Burst external hemorrhoids - what to do?
Hemorrhoids are an anus disease that is based on stagnation of blood and varicose vessels, resulting in hemorrhoid cones. In the initial stages, the disease is accompanied by pain, itching and burning in the rectum during bowel movements. With the progression of the pathological process, the hemorrhoid cones become quite large, fall out of the anus, are injured, bleed and inflamed. In this topic, we want to make out whether hemorrhoids can burst, when this can happen and what to do in a similar situation.
Why can cones of hemorrhoids burst?
Hemorrhoids can burst for a number of reasons, namely:
- constipation. With constipation, the patient during a bowel movement strongly push, which leads to an increase in intra-abdominal pressure and increased blood flow to the vessels of the anus. Crowded hemorrhoid cones cannot withstand such a load, so they burst. In addition, the external and hollowed internal cones can break out from damage by hard feces,
- prolonged sitting. During prolonged sitting, the outflow of blood from hemorrhoids is disrupted, as a result of which they are overflowed with blood and burst,
- anal sex. The main function of the rectum is the excretion of feces. This body is not intended for sex, because the walls of the rectal canal are thin and do not have glands that produce lubricant. Therefore, during anal intercourse, the bumps of hemorrhoids can be injured and burst,
- heavy lifting or excessive exercise. When lifting heavy objects, there is a sharp increase in intra-abdominal pressure and an increase in blood flow to the vessels of the rectum, which can cause rupture of both internal and external hemorrhoids,
- damage to hemorrhoids. External hemorrhoids are damaged and burst more often than the internal hemorrhoid, since the external cones are constantly outside and can be injured by tight underwear or clothing, the hard surface of the chair, during sports, etc.,
- pregnancy. In the late pregnancy, the pregnant uterus presses on the vessels of the anus, disrupting the outflow of blood through them, often causing rupture of hemorrhoids. In addition, pregnant women are prone to constipation, which in itself can lead to hemorrhoids bursting.
- natural birth. Bursting hemorrhoids during childbirth are not uncommon, since attempts to provoke a sharp jump in pressure in the vessels of the anus.
What to do if hemorrhoids burst and how to stop the blood?
But it happens that hemorrhoids burst at the most inopportune time, when it is not possible to consult a specialist, so the patient must know how to give yourself first aid.
If hemorrhoids erupt, follow the following algorithm.
The first 2-3 hours, observe strict bed rest. Eliminate any physical activity. It is strictly forbidden to be in a sitting position.
Take a hemostatic drug (Aminocaproic acid, Dicinon, Trenax, Ethamsylate).
Cold water or ice will help reduce pain and stop bleeding.
The following procedures are most effective for bleeding hemorrhoids:
- cold water baths. To do this, pour boiled water cooled to 18 ° C into a wide basin and sit in it so that the anus and the nodes are completely covered with liquid, and the genitals are covered with a hand. In cold water, you can stay no longer than 5 minutes so as not to catch a cold. Such baths are carried out three times a day until the condition is relieved,
- baths with decoctions of medicinal plants. You can stop bleeding from a node that burst, a decoction of nettle, hemophilus and yarrow. To enhance the effect of these herbs, you can add chamomile or St. John's wort, which have an anti-inflammatory effect. The procedure is carried out 3-4 times a day for 7 minutes,
- lotions with cold water. A piece of gauze is moistened in cold water and applied to the anus for 1-2 minutes, repeating the procedure 5-6 times,
- ice pack. The ice bladder is wrapped in soft tissue and placed in the anus for 1-2 minutes,
- ice candles. Boiled cold water or a decoction of medicinal plants is poured into candle molds (cardboard cones, fingertips, tablets for injection drugs) and sent to the freezer until it is completely frozen. Such a candle is injected into the anus for 20 seconds 3-4 times, this will be enough to stop the bleeding.
Treat the nodes with hydrogen peroxide.
Apply hemorrhoids ointment with hemostatic effect (Relif, Proctosan, Fleming ointment, methyluracil ointment) to burst cones or enter a rectal suppository in the anus (Natalsid, Relif, suppositories with adrenaline). You can also use a hemostatic sponge, which is applied to the external nodes or inserted into the anus.
Candles for hemorrhoids
Today the most popular and effective antihemorrhoids suppositories with hemostatic effect are the following:
- Relief This medication contains phenylephrine, which constricts blood vessels and stops bleeding. In the anus enter one suppository 4 times a day,
- Proctosan. In this medication, bismuth and titanium compounds are present, which form a film on the surface of damaged tissues. Thus, the vessels are “sealed” and the bleeding stops. The drug is injected into the anus twice a day,
- Natalside. This drug is made from an extract of brown seaweed, which have a pronounced hemostatic effect. Candles are injected into the rectum 3 times a day,
- Propolis Nam. These homeopathic suppositories are composed of mineral oils, propolis and tannins, which help stop the bleeding.
Ointment for cones of hemorrhoids
If external hemorrhoids burst, then it is better to use antihemorrhoids ointments. Most often in this situation, the following drugs are used:
- Proctosan ointment. This drug also contains bismuth and titanium compounds, which eliminates the bleeding of hemorrhoids. Proctosan should be smeared with bursting cones in the morning and evening. In addition, this medication instantly relieves pain and itching in the anus,
- Relief ointment. This ointment has the same composition as the candle of the same name. The drug can be applied to the external cones or injected into the anus using a rectal applicator,
- Methyluracil ointment. The main component of the ointment is methyluracil, which has pronounced healing and immunostimulating properties. Thanks to this drug, it is possible to accelerate the healing of anal tears and bursting hemorrhoids, due to which bleeding will stop. The ointment is applied to the tissues of the anus and hemorrhoids twice a day until the lesions are completely tightened,
- Fleming's ointment. This homeopathic ointment consists of zinc oxide, menthol and extracts of medicinal plants (calendula, witch hazel, conkers). Fleming's ointment strengthens the vessels of the anus and prevents the appearance of new episodes of bleeding,
- cream Procto Glivenol.
Treatment of cones of hemorrhoids that burst and bleed should also be carried out with the help of hemostatic drugs.
The drugs of choice in this case may be the following:
- Aminocaproic acid
- Trenax and others.
These drugs accelerate platelet adhesion to vascular endothelium, thereby reducing bleeding time and forming a blood clot.
In the treatment of hemorrhoids, the following venotonic drugs can be used:
- Phlebodia 600,
- Aescusan and others.
Therefore, at the first signs of varicose veins of hemorrhoidal veins, contact a specialist immediately and remember that self-medication can negatively affect your health. In addition, in complex cases, especially when complications develop, conservative treatment will be powerless, so getting rid of hemorrhoids can only be done surgically.
Is it possible to treat bursting hemorrhoid cones with folk remedies?
To your attention are several ways to treat hemorrhoids folk remedies.
- absorbable compress with infusion of medicinal plants: 20 grams of sage leaves, oak bark, chamomile and valerian root are poured with boiling water, covered with a lid and insisted for 30 minutes. A chilled infusion is impregnated with a piece of gauze, which is placed on the bursting site for 20 minutes. The procedure is done 4 times a day until the hemorrhoids symptom subsides,
- bathtubs with oak bark, calendula, sage, yarrow or nettle: two tablespoons of one of the listed components are poured into 300 ml of boiling water and simmered over low heat for 40 minutes, after which they are filtered through a sieve. For the bath you need to use cold solutions. The procedure is carried out in the morning and evening for 7 minutes,
- baths with a weak solution of potassium permanganate,
- ingestion of beet, cabbage or potato juice. 100 freshly squeezed juice is drunk before meals 3 times a day during exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
How to behave if hemorrhoids burst?
A prerequisite for the successful treatment of bursting hemorrhoids is lifestyle correction, which is as follows:
- proper and balanced nutrition. With the help of a diet, you can avoid constipation, which often provokes a rupture of hemorrhoids. Therefore, from the diet you need to remove foods that disrupt the digestive tract, namely: spicy spices and seasonings, fatty and fried foods, smoked meats, pickles, marinades. The menu of a patient with hemorrhoids should to a greater extent consist of vegetables and cereals, as well as dairy products, fruits and dried fruits,
- sufficient drinking regimen. A lack of fluid in the body leads to a thickening of blood and constipation, so a hemorrhoid sufferer should drink at least 1, 5 liters of pure water per day,
- rejection of bad habits. First of all, you need to forget about alcoholic beverages, since they increase the pressure in the vessels of the anus and can lead to rupture of the cones,
- limit physical activity,
- do not lift weights, especially during exacerbation of hemorrhoids,
- do motor workouts during a long stay in a sitting position,
- exclude anal sex.
Hemorrhoids can burst due to various reasons:
- Blood filling of the hemorrhoidal cone with high pressure on it:
- If a person suffers from constipation, then during bowel movements bloody marks may appear on toilet paper,
- When lifting weights or other physical exertion, including pregnancy, especially in the later stages,
- Due to sedentary work, blood stagnates, the veins are filled with it, and when the position is changed, they can rupture,
- Hemorrhoids Injury:
- Wearing tightening clothes
- With anal sex.
Less common causes are overeating, non-compliance with a special diet, eating food with an excess of spices. Even with the initial treatment, the doctor will definitely insist on a certain meal schedule and the complete exclusion of alcoholic beverages.
The released blood can have a scarlet hue, with a small gap, or come out in clots, for example, when it stagnates and accumulates in a vein.
During the break, the patient's sensations are especially painful, but this is not the main danger. The neglected form of hemorrhoids often leads to thrombosis, the behavior of a blood clot during a violation of the integrity of the hemorrhoid cone is difficult to predict. Also, tears around the anus lead to other diseases.
If the hemorrhoid has burst, then even surgical intervention may be necessary. This is especially common with thrombosis due to the fact that the thrombus may not come out or come out incompletely with bleeding. Thrombosis manifests itself in the occurrence of folds or anal fringes.
Localization of the hemorrhoidal cone creates a serious risk of infection of the bursting vein. The saddest result of this process is tissue necrosis and profuse purulent discharge. Concomitant complications is a sharp increase in temperature, chills.
But that is not all. If internal or external hemorrhoids burst, then the risk of getting a rectal tumor increases significantly.
Doctors often recommend immediate hospitalization. The clinic will carry out disinfection of the wound, and if necessary, and remove the remnants of the thrombus. Also, treatment includes measures for the speedy healing and prevention of the occurrence of repeated nodes.
Self-medication of a bursting hemorrhoid
It is impossible to completely get rid of the disease on your own. But, using some folk remedies and changing the habits and lifestyle provoking the disease, you can significantly reduce its manifestation. However, dragging it out with an appeal to a specialist, one should also be prepared for the consequences in the form of rupture of hemorrhoids.
If such a nuisance overtakes by surprise, it is worth performing the following manipulations:
- Apply ice to the wound. Cold baths also help. This will relieve swelling and slightly reduce pain. The essence of the procedure: you need to sit in a basin with cold water for several minutes three times a day. After, slightly dampen the skin to get rid of water and disinfect this place with hydrogen peroxide,
- Lubricate the nodes with anti-inflammatory ointments, such as levomekol, heparin, troxevasin, Vishnevsky ointment, venobene, etc.,
- Adrenaline suppositories reduce bleeding and have an analgesic effect. The best option would be the presence of propolis in the suppository, which has a particularly powerful hemostatic effect. The bleeding itself can last more than an hour, so in a home medicine cabinet this remedy is required for hemorrhoids patients,
- You can drink painkillers such as analgin, ibuprofen, diclofenac, or nurofen. It is dangerous to endure acute pain.
After the cessation of bleeding, you need to concentrate your efforts on wound healing and anti-inflammatory actions. Warm baths with medicinal herbs such as chamomile, calendula, as well as with onion husks and chives show a beneficial effect.
It is also important to use vasoconstrictor drugs or decoctions of herbs. They also need to periodically lubricate the anus. The only caveat - the composition should not contain alcohol, which can cause pain.
And from this moment on, special care must be taken in personal hygiene. Review your diet and balance physical activity. Also, it is worthwhile to prevent constipation or diarrhea, which provoke complications and the emergence of new hemorrhoidal nodes.
It is recommended in the first few days to observe bed rest and, if possible, consult a doctor. Only the proctologist will determine whether all the actions necessary for the rupture are completed, or whether these measures should be supplemented by the removal of a blood clot or the use of other drugs.
Why hemorrhoidal nodes burst
Hemorrhoidal rupture is associated with several factors. When the inflammation proceeds to the late stages, the bumps increase in size. The appearance of severe symptoms is associated with an exacerbation of the disease.In this case, the nodes begin to block the lumen of the rectum. The patient feels constant discomfort.
Therefore, the following reasons are distinguished that provoke an exacerbation of hemorrhoids in the form of a breakthrough of the node:
- trauma due to friction on linen or skin,
- due to bowel movements due to passage of feces,
- constipation in a chronic course,
- after heavy physical exertion,
- with a sedentary lifestyle,
- frequent intake of harmful food
Due to these factors, the inflamed mucosa does not stand up and the node bursts. In this case, interruption of internal or external hemorrhoids occurs. If the node burst in the rectum, then constipation, thrombosis, or indigestion is considered the fault. External cones are injured due to their infringement or other injuries.
When the cones fall out and their subsequent reduction, the capillaries become thinner. In addition, blood flow in the inflamed area worsens. If you eat junk food, blood thickens. Therefore, this leads to the formation of adhesions and thrombosis.
If the thrombus has reached a large size, then he needs to find a way out. Therefore, the venous walls cannot withstand stress and burst in a thinned place. When a capillary ruptures, then hemorrhoids that have reached large sizes can burst. Because of this, bleeding occurs. An open wound causes the development of purulent inflammation or an infection gets into it, which leads to unpleasant consequences. A blood clot in a venous congestion leaves the hemorrhoid. This is accompanied by severe soreness. When the hemorrhoids burst, and the cluster did not completely leave the vessel, then inflammation occurs.
What is dangerous condition
Venous congestion in the rectum is accompanied by pain in the anus. Therefore, when a bump of hemorrhoids bursts, the patient feels relief after his release. A blood clot flows out in the form of severe bleeding. This is the main danger when hemorrhoids erupt.
When hemorrhoids erupted, an open wound was observed for some time. Pathogenic bacteria and infections can get into it. If a breakthrough occurs after a bowel movement, then without proper help, the wound will begin to inflame.
The course of a dangerous stage is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- pain in the anus,
- swelling of the tissues of the anus,
- the appearance of purulent discharge.
Sometimes patients independently pierce a knot. This can lead to unpleasant consequences for the health of the patient. This often causes complications and necrotic processes. In addition, the patient may have blood poisoning.
First aid for bursting hemorrhoids
If hemorrhoids burst and there is blood, then it is required to provide the patient with first aid. Therefore, after the procedures to stop the hemorrhage, it is worth going to the hospital to a proctologist. The doctor will diagnose and prescribe a comprehensive treatment. However, before visiting a doctor, you should know the measures to stop bleeding and prevent further inflammatory process.
Applying cold to the bumps of hemorrhoids
Cold compresses are often used to stop blood from bursting hemorrhoids. To do this, apply gauze or a swab dipped in solution or boiled cool water to the damaged area. Sometimes pieces of ice are wrapped in cloth and sit on such a pillow.
The fabric can be moistened not only with water, but also in herbal decoctions. Often for lotions use:
- marigold petals,
These plants have the ability to stop bleeding and relieve inflammation. In addition, a bactericidal effect is exerted on the affected area.
During an emergency procedure, it is not recommended to keep cold compresses for a long time. This leads to a deterioration or disruption of blood flow in the damaged area, which leads to unpleasant complications in the form of diseases of the pelvic organs. The duration of the procedure should not exceed 5, and sometimes 10 minutes. With inflammatory processes in the urinary tract, time is reduced so as not to cause more harm to the body.
Cool baths with herbs for hemorrhoid inflammation
At home, with a bursting cone, make baths. Procedures relate to one of the types of treatment for the disease. This requires the preparation of aqueous solutions. Infusions of medicinal herbs are added to them.
Water during the bath should be cool and boiled. This is necessary for disinfection.
To prepare an effective tool for stopping blood, you need to use the following components:
- 1 liter of boiling water
- 1 tbsp. l mixtures of dry herbs.
Raw boiled water is brewed and infused. Herbs for baths can be collected independently in a field far from trails and landfills. Otherwise, they are bought in pharmacy chains. Cool baths, when the hemorrhoids burst, require courses. The procedure is repeated for a week and a half. In addition, daily therapy is recommended every 3 hours. The duration of the bath reaches 20 minutes.
First aid at home
Most often, a blood clot comes out, and blood flows in a small amount. But there are cases of severe bleeding.
If the blood cannot be stopped, an ambulance should be called!
What to do if a bump of hemorrhoids suddenly bursts? In most cases, you can provide yourself first aid yourself.
Recommendations for action:
- Cold helps stop rectal bleeding. An ice compress should be applied to the site of the ruptured hemorrhoid. In order not to overcool the sore spot and not further aggravate the situation, it should not be kept for more than 10 minutes.
- Sedentary cool baths for hemorrhoids - one of the ways to treat the disease. Water should be pre-boiled and cooled. Cool baths with herbal infusions will help stop bleeding, relieve inflammation, eliminate pain and itching.
To prepare a healing infusion, you need to brew a mixture of dry herbs with 1 liter of boiling water. 1 tablespoon each. All herbs can be prepared independently or purchased at a pharmacy. This is chamomile, yarrow, calendula, nettle. Cool baths with infusions of medicinal herbs should be taken in a course of 10 days. There will be several such procedures throughout the day, repeated every three hours. The duration of one procedure is 20 minutes.
For the treatment of inflamed hemorrhoidal nodes, Vishnevsky ointment, Troxevasin, Levomekol are most often used. They effectively protect against infection. Diclofenac, Nurofen and Analgin are drugs that can help relieve pain.
Paraproctitis or fistula may result from infection. The first signs are the appearance of pus from a bursting hemorrhoid. In this case, there is an immediate threat to human life! Urgent appeal to a proctologist or surgeon is the only way out.
What is the reason?
Hemorrhoids occur due to the deformation of veins located in the rectal area. With the progression of the disease, cones appear on them, which grow, blocking the lumen of the rectum and preventing normal defecation.
Can hemorrhoids burst?
The delicate mucosa does not withstand constant friction and the overgrown node can burst. This problem most often occurs when:
This problem most often occurs when:
- Chronic constipation, forcing to push during a bowel movement.
- Weightlifting or strong short-term stress during power sports.
- A sedentary lifestyle and low physical activity.
- Eating oily, spicy foods that cause a rush of blood to the hemorrhoids.
Both internal nodes and external ones protruding from the anus burst. The former are more often damaged by constipation and thrombosis, while the external ones suffer from infringements or external injuries.
Often the cause of the gap is a combination of problems. Overgrown nodes undergo friction from the outside, loss and reduction of cones thinns the vascular walls. At the same time, obstructed blood flow and food rich in cholesterol provoke blood clotting, the formation of internal adhesions and blood clots. An extensive thrombus bursts inside the vessel, the deformed walls burst in the most vulnerable place. Usually it becomes a large knot.
Simultaneously with rupture of the vessel, the mucous membrane or skin is injured.
A blood clot leaves the body along with blood, the patient may experience pain. In some cases, the remnants of the thrombus do not leave the vessel, which can provoke inflammation.
So, if hemorrhoids burst - a photo for your attention:
What is hemorrhoids and how does it manifest?
Hemorrhoids are a vascular disease characterized by varicose veins of the cavernous hemorrhoid plexuses of the rectum veins. The immediate cause of this pathology is an excessive increase in blood pressure in the vessels of the rectum and weakness of the venous wall of the outlet vessels.
Reference. Favorable factors for the development of the disease are considered inactive lifestyle, weight lifting, pregnancy and childbirth.
External hemorrhoidal nodes appear around the anus under the skin, and internal - inside the anal canal. They are covered with the mucous membrane of the rectum. With a combined course of internal and external manifestations of the disease, combined hemorrhoids are diagnosed. In accordance with clinical signs, the disease is divided into acute and chronic.
Clinically, hemorrhoids are manifested by pain, which occurs predominantly during bowel movements, itching of the anal area, the periodic appearance of blood from the anus, and loss of internal nodes. The severity of the symptoms of hemorrhoids and the size of the nodes determine the stage of the process.
Causes of pathology
Causes and risk factors that may cause the disease:
- Constipation and severe straining during bowel movements. In this case, from the influx of blood, intra-abdominal pressure increases. The nodes are overflowing with blood and at some point crack.
- Sedentary work is also the cause of stagnation of blood, which makes the nodes overflow with blood and break.
- Injury to hemorrhoids provokes anal sex.
- The venous node can burst from severe physical exertion, from lifting heaviness.
- Nodule ruptures often occur in pregnant women.
Important to remember! If hemorrhoids burst and there is blood, you need to apply a cold!
If bleeding does not stop, call an ambulance or visit your nearest proctologist.
Risk of knot rupture
If a bump of hemorrhoids bursts, it is difficult not to notice. The first symptom is jet or drip bleeding that is not associated with bowel movements. If help is not provided in a timely manner, an open wound becomes infected, inflammation begins, requiring urgent medical attention. Among the alarming symptoms:
- temperature rise,
- aching pain in the anus,
- internal and external edema,
- separation of pus and blood clots.
A rupture of the hemorrhoid can lead to anemia, tissue necrosis, and even sepsis.
Open wounds heal poorly, fecal particles get into them, causing constant inflammation.
What happens if you puncture hemorrhoids? - The same negative consequences as during the break. Therefore, this is strictly prohibited!
Why is a hemorrhoid ruptured?
Due to acute hemorrhoids, in which there is a vivid symptomatology (severe pain, enlarged nodes, soreness during bowel movements), hemorrhoidal thrombosis can develop. The same complication happens with exacerbation of chronic hemorrhoids. In both cases, in a greatly enlarged node, blood clotting and thrombus formation are observed. This happens with a strong blood overflow of dilated hemorrhoidal veins. Further, an inflammatory process is formed around such a node.
During acute thrombosis, several successive stages are distinguished:
- Isolated thrombosis of the site.
- Hemorrhoidal thrombosis with local inflammatory reaction of perianal folds.
- Thrombosis, in addition to inflammation, is accompanied by necrotic changes in the node.
Many patients with this disease wonder: can hemorrhoids burst? Sometimes the pressure in the veins is so strong that, indeed, a venous wall rupture is possible, especially if there is thrombosis and local inflammation.
Trigger factors for hemorrhoidal rupture are:
- Strong straining during bowel movements. In this case, a large amount of blood rushes to the hemorrhoidal nodes, overflowing them. The walls of blood vessels can not stand and burst. In this case, bleeding from a bursting site is observed.
- Improper nutrition, which leads to a compaction of feces and the development of constipation. With constipation, a person has to use strong straining to release the intestines, which can lead to rupture of hemorrhoids.
- Pregnancy and childbirth. During the period of bearing a child, due to hormonal changes and a growing uterus, the outflow of blood from hemorrhoidal veins is disturbed. All this contributes to the expansion of the walls of blood vessels and increases the chance of rupture of the node. This risk increases many times during childbirth, when the load on the vascular bed increases significantly.
- Lifting a large load. When lifting weights, pressure in the abdominal cavity and pelvis increases, the outflow of blood from hemorrhoidal veins is very difficult, they are filled with blood and expand. If you dramatically raise an impressive load in the presence of hemorrhoids, the nodes may burst, which leads to rectal bleeding.
- During anal sex in the presence of hemorrhoids, mechanical trauma to the nodes and their overflow with blood occurs, which is also fraught with rupture of these formations.
- Sometimes perforation of the hemorrhoid can occur with hypertensive crisis in the elderly, when blood pressure reaches very high numbers.
- Inactivity and constant sitting position during work.
- The abuse of spicy, sour, fried, smoked food, alcohol, spices, which leads to frequent exacerbations of hemorrhoids.
Prevention and treatment
If thrombosis of hemorrhoidal nodes is diagnosed, then in this case anticoagulants are often saved. These are drugs that change the viscosity of the blood. These include ointments with sodium heparin or with troxerutin.
It is better to entrust a specialist proctologist to treat bursting hemorrhoids. The doctor of this specialty will best select an individual scheme, taking into account the tests and the severity of the disease.
With thrombosis accompanied by inflammation (with the exception of a purulent-inflammatory process), combined drugs are prescribed. They are able to simultaneously anesthetize, relieve inflammation and destroy blood clots.
To prevent hemorrhoidal disease and eliminate pain, local medicines are used. These include rectal suppositories. Usually they contain vasoconstrictor components (for example, adrenaline or phenylephrine), tannins and thrombolytic substances. Rectal suppositories with propolis have an antibacterial effect.
Hemostatic and anti-inflammatory suppositories put from 2 to 5 days. Then they switch to antiseptic and healing drugs. Phlebotropic drugs, which include Venarus, Detralex, Phlebodia, for the prevention of hemorrhoids need to be drunk twice a year.The duration of preventive measures is best agreed with the attending physician.
CONTRAINDICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE
CONSULTING YOUR DOCTOR NEEDED
What happens during rupture of hemorrhoids?
At the moment when the hemorrhoids burst, there is pain followed by bleeding, during which the blood clot comes out through the damaged vessel wall. In the future, many patients report an improvement due to the cessation of pain that accompanied thrombosis.
The edges of the rupture of the vessel and mucous membrane (anal fringes) are often very painful, and, like the wound itself, are the entrance gate to infection. Therefore, a person with a similar problem needs to carefully monitor the hygiene of the anal area. In case of infection, suppuration, increased pain, fever, chills can be observed. The appearance of such symptoms is an occasion for urgent hospitalization.
The most correct action if the hemorrhoid has burst is a visit to a proctologist. This must be done as quickly as possible. Indeed, in some cases, qualified surgical intervention is indispensable. Moreover, if blood comes from the anus, rupture of the hemorrhoid is not the only cause of this symptom.
Proctological examination includes:
- collection of complaints and medical history,
- examination and palpation of the perianal region,
- digital rectal examination
Some of the instrumental examinations may not be carried out, if more accessible and simple methods make it possible to accurately diagnose. In any case, the scope of the diagnostic program is determined only by the proctologist.
The use of peroxide to stop bleeding
In addition to applying cold and holding baths, during the day it is worth processing the breakthrough of the knot. To do this, moisten the tissue in a peroxide solution. The substance is used instead of an antiseptic and allows you to maintain external hemorrhoids in hygiene.
To make a compress with peroxide, you will need to take gauze and moisten it in a solution. Before applying it is necessary to squeeze the fabric and fold into several layers. Then it is placed to the anus and left for 2-3 minutes. If necessary, therapy is repeated after 3 hours.
What to do in case of rupture of the hemorrhoid?
If the hemorrhoidal node bursts and bleeding appears, consult a proctologist. In the absence of the opportunity to get medical advice, you should immediately try to help yourself on your own. To do this, you can use the following recommendations:
- Take a cold sitz bath. Cold contributes to vasospasm and the cessation of bleeding. Water must be boiled to prevent infection. The duration of the procedure should not exceed 5 minutes. You can repeat up to 4 times a day. It is also possible to use an ice compress on the anus for 10 minutes.
- If the hemorrhoidal node of external localization bursts, you should generously moisten sterile cotton wool or bandage in hydrogen peroxide and apply to a bleeding formation. With internal hemorrhoids, an enema with a peroxide diluted in half with boiled water is used.
- Insert an ice candle into the anal canal. Such suppositories can be made at home from decoctions of nettle, chamomile, St. John's wort, yarrow, propolis, marigold.
- Take a local sitting bath with a decoction of calamus root, buckthorn bark, marigold, horse chestnut, chamomile. These plants will help stop the blood flow. During bleeding, the temperature of the bath water should not be high. But after the cessation of blood flow, it is possible to use warm baths with the same medicinal plants to quickly absorb blood clots.
- Oral administration of decoctions of medicinal plants with a vasoconstrictor effect: horse chestnut, ginkgo biloba.
- With prolonged bleeding, it is recommended to introduce a suppository with adrenaline, which has a spastic effect on the vessels and a slight analgesic effect.
- Drink an anesthetic in case of severe pain. For this, drugs based on Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Nimesulide are used. However, any pain should be treated and not tolerated, since it enhances the muscle spasm of the perineum, which disrupts blood circulation in the hemorrhoidal nodes.
- Local use of ointments after stopping bleeding (Troxevasin, Heparin, Levomekol), which help tone the veins, promotes resorption of blood clots.
General recommendations suggest the exclusion of any physical activity, as they can increase bleeding and resume it after a successful stop. It is recommended to lie on your stomach or on your back. It’s not worth taking even a sitting position without special need.
How to cope with the problem yourself: folk methods
Not always the patient has the opportunity to immediately consult a doctor. This will have to be done as soon as possible, but some measures can be taken at home.
So what to do if hemorrhoids burst and blood is flowing? When blood streams appear, a compress with an aqueous solution of hydrogen peroxide must be applied to the anus. It will relieve bleeding and disinfect the wound. A cool compress will help relieve pain and reduce swelling. Make it easy. The sterile gauze cloth is abundantly wetted with peroxide, slightly wrung out and applied to the anus for 5-7 minutes. If necessary, the compress can be repeated after a few hours.
When the internal node ruptures, cold baths are recommended, which relieve bleeding. In cold water, several crystals of potassium permanganate are added so that a pale pink solution is obtained. The procedure lasts 3-5 minutes, it is recommended to carry out it 2-3 times a day.
When the external hemorrhoids burst, it is necessary to make a cold compress from a decoction of chamomile, nettle, calendula, yarrow.
It will help relieve bleeding, relieve swelling and prevent inflammation.
For the preparation of broth 1 tbsp. a spoonful of raw material is poured with a liter of boiling water, heated for 5-7 minutes, infused for 1 hour and filtered.
The cotton cloth is wetted in the liquid and superimposed on the anus, it can be covered with plastic wrap on top.
A decoction from a mixture of pharmacy chamomile, willow and oak bark has a good astringent and wound-healing effect. Raw materials are taken in equal proportions, a handful of herbs is poured with a liter of boiling water and half an hour is ground. The mixture can be used for lotions, compresses and cool baths.
Having eliminated bleeding, you can start painkillers and wound healing procedures. The anus is lubricated with Levomekol or Vishnevsky ointment. Both drugs have a regenerating, decongestant and anti-inflammatory effect. The ointment is applied in a thin layer without rubbing, you can put a small amount of the drug on a bandage folded in 2-3 layers, which is pressed against the anus.
They are used 2-3 times a day after washing the anus with cool water. Hot water cannot be used; it can provoke new bleeding.
Suppositories with adrenaline from bleeding hemorrhoids
If the hemorrhoidal node bursts, bleeding must be stopped. At home, rectal suppositories can be used. The medicine should contain adrenaline or thrombin. Drugs can narrow the vessels at the site of the lesion. Otherwise, blood coagulation increases.
Adrenaline-containing medications should not be used in patients with high blood pressure or hypertension.
Professional treatment of burst hemorrhoids
If hemorrhoids burst, it is necessary to consult a proctologist for proper treatment. When diagnosing an inflammatory process. If after a rupture of tissues, damage and edema of the epithelium occurred, then the patient may experience complications. After stopping repeated bleeding at home, the doctor will recommend the use of special medications. In addition, antiseptic and wound healing ointments are prescribed for use.
Local drugs are used to treat external hemorrhoids. Some of them can be inserted into the rectum. In any case, the ointment is applied in a thin layer to the damaged cone. Therapy of the anal area is carried out up to 5 times a day, depending on the severity of the damage. Such medicines complement the treatment with medicinal decoctions and infusions.
Before applying the ointment to the site, you need to do a wash or cold baths with herbs.
When a venous congestion erupts, the patient is limited in physical activity. Therefore, doctors recommend that you follow these tips:
- do not lift weights
- you can’t sit
- take a position while lying on your back or stomach.
In complex therapy, when hemorrhoids burst, compliance with a sparing diet and the use of drugs are included. In this case, it is worth considering the individual characteristics of the body.
When is surgical correction necessary?
In some cases, conservative therapy does not give the desired treatment results for a bursting hemorrhoid cone. Therefore, if bleeding continues throughout the day, and your health progressively worsens, you should consult a proctologist. Perhaps the blood clot from the site was not completely evacuated with the excreted blood through a perforated vein. In this case, you may need its surgical revision.
In addition, other hemorrhoidal nodes may be in a state of thrombosis and an imminent rupture. In this case, the doctor can significantly alleviate the condition of the patient by making an incision over the node with its subsequent revision and suturing.
Surgical treatment is also most often inevitable when there are signs of purulent inflammation in the node.
Consequences: how to prevent complications?
Now you know if the hemorrhoid can burst. And what are the consequences of this? If you do not take measures in a timely manner, inflammation and swelling are possible, increased pain, suppuration. The edges of torn tissues die off, enhancing the inflammatory process. Defecation becomes very painful and the patient avoids going to the toilet, which threatens with severe constipation and worsens the general condition of the patient.
It is very important to relieve bleeding and prevent its recovery. Blood loss threatens with anemia, especially dangerous with weakened immunity. In the most severe cases, sepsis is possible.
In an outpatient or inpatient setting, the patient is prescribed a course of antibiotics in the form of tablets or injections.
Tetracycline or penicillin preparations are used to cope with most types of infections.
It is impossible to prescribe antibiotics for yourself, the doctor should calculate the course and dosage. After removal of acute inflammation, the question of removing the remaining nodes is considered.
If there is pus after rupture of hemorrhoids
When inflammation of the veins erupted, patients bring this condition to a complication. Therefore, sometimes there is a discharge of pus from the damaged area. In this case, the patient can not engage in self-medication, having given himself first aid, it is necessary to call a team of doctors.
The appearance of pus is associated with the following complication of hemorrhoids:
This occurs when an infection enters the resulting wound. With a serious course, a transition to sepsis is possible. For treatment, you will need to determine what triggered this condition. Therefore, it is able to determine the attending physician.
To help the patient, an operation will be required. This is necessary so that inflammation and swelling of the nodes do not begin to spread further. The condition is dangerous during pregnancy.
Infection can affect the development of the fetus, which will lead to a miscarriage. When an abscess appears, you can not open it at home. To avoid complications, you should go to the hospital.
In the late stages of inflammation of the venous congestion, an increase in cones occurs. In this case, tissue rupture occurs due to capillary thrombosis. Therefore, when hemorrhoids burst, the patient should prevent bleeding and consult a doctor for further help. Otherwise, complications can develop, and pus will appear.
The information on our website is provided by qualified doctors and is for informational purposes only. Do not self-medicate! Be sure to contact a specialist!
Gastroenterologist, Professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences. Prescribes diagnostics and conducts treatment. Expert of the group for the study of inflammatory diseases. The author of more than 300 scientific papers.
What if pus appears?
Purulent discharge from the node is a clear sign of bacterial infection, even if the hemorrhoidal lump has burst long ago and the bleeding has already stopped. Suppuration can be a sign of paraproctitis or rectal fistula. Purulent inflammation is accompanied by fever, chills, general weakness, and decreased appetite. If such symptoms appear, seek medical attention urgently.
When the lump of hemorrhoids burst, what to do, you now know. No less important is prevention in this matter. You can prevent further ruptures of hemorrhoidal nodes by complex measures. It is important to adhere to the therapeutic plan prescribed by the doctor, not to skip taking medications. The patient should not refuse the proposed operation or minimally invasive intervention. Timely resection or isolation of a dangerous node will help destroy it without tearing tissue and the risk of complications.
Patients with stage 2 and 3 hemorrhoids should not overexert, lift weights, sit too long. Walking, swimming, gymnastics, excluding sudden movements, are useful for them. It is very important to monitor digestion, avoiding constipation.
If the stool is delayed for more than 2 days, you need to take a laxative or make a cleansing enema. Strong stress during bowel movements is especially dangerous in the presence of large hemorrhoidal nodes.
You must follow a sparing diet. Fatty meat, fried, smoked, too spicy dishes, industrial sweets and alcohol should not be eaten.
Mandatory daily intake of vegetables and fruits (at least 500 g). These products provide the body with valuable dietary fiber, trace elements and vitamins, and prevent constipation and diarrhea.
If hemorrhoids erupted - you now know what to do!
Remember that a bursting node is a signal that the hemorrhoids have passed into a severe stage.
It is recommended to stop conservative treatment and apply one of the minimally invasive techniques or decide on hemorrhoidectomy.
A radical intervention will eliminate large nodes and reduce the risk of internal bleeding.
Proper nutrition, giving up bad habits and following the recommendations of your doctor will help prevent further growth of cones.
Nodal rupture prevention
To prevent hemorrhoids perforation, exacerbation of the disease should not be allowed and the following recommendations should be observed:
- Regular physical activity, which helps improve blood circulation in the pelvic organs. Avoid prolonged sitting. With sedentary work, you need to get up every 30 minutes and walk for at least a few minutes.
- Gymnastics for the pelvic floor muscles is to reduce the external anal sphincter and other intimate muscles. Its regular implementation contributes to the effective emptying of hemorrhoidal veins. Reductions are performed at a fast and slow pace 15 times a few sets per day.
- Hygienic measures imply the mandatory washing of the anal area after the next bowel movement with running water and soap. This prevents infection of the injured area of the skin or mucous membrane.
- Dietary food provides for the exclusion from the diet of fatty, sour, spicy, spicy dishes and alcohol, which contribute to exacerbation of hemorrhoids, leading to the fact that the nodes burst. In addition, for the prevention of constipation, the daily menu should include foods rich in fiber (fresh vegetables, fruits, bran) and dairy products.
- Systemic course use of venotonics helps to strengthen the vascular wall (Detralex, Phlebodia, Eskuzan, Troxevasin).
- Local treatment with wound healing ointments that accelerate the regeneration of the mucous membrane and skin over the hemorrhoids that burst (Methyluracil, Proctosan, Aurobin). Suppositories with sea buckthorn oil can also be used.
- Local treatment of thrombosis as the main risk factor for node rupture (Nigepan, Hepatrombin G, Troxevasin).
Thus, if hemorrhoids are treated correctly and their condition is monitored, following all the doctor's recommendations, complications rarely occur. In the case when the hemorrhoids burst, you need to visit a proctologist as soon as possible, even if the bleeding was stopped on your own.