Kegel exercises for men after removal of the prostate
Removal of the prostate is a complex but necessary surgical intervention, indicated only in cases that are not amenable to therapeutic assistance.
To reduce the number of side effects and restore health as quickly as possible, it is important to scrupulously follow the instructions of the attending physician, paying attention to the correct lifestyle, diet, gymnastics.
Full or partial resection of the prostate is used in case of:
A benign or malignant tumor grows, squeezing the bladder and urethra, making it difficult to urinate. If therapeutic measures do not help, surgeons resort to the removal of part of the prostate or its complete excision. The choice of operation depends on the state of the gland and the rate of tissue growth.
Modern surgery offers both classical resection and gentle laparoscopic surgery. In the case of malignant tumors, a course of chemotherapy is simultaneously prescribed. Usually the operation goes without complications. The risks of sexual dysfunction, water intoxication, bleeding or inflammation are minimized.
After complete or partial removal of the prostate, relief comes almost immediately. However, surgery is fraught with side effects.
Most often, experts note problems with urination:
- involuntary leakage,
- urinary retention.
Rehabilitation after removal of the prostate:
- In the recovery period, a full night's sleep is important (at least 7-8 hours).
- It is advisable to avoid work at a later time.
- It is recommended to completely abandon bad habits. Smoking has a bad effect on blood vessels and complicates blood circulation, which is dangerous for patients who have survived surgery.
- Prohibited alcohol, causing dehydration. Beer, carbonated drinks containing alcohol and caffeine, as well as a variety of cocktails are especially dangerous. No more than 1 serving of alcohol per week is allowed, with preference being given to natural grape wines.
- A very important point is the diet. In the postoperative period, you can not overeat, the daily diet should not exceed 2000 kilocalories. You need to eat fractionally, in small portions, breaking the daily diet into 4 meals. Dishes containing large amounts of fat, sugar, salt, spices and preservatives are prohibited.
- It is necessary to completely abandon canned food, pickles and marinades, smoked delicacies, spicy sauces.
- Fast food containing a large number of "empty" calories and contributing to overeating is not recommended.
You can read more about rehabilitation here in more detail.
The basis of the diet should be:
- vegetables and fruits,
- whole grains
- white meat,
- marine and freshwater fish of low-fat varieties,
- vegetable oil of the first extraction,
- low-fat dairy products.
You can add to the diet:
- sea kale,
- dried fruits,
- soy dishes.
Foods are best cooked, stewed or baked. It is worth limiting the amount of tea and coffee, both natural and instant. Tea is best drunk with milk, making it weak and not adding sugar. Do not drink too much fluid, it is advisable to limit yourself to 1.5 liters per day.
How to train pelvic muscles for men after removal of the prostate?
One of the causes of prostatitis is a lack of exercise. It is necessary to lead a maximally active lifestyle, observing all the doctor's prescriptions. A completely sedentary lifestyle is contraindicated, stagnation of blood in the pelvic area and aggravation of side effects are possible. Urologists recommend regular feasible loads of at least 2 hours daily.
- moderate pace
- a ride on the bicycle,
- swimming (preferably in a pool or clean pond to avoid infections),
- tai chi and other types of oriental gymnastics that work well on joints and the cardiovascular system.
During the recovery period after removal of the prostate, home exercises are very useful, removing congestion in the pelvis, improving blood circulation and accelerating metabolism. Make a mini-complex from them, which can be done in the morning, immediately after waking up, or in the evening, before bedtime. It is advisable to include in the complex exercises for different muscle groups that can both strengthen and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor.
The main task of gymnastics is to gain complete control over the muscles, this will help regulate urination, avoid incontinence or stagnation of urine. At the same time, the problem of constipation and discomfort in the lower back will be solved.
Start with movements that help control the muscles of the pelvis:
- Lying on your back, cross your legs.
- Inhale deeply and exhale through your mouth, drawing in your stomach and tightening the sphincter muscles.
- At the same time, squeeze your legs with all your strength. It is important to feel intense tension in the pelvic area and in the lower abdomen.
- Lock your body for a few minutes and relax.
- Repeat the movement 10 times.
Pelvic floor muscles will strengthen the exercise with lifting and raising legs:
- Lie on your back.
- Bend your knees, feet on the floor parallel to each other.
- As you exhale, retract the abdominal wall and sphincter, raise the pelvis so that the shoulder blades remain on the floor.
- Hold the body for 10-15 seconds, lower the body and relax.
- Repeat the movement 10 times.
Lying on your back, stretch straight legs, laying them on the floor, arms along the body. Retract the abdominal wall as you exhale, raise your legs and make quick intersecting movements. Do not lift your feet high. Repeat exercise 8-10 times.
Simulate cycling by making circular movements first clockwise and then counterclockwise. Exercise polishes the muscles of the pelvic floor, trains the bladder, improves blood circulation in the abdominal region and lower extremities. Do up to 100 movements in 1 direction. Complete the complex with a mini stretch.
Be sure to master Kegel exercises. They not only help improve blood circulation, but also relieve the unpleasant consequences of surgery - in particular, urinary incontinence. Daily training perfectly strengthens the muscles of the pelvic floor and the walls of the bladder.
Exercises can be done during morning or evening gymnastics, as well as in any free minute:
- at work,
- while resting
- behind the wheel.
Kegel exercises for men after removal of the prostate:
- Tighten your muscles as if holding urine with all your strength.
- At the same time, the muscles around the anus and the abdominal wall tighten.
- Hold your breath for a few minutes and then relax.
- Repeat exercise 8-10 times and take a break.
A lasting effect will be noticeable after a week of regular training.
The postoperative period is a very important time on which the quality of life in subsequent years depends. Do not neglect exercises and diet, do not forget about annual medical examinations. The right way of life will help to avoid unpleasant complications, comprehensive measures will not only improve the general state of health, but also help to maintain sexual functions and mental balance.
Description of the Kegel technique
Kegel gymnastics is called a training complex, the regular execution of which provides an increase in muscle tone of the perineum and strengthening of the pelvic muscles. The technique was developed in the last century by the famous doctor Arnold Kegel.
It is worth knowing: the main advantages of the Kegel method include efficiency and effectiveness, the absence of adverse reactions and financial costs.
Kegel gymnastics for men after removal of the prostate is the best way to help restore erectile function, increase potency and sexual desire at home. The training complex can be performed anywhere: at home, at work, at the wheel.
The therapy system consists in training the muscles of the perineum. In everyday life they are always without movement, in other words, they do not train at all. As a result, over time, their weakening, decrease in elasticity and elasticity are observed. As a result, a man is diagnosed with various diseases and pathological conditions that affect the quality of intimate life.
Kegel exercises for men after prostatectomy can achieve the following results:
- Urine Incontinence
- Enhancement of erectile function,
- Increased potency, sexual desire,
- Normalization of general health.
Practice shows that if you systematically engage, you can eliminate many pathologies of the reproductive and genitourinary system. This method is recommended not only after removal of the glandular organ, but also with prostatitis. In the latter case, the technique effectively fights the inflammatory process by improving blood circulation and leveling the phenomena of stagnation.
Kegel Exercises for Prostatitis
Before proceeding to the gymnastic complex, a man must learn to feel the LK muscle in order to know that he is training. It is quite simple to do this: during urination, you need to interrupt the stream of urine, and remember the sensations of tension in the groin area - this is the right muscle.
Important: you do not need to wait for a quick result, the first improvements are observed after 40-50 days of regular training, and a lasting effect can be achieved only by persistent and lengthy exercises.
To achieve the desired result, it is better to perform gymnastics in a complex, since the effect with warmed muscles is much higher. A set of exercises for prostatitis:
- A man is standing, his legs are shoulder width apart. It is necessary to simultaneously reduce the LK muscle and the muscles of the anus. Keep in suspense for as long as possible. Then comes the relaxation phase - five seconds is enough. One approach involves up to ten repetitions. Two approaches and more are performed per day. In order for the training to give the desired effect, it is only necessary to reduce the necessary muscles - you cannot strain the buttocks, legs, abs, etc.
- The starting position is similar to the previous lesson. Men compresses muscles, while holding their breath for several seconds. After you need to take a deep breath and tighten the pubic-coccygeal muscle again, in other words, squeeze even more. The exercise is repeated until the muscle cannot be compressed. This activity improves blood circulation, which eliminates congestion, and the gland begins to work better.
- A man lays on his back, squeezes his legs in his knees, you can not tear off the floor. Then you need to choose the optimal occupation for yourself - use the first or second options described above.
Note: all training should not provoke pain. It is not necessary to do the maximum number of repetitions at the initial stages - this will not bring any benefit.
The number of training approaches is increasing gradually. It is advisable to add one repetition every day until the man reaches twenty. You can improve your health only through systematic training. If you train for a week, and then forget about the exercises for a few days, then you can forget about the positive result.
Exercise after removing the prostate
The Arnold Kegel complex after removal of the prostate helps to get rid of the complications of surgical intervention. In particular, it fights against such unpleasant phenomena as urinary incontinence, weakening erection, problems with potency, etc.
Kegel gymnastics after removal of the prostate in the first classes will be extremely difficult, but it is not recommended to retreat. Over time, the muscles will become accustomed to training, and the man will perform the complex without tension.
First, you should do the exercises once a day, choosing a convenient time for yourself - morning or evening. After a few weeks, you can practice several times a day. The ideal duration of one muscle tension is 10 seconds.
Training after removal of the glandular organ:
- Exercise that helps control the condition of the pubic-coccygeal muscle. To do this, you need to take a comfortable position: you can stand and spread your legs shoulder width apart or lie on your back. The patient contracts the muscle and tries to maintain tension for five seconds, after which there is relaxation. This lesson is repeated 10 times. At the initial stage, five approaches of five seconds are enough,
- A lesson called "Endurance Control." This training involves the greatest possible muscle contraction. It is necessary to squeeze the muscle, stay in this position for five seconds, then, without relaxing, squeeze even more - and so on until it can no longer be squeezed. Then you need to relax. Repeat everything five to ten times,
- Training "Rhythmic contraction." The man becomes even, with his legs slightly apart, then you need to contract the LK muscle for a second, then relax and contract again. The bottom line is that you need to cut back rhythmically. In time - the pressure of the pubic-coccygeal muscle lasts one second, the relaxation thereof - 1 second. This method of effectiveness enhances blood circulation in the pelvic organs, helps to improve the functionality of the bladder.
Not all men manage to train. Many complain that when the muscles contract, the buttocks and the press are simultaneously compressed. If this happens, then at first you can do it every time you go to the toilet. This allows you to better feel the desired LK muscle.
Important: the correct and regular implementation of training allows you to see the first result after a few months. Exercise helps to improve and prolong an erection, increase the duration of sexual contact, eliminate the phenomena of stagnation in the pelvis, which together positively affects the quality of intimate life.
Of course, immediately after surgery, it is not recommended to start training, because painful sensations and other negative manifestations after these are not excluded. Ideally, it is best to consult your healthcare provider. Classes are allowed for 3-4 weeks after surgery. The main thing to remember is that you need to start small, gradually increasing the load and the number of approaches.
Who doesn’t use the Kegel method?
Despite the fact that physical exercises have undoubted benefits, they are not recommended for exacerbation of chronic prostatitis, as well as for patients who have a history of chronic pelvic pain syndrome. In these cases, training leads to side effects:
- Classes create a certain tension in the pelvis, which contributes to the deterioration of exacerbation of prostatitis, as a result, the pain syndrome is significantly enhanced, and the recovery process is delayed.
- With chronic pelvic pain syndrome, irritation of the nerve endings is observed, which increases pain.
It is not recommended to engage on a full stomach. Optimally, if a man eats a few hours before class. At first you can train in the morning - gymnastics will give energy and strength, help wake up.
Other contraindications include the following diseases:
- Purulent and inflammatory processes in the field of pelvic organs,
- Thrombotic complications
- Deterioration of general well-being (for example, a catarrhal disease with a high fever or fever),
- Tumor neoplasms.
If a man doubts the feasibility of the complex, you need to visit a medical specialist. All individually, possibly in a particular case, classes can do much harm.
For information, all workouts are performed after emptying the bladder. This is due to two aspects. Firstly, it is quite difficult to strain the LK muscle if you want to urinate, especially to a man after surgery. Secondly, prolonged ignoring of the urge to the toilet in conjunction with the gymnastic complex leads to the expansion of the ureter.
The restoration of the body after removal of the prostate gland is a combination of methods, so you need to remember about proper nutrition, long walks, a prophylactic visit to the doctor, and giving up bad habits (drinking, smoking).
Kegel exercises after prostate surgery are an effective and effective method that helps to restore the sexual component. Regular workouts increase erection, increase potency and sex drive, fight urinary incontinence and congestion, and have a beneficial effect on the whole body.
Prostate adenoma in men: what is it?
In some men, as a result of leading an incorrect lifestyle or genetic predispositions, a benign formation in the prostate gland may appear. It does not give metastases, which is why it differs from a cancer tumor. When reaching a certain size, the urethra passing through the prostate begins to squeeze, which makes it difficult to urinate.
50% of men after 40 years of age have this problem. It can also develop in young people with a genetic predisposition. This makes her the most common disease of the reproductive system in the male population.
Doctors have not yet fully figured out the reasons for the appearance of benign formations. The most popular theory is based on an imbalance of hormones that begins as you age. Experts believe that men can have menopause, which is characterized by a violation of the production of testosterone and estrogen. This leads to malfunctioning of the gonad, causing involuntary cell growth.
Depending on the growth rate and its direction, 3 stages of development are distinguished:
- Compensated or early. During this period, the patient has a slight compression of the urinary duct. The stream is weak, but continuous, there are no pain and spontaneous urination. The initial stage, which some men often do not notice, lasts from 1 to 3 years.
- Subcompensated. Increased pressure on the urethra leads to a noticeable weakening of the stream. This does not allow the bladder to empty completely, as a result of which, fluid remains in it. With a large accumulation of urine, the first cases of incontinence are observed. A toilet may be accompanied by the release of blood or turbid fluid from the urethra.
- Decompensated. Constant pressure on the walls of the bladder leads to their extension and thickening. Going to the toilet is extremely problematic, as urine can come out only in drops and contains blood and turbidity. The lack of medical intervention leads to the development of renal failure and the appearance of noticeable symptoms.
When reaching the formation of critical sizes, it is necessary to perform a resection or prostatectomy. This is due to the fact that problems with the withdrawal of fluid begin to worsen the work of internal organs and cause acute pain.
The operation leads to the complete elimination of symptoms. Since benign formations are removed and the effect on healthy tissues is minimal, the patient, after rehabilitation, completely restores the lost functions.
Lack of treatment
If you do not take actions aimed at the diagnosis and treatment of prostatitis, the patient develops:
- urolithiasis disease,
- prostate cancer.
Over time, in benign formations, structural changes can begin that turn them into malignant.
Advantages of the technique
Kegel exercises for men after removal of the prostate are the best way to speed up the rehabilitation process. With regular follow-up of recommendations, patients observe:
- the disappearance of symptoms of urinary incontinence,
- improved erection and increased libido,
- normalization of hormonal levels and restoration of potency,
- decrease in pressure on the abdominal and genital organs,
- improving the performance of the muscles of the musculoskeletal system.
Exercises are not just for recovery from illness or surgery. Any man can do gymnastics in any convenient place to prevent the reproductive system and improve the quality of sexual life.
Before you begin to engage, a man needs to understand the essence of exercises and the main features of the implementation. Without this, the efforts spent will bring little result or may be wasted in vain.
The first thing to do is to detect the pubic-coccygeal muscle. It connects the lower part of the coccyx to the pubic bone, covering the rectum, prostate and urethra. Like a hammock, it supports the entire body, and is a reliable support for it. To feel it, you need to try to stop the stream of urine. After that, you need to put your finger in the area immediately after the scrotum. If the muscle becomes harder during tension, then everything is correct.
Exercise should be performed regularly, because due to lack of load, progress will be slow. You need to learn how to strain the LC muscle, not including the abs and buttocks. The effort must be directed and strong enough for development.
Kegel exercises after prostate surgery are aimed at improving the tone of the inguinal muscles, which contributes to the treatment of incontinence and restoration of sexual functions. Weakened pelvic floor muscles need to be trained once a day in the first month.
Tighten the LC muscle for 3 seconds on inspiration. At the moment of maximum tension, you need to hold down the effort and breathing for 5 seconds, concentrating mentally on the groin area. As you exhale slowly relax. Exercise must be performed 20 repetitions daily. After the trainee begins to better feel the area of tension, at least a month later, you can increase the number of repetitions to 50. You can perform the exercise while sitting, standing or lying on your back.
Changing the rhythm of exercise
After a certain period of time, when the muscles gain sufficient elasticity and strength, you can change the style of performing classical tension. To do this, alternate short efforts with long ones. It is advisable to do 30-50 short exercises, and 10-20 long ones. Do not delay muscle tension for more than 30 seconds.
Kegel exercises are a great way to enhance sexual health. It can not only improve sex life, but also shorten the recovery period after prostate adenoma or cancer treatment. Regular training will not only restore lost muscle function, but also prevent subsequent problems.
How does gymnastics work after surgery
After surgery to remove the prostate gland, side effects may occur:
- urinary incontinence,
- weakening of erection and potency,
- frequent urination,
- discomfort after emptying the bladder.
Kegel gymnastics for men after removal of the prostate will help cope with these phenomena, as well as improve the elasticity of blood vessels and avoid stagnation of blood.
This complex is aimed at strengthening the pubic-coccygeal muscle (LC muscle), which is responsible for the state of the genitourinary system. It helps to control the process of urination and bowel movements.
Urinary retention exercises in men help:
- control the process of urination (avoid stagnation of urine, fight incontinence),
- restore potency.
In which cases you can not do gymnastics
Despite the fact that gymnastics does not require significant physical effort and helps to improve the state of health, not everyone can do it.
Kegel exercises after removal of prostate cancer or a benign tumor can only be performed after making sure that there are no contraindications for exercise:
- recovery period
- the presence of blood impurities in the urine,
- the presence of infectious diseases,
- acute inflammatory processes in the organs of the genitourinary system,
- any diseases accompanied by fever.
After surgery, Kegel exercises can be done at the end of the recovery period. Its duration depends on the method of performing the surgical intervention and can be from 2 to 6 weeks. You can always find out this information by contacting the clinic in which the procedure was carried out.
How to do Kegel workouts
Before embarking on Kegel exercises after TUR of prostate adenoma, you need to have a clear idea of which muscle will strain. This can be done by delaying urine during urination or by moving the penis during an erection.
Kegel exercises for men with urinary incontinence after surgery can be done at any time.
Before starting classes, you need to empty the bladder.
There are several ways to perform from which you can create a complex and do them one at a time. With weak muscles of the perineum, starting a workout can be limited to only one of them, gradually moving to more complex ones. Do not overwork, this can be harmful. At the slightest pain in the perineum, classes must be discontinued.
The Kegel complex gives a good result, but to achieve it you need at least a month of daily training. To save the result of the exercise, you need to carry out at least every other day, because the muscle quickly loses endurance.
Reduce the muscles of the perineum at a fast pace. After a series of contractions, take a break for 10 seconds, then repeat the exercise.
Imagine the lift on the elevator, tighten your muscles with each "rise to the floor." Try to rise as high as possible. Having reached the maximum possible voltage, start the "descent" in the same way.
What other exercises are useful
In order to tone the muscles of the pelvic floor after surgery, classes that do not require significant physical effort are suitable. These include:
- Gymnastics Dr. Bubnovsky.
- Gymnastics Strelnikova.
You can do it yourself by performing exercises that help improve blood circulation in the perineum and strengthen the necessary muscles:
- Buttocks walking.
Why does urinary incontinence appear after removal of the prostate?
After removal of many internal organs, the body is disturbed, and after removal of the prostate in 95% of men, urinary incontinence appears. The thing is that when the prostate is removed, damage to nerve fibers almost always occurs, which are responsible for the regulation of urination by the person himself. Normally, in a healthy person, urine is excreted by the bladder and enters the special muscle ducts. When urine passes through these ducts, special nerve fibers are irritated, which cause a special muscle to contract, which blocks the excretion of urine (this block can be controlled by a person at a conscious level to certain limits).
In the case of removal of the prostate, very often these nerve cells are removed, which transmit information about the passage of urine through the muscle duct and into the brain. As a result, special muscles stop blocking the passage of urine, which in most cases leads to spontaneous emptying of the bladder. This creates a lot of inconvenience to man, which significantly complicates his life. Urination in this case usually occurs during laughter, while sneezing, and also during sleep.
Unfortunately, today there is no way to restore the sensitivity of nerve tissues. There are also no reliable treatments that can control urinary incontinence. However, there are a certain number of physiotherapeutic and physical therapy therapies that allow you to train the muscles of the bladder, which will allow a person to significantly reduce the likelihood of spontaneous urination.
Therapeutic exercises are very easy to perform at home. Before using this or that exercise, it is recommended to consult with your doctor, and if necessary, the doctor himself must draw up a treatment program. The therapeutic effect of exercise is based on the fact that in the case of frequent exercise, the muscles of the bladder are strengthened. Because of this, it becomes easier for a person with reduced nervous sensitivity to block muscle ducts, which avoids spontaneous urination. In the case of prolonged implementation of therapeutic exercises, blood vessels are also strengthened and the symptoms of inflammation are weakened, which allows to restore the erectile function of the penis after removal of the prostate.
Rules for doing exercises:
- Exercises against urinary incontinence can be performed both under the supervision of a doctor in the hospital and at home, however, in the latter case, before performing the exercises, you should consult your doctor about your treatment plan.
- Exercise is best done in the morning after waking up and before bedtime. In no case do not eat before exercise (however, it is allowed to drink a little plain clean water). Also, before exercise, be sure to visit the toilet.
- In no case do heavy physical exertion. Gradually increase the load: first, perform simple exercises, and then more complex ones. During the exercise, always take the pose that is convenient for you. If it’s hard for you, the number and intensity of exercises can be reduced by 2-3 times, but over time, the number of exercises needs to be increased.
- After doing the exercises, you may feel strange sensations in the pelvic area - you don’t need to be afraid of this condition, since a change in sensations indicates restoration of blood circulation and training of the pelvic muscles. However, it should be understood that this strange feeling in most cases will pass over time (somewhere after 5-6 classes).
To do this, you need to perform several special movements that will help find these muscles. It is recommended that you perform these movements under the supervision of a doctor so that you can accurately establish these muscles, but if necessary, you can perform the diagnosis yourself:
- When urinating, try to stop the flow of urine with your pelvic muscles. To do this, try alternately straining and relaxing all the muscles of the abdomen to determine which muscles regulate urination,
- If it seemed to you that you found these muscles, check your sensations. To do this, squeeze these muscles for 1-2 minutes and make sure that you empty the bladder, and then relax the muscles. If you did everything right, then after relaxation, the flow of urine should stop,
- Now try the exercise to check while squatting. The fact is that in this position, out of habit, muscle control may be impaired, so this exercise will be useful for you.
Basic exercises against urinary incontinence
In total, doctors have developed about 100 physical exercises against urinary incontinence, but medical studies have shown that only 6 of them are effective. Let's now learn how to perform these 6 required exercises against urinary incontinence.
- Exercise 1. Squeeze the muscles that hold the urine, and then alternately relax and strain them. Repeat the relaxation-stress cycle from 10 to 30 times depending on the level of your physical activity (at the early stage of treatment you need to do this exercise 10 times, and over time, the number of exercises should be increased up to 30 times).
- Exercise 2. Tighten the holding muscles for 10-20 seconds, and then take a short break. Do 2-3 sets of 10-20 exercises.
- Exercise 3. Tighten the muscles so that they begin to go into the perineum. Do this exercise 10-20 times. Please note that this exercise is one of the most important, because it is with its help that you will learn how to quickly interrupt urination in an emergency.
- Exercise 4. Tighten all lower abdominal muscles for 15-20 seconds, and then take a short break. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times. Please note that for many people after removal of the prostate it is very difficult to do this exercise. If you have this particular case, then you should refrain from performing this exercise.
- Exercise 5. Lie on the floor on your back, and then spread your legs to the side to the width of the hips. Then inhale through the nose, and as you exhale, lift the muscles of the lower pelvis into the body. At the same time, you should tear one foot off the floor, and the other foot you need to press hard on the floor. Repeat this exercise with short breaks you need 5-10 times.
- Exercise 6. Lie on the floor on your back, and then stretch your arms and legs to the ceiling (they should be slightly bent). Spend 1-2 minutes in this position. Then kneel down, tilt the body forward, and then carefully rest your elbows and shoulders on the floor. In this position, also spend 1-2 minutes. Repeat the exercise about 5 times.
All of the above exercises should be performed 2 times a day with time intervals of at least 8 hours (the best option is in the morning after waking up and in the evening before bedtime).
You need to perform them every day for 1 month. After that, you can stop the exercise for 1-2 weeks. If you find that you were able to learn how to control the excretion of urine, then in this case physiotherapy exercises can not be performed. If therapeutic exercises have a weak effect, then you can continue to perform therapeutic exercises.
Why does urinary incontinence occur after prostate surgery?
Any surgical intervention is a huge stress for the body. When a doctor cuts pathogenic tissues, he can easily damage nerve endings. Because of this, the patient is faced with serious problems in emptying in the future. Especially often, urinary incontinence occurs as a consequence of a cut in the wall of the bladder. In this case, the muscle structure is affected, which takes an extremely long time to recover.
After surgery on the bladder, a man loses the sensitivity of a hollow organ. Because of this, serious problems can arise due to the lack of urination. Any inaccurate or intense movement can lead to the release of both a small and a fairly plentiful amount of urine.
Urine release may also occur during sneezing, coughing, sex, or bowel movements. Often, this problem haunts those involved in sports.
How to carry out exercises?
- Before exercise, be sure to go to the toilet,
- Start with simple exercises, gradually move on to more complex ones,
- In any position, take the most convenient dose,
- If you want to achieve an excellent result, do the exercises regularly,
- You need to start charging with 10 approaches, gradually increase their frequency to 30.
- During urine diversion, try to stop then with your muscles of the pelvis, then determine which departments are straining at the same time,
- Repeat muscle squeezing a few more times, and then relax already dry.
- Try to repeat this complex squatting. (usually doing this is much easier than standing up).
- Squeeze the muscles that are responsible for the retention of urine - alternately relax them. Usually enough 10 times per set, after which you can increase the number of repetitions to 30 pieces.
- Hold the muscles in tension for 5-10 seconds, then take a break. On average, they perform 3 approaches of 10-15 exercises.
- Try to strain the muscles more and more, so that they seem to go into the perineum. This should be done as often as possible and more intensively, because the rate of recovery of urine retention depends on this exercise.
- After that, proceed to work out the muscles of the pelvic floor. Tighten your entire lower abdomen and hold yourself in that position for 10 seconds. Repeat this approach 2-3 times for 10 exercises. If you feel a sharp pain or some kind of discomfort, refuse to perform these exercises.
If you don’t understand how to do urinary incontinence exercises after surgery on the prostate, try watching online videos. There they will show you and tell you how to perform them correctly.
- Exercise while urinating, so it’s easier to determine which muscles are involved,
- Try to increase the degree of exposure gradually so as not to injure the bladder,
- Do not over-strain the walls of the bladder, as you risk tearing them and encountering severe pain,
- Do not worry, if after performing the complex you feel strange sensations - so the blood actively resorts to the bladder.
Despite the fact that Kegel exercises for urine retention after surgery on the prostate are quite simple, they have extremely high efficiency. With their help, you can quickly get rid of the problem in just a few weeks. Their effectiveness is confirmed not only by doctors, but also by numerous reviews on the Internet. This technique has been used for more than half a century.
Are Kegel Exercises Safe?
- Recently undergone abdominal surgery - stitches may go apart,
- The presence of malignant and benign tumors in the prostate gland - acceleration of tissue proliferation may occur,
- The presence of an infectious process in the body - a strong increase in body temperature can occur, due to which complications arise,
- Inflammation of the pelvic organs - will cause severe soreness,
- Hemorrhoids - cause not only soreness, but also bleeding,
- Recently suffered injuries and surgical interventions - will lead to an increase in body temperature, malaise,
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system and prolapse of the pelvic organs.
The benefits of Kegel exercises
Kegel exercises to hold urine is a unique system that allows you to train the muscles of the bladder. It is designed specifically for men who have undergone prostate surgery. Keep in mind that in order to achieve the most positive result, they must be performed regularly, and not from time to time. Also, do not strain yourself from the first lessons with intense loads, so as not to provoke the development of complications.
The essence of Kegel exercises is that a special complex increases the muscle activity of the peritoneum, which is responsible for many physiological processes in the body. Thanks to its strengthening, a man manages to overcome serious problems with urinary or fecal incontinence. This has a positive effect on the reproductive system, eliminates erectile dysfunction.
Many doctors recommend such complexes to their patients, since with their help it is possible to achieve a high therapeutic result.
- Bringing body weight back to normal - due to overweight, a man can face serious problems in urinating. To stop incontinence, you must do everything possible to bring your weight back to normal.
- Quitting smoking - this will help restore the normal elasticity of the vessels, so that the nerve endings will work better.
- Limitation of fluid intake - due to excessive fluid intake, the walls of the bladder in a man can stretch, which causes serious problems with urinary incontinence.
- Refusal from alcohol and coffee - this will help restore the level of pressure in the body, which has a positive effect on overall well-being. It also restores the circulatory system.
Why do you need exercises to hold urine after removal of the prostate and how to perform them Link to main publication Adblockdetector
Recovery after removal of prostate adenoma using gymnastics: useful exercises and the intricacies of their implementation
Moderate physical activity and body weight control are important not only to maintain the health of the prostate gland, but also to minimize the likelihood of prostate cancer and adenoma.
Compliance with a healthy lifestyle and a complete rejection of bad habits do their job.
Regular exercise, as well as performing appropriate gymnastics with prostate adenoma, enables the representative of the stronger sex not only to prepare for the upcoming operation, but also to recover quickly after surgery.
At the moment, scientists have proven a close relationship between prostate adenoma and gymnastics. A sedentary lifestyle negatively affects the condition of the pelvic organs, thereby provoking the appearance of various unpleasant diseases.
Those men who regularly engage in sports have about a quarter lower risk of adenomas. It often happens that the representative of the stronger sex removes the adenoma, after which it is necessary to restore your body for a long time. In this article, you can get acquainted with what gymnastics is after removing the adenoma.
Kegel exercises for men after removal of the prostate - prostatectomy, gymnastics
To remove prostate adenoma, a surgical procedure called an adenomectomy is performed to excise the entire prostate, for example, in cancer, a prostatectomy is required.
Operations are always associated with the likelihood of developing negative consequences, in particular, impaired urination, weakening of erectile function and potency. To reduce the risk of adverse events, it is recommended to do Kegel exercises for men after removal of the prostate.
Let's consider what kind of gymnastics is this, and how to train properly?
How are physical exercises useful for the prostate gland?
Men who lead the most active and correct lifestyle, without bad habits, are less likely to suffer from various diseases associated with the performance of the prostate gland.
Regular exercise for the prostate minimizes the likelihood of impotence in humans.
It is important to note that special exercises for the prostate in addition to a strong therapeutic effect have a powerful preventive effect, so they need to be performed not only for those who suffer from prostatitis.. They will be useful to representatives of the stronger sex, who are at risk.
It must be remembered that it is necessary to deal with the inflammatory process that occurs in the prostate gland as early as possible, in the initial stages. This avoids the appearance of serious complications such as prostate adenoma and a decrease in potency.
Comprehensive exercises in the presence of prostatitis help improve muscle contraction in the pelvic floor. In addition, they prevent pressure drops in the intra-abdominal cavity.
It is thanks to this that the so-called natural process of prostate massage occurs. In addition, blood circulation in this area improves.
The main task of such manipulations is to improve the flexibility of the spine and strengthen the muscles of the hip joint. The greatest benefit for prostatitis will be squats.
You can include running, brisk walking, jumping rope in your daily activities. It will also be useful exercises to strengthen the muscles of the abdomen.
Therapeutic exercises after surgery to remove prostate adenoma
The following are specific exercises that help strengthen your pelvic muscles:
- the first thing you need to push the foot to the floor. Do not take your heel off the floor. One hand should be put on the pubis and raise the buttocks from the floor. Now you need to recognize the work of the pelvic muscles (by palpation) and buttocks (through the raised pelvis),
- you should lie on your back and stretch your arms and legs up. Moreover, the latter should be slightly bent and completely relaxed. You must be in this position for a certain time. After that, you need to kneel. The body leans forward. The elbows and forearms should be supported on a horizontal surface. The forehead should be put on folded arms and keep your back straight. Hold on for several minutes. You should breathe calmly. The exercise can be repeated if necessary,
- The next exercise is to take the starting position. You need to sit in the pose of a rider on a rolled towel. Next, you need to take a deep breath and round your back. On exhalation, it is necessary to fully straighten due to the formation of a slight deflection of the ridge. The sphincter needs to be strained.
Yoga for men
Yoga in the presence of problems with the health of the prostate gland helps to improve the condition of the urogenital system of the representative of the stronger sex.
Use hatha yoga, inverted asanas, ashvini mudra and others.
If you do not have any experience in yoga, then you need to contact a trainer.
What can not be done in the postoperative period?
It is important to pay attention that a return to the usual way of life should occur after direct consultation with a treating specialist.
While at home, the patient must definitely avoid sudden movements. He is also forbidden to perform various physical activities during the rehabilitation period.
At this time, it is important to eat right, drink plenty of water and try to avoid stress during bowel movements.
Kegel exercises for men with urinary incontinence after surgery on the prostate
Head of the Institute: “You will be amazed how easy it is to cure prostatitis by taking every day ...
In particular, an operation to remove prostate adenoma involves the installation of a special catheter through which urine is removed from the body. It drains the body for several days. In some cases, the catheter becomes the cause of pain and discomfort that occurs after surgery. The bladder at this moment begins to cramp. This process is difficult to treat, but with time passes independently.
As one of the main measures against the entry of infections into the body, antibiotics are prescribed. At the same time, part of the doctor chooses the so-called waiting tactics. That is, drugs are not prescribed until the first symptoms of an infectious pathology appear.
On the first day after surgery, the patient should observe bed rest. He is allowed to rise only on the second day. Also at this time, certain exercises are performed, the action of which is aimed at preventing the formation of blood clots in the veins and prostate gland.
The patient needs to drink plenty of fluids daily (up to two liters). It is necessary to restore the function of the bladder and return to its previous shape. Also, heavy drinking creates additional protection against scarring on this organ and narrowing of the urethra.
When defecating, do not strain the abdominal muscles much.To facilitate the restoration of the intestines, you need to follow a certain diet, which involves abundant consumption of vegetables, fruits and other foods rich in fiber. This element improves the bowel movement.
Perhaps the appointment of a laxative in case of constipation.
Restoring the body after surgery involves frequent rest. As with heavy weights, the patient should not overload himself. At the same time, there are no contraindications to long walks in the fresh air, provided that the patient feels well.
High efficiency in terms of recovery show Kegel exercises. They are performed daily for 5-10 approaches 3-5 times. The first exercise is performed as follows: buttock and abdominal muscles are tightened, held for 3-5 seconds, and then relax.
The next exercise is periodic stress, similar to what appears during bowel movements.
Surgery on the prostate gland almost never goes without consequences for the patient. Among the common negative manifestations are problems associated with the process of urination. It has already been noted above that in the first days and even weeks, men have urinary incontinence.
Such a symptom can manifest itself after six months during sneezing and other actions in which the lower abdomen tenses. The appearance of pain at the time of urination is also noted. Gradually, these consequences go away, and the patient returns to a normal rhythm of life.
We should also pay attention to such a process as ejaculation. A secret is produced in the prostate, which is an essential element of seminal fluid. Accordingly, any intervention in this body leaves a certain imprint on the specified process.
For example, treatment of adenoma involves the removal of muscle, which prevents the penetration of sperm into the urethra. Due to its absence, seminal fluid finds a wider channel and is excreted from the body along with urine. This process is called retrograde ejaculation.
Removal of the prostate itself necessarily leads to the fact that the man becomes infertile. However, this fact does not completely put an end to his sex life. The body can independently restore an erection.
If this does not happen, then various medications, devices and injections into the genital organ go to the rescue.
When to contact a specialist
You should consult a doctor if you experience problems associated with urination:
- the process is accompanied by burning
- chills and fever
- pronounced urinary incontinence appeared
- urinary retention
- urine does not exit the catheter,
- urine suddenly changed color and smell,
- severe pain occurs at the site of penetration of the catheter,
- at a later date, blood clots began to appear in the urine.
All of the above is a mandatory basis for an urgent appeal to a specialist. Such an approach will prevent timely the development of negative processes and successfully complete the process of postoperative recovery.
Kegel gymnastics for men for pelvic floor muscles
Kegel gymnastics for men is aimed at strengthening and enhancing the flexibility of the pelvic floor muscles. This is a whole group of muscles that helps to keep your internal organs in place, preventing them from moving into the perineum. They also perform a number of important functions from a medical and sexual point of view.
- Kegel gymnastics for men can be recommended for the prevention of hemorrhoids after prostate surgery or as a way to improve bladder control.
- Essentially, the exercises developed by Kegel help control the flow of urine and the movement of the penis. They not only strengthen muscles, but also increase blood flow to the groin area. But a full erection is very much dependent on blood flow.
In addition, Kegel gymnastics has no negative side effects. It in no way interacts with medications or other means that you use.
You can benefit from completing a set of Kegel exercises if:
- Suffer from urinary or fecal incontinence.
- You notice that urine drops continue to “ooze” from the penis after urinating - usually after you leave the toilet.
- Having difficulty with an erection.
After six months of regularly performing the Kegel set of exercises and lifestyle changes (improved nutrition and exercise), about 75 percent of men saw an improvement in their erection.
Performing Kegel exercises for five minutes, two or three times a day, you are likely to see a significant improvement in your ability to control urine flow. Another bonus: Kegel exercises can also help you have a brighter and stronger orgasm, help restore potency. They can be performed at any time, during rest and even driving a car.
Kegel Exercise System: Milestones
Kegel exercise system is easy enough to do, as soon as you understand what muscles you need to use.
WE WILL ADVISE! Weak potency, flaccid penis, lack of a long erection is not a sentence for a man’s sex life, but a signal that the body needs help and male strength weakens.
There are a large number of drugs that help a man gain a stable erection for sex, but all have their drawbacks and contraindications, especially if the man is already 30-40 years old.
Pantosagan capsules for potency not only help to get an erection HERE AND NOW, but act as a prevention and accumulation of male power, allowing the man to remain sexually active for many years!
One of the easiest ways to find the right muscles (they are called the pubic-coccygeal muscle group by the name of the main muscle):
- Place one or two fingers behind the testicles without crushing them.
- Imagine urinating and trying to stop the stream by squeezing the internal muscle. This will be the pubic-coccygeal (LC) muscle. If you look in the mirror, you will see that when the muscle is compressed, the penis and testicles move slightly.
An easy way to train your LK muscle is during urination. Here's how to do it:
- In the middle of urination, try to stop or slow down the flow of urine. Make a retracting movement instead of a pushing one. At the same time, it seems that the urethra is slightly “retracted”.
- Do not tighten the muscles of the buttocks, legs or stomach, do not hold your breath. If you can slow down or stop the flow of urine, then the training is successful.
- At first, you may not be able to stop the flow of urine. So the LK muscle is still not strong enough. Just keep training and everything will work out.
- Some men strain the LK muscle, imagining that they are trying to stop the passage of gas. It gives an unpleasant sensation.
How to complete a Kegel exercise system for men:
- Slowly tighten the LK muscle, counting to five.
- Fingers on the muscle do not need to be held, it should be felt inside the body.
- Slowly relax the muscle, counting to five.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Perform the exercise daily, three times a day.
- When you begin to exercise, it may be easier for you to do the exercise while lying down so that the muscles do not “struggle” with gravity. It is also easier for some men to tighten their muscles for only two to three seconds.
- Gradually increase your class time. After a few weeks, you should be able to strain your muscle for 10 seconds. And ideally - up to 30 seconds.
- When your pelvic floor muscles are strong, try Kegel exercises while sitting, standing, or walking.
- Reduce your pelvic floor muscles just before and during any activity that puts pressure on your stomach (sneezing, coughing, laughing, or weightlifting).
- During an erection, sharply tighten the muscle so that the penis “bounces”.
- By contracting this muscle during sex, you not only maintain an erection, but can also prevent premature ejaculation.
- Remember: do not strain the legs, buttocks or abdominal muscles when performing the Kegel exercise.
It takes time to see the result of any exercise, so be patient. A good regimen for Kegel training is three “approaches” per day (morning, afternoon and evening). After a month, you will notice that you can better control your bladder. These exercises are useful in the sexual sphere.
If you do not see any changes within 30 days, then you may not have found the right muscles for Kegel exercises. Consult a urologist. He can give you advice on how to find and successfully use the right muscles.
Kegel gymnastics for men after removal of the prostate: description of the technique, advantages over analogues
Untreated prostatic hyperplasia, sooner or later can cause the transformation of a benign tumor into a malignant one. That is why often surgery is prescribed for the treatment of prostate adenomas.
Surgical intervention is almost always associated with the risk of complications, in particular, urination disorders, weakening erection and potency.
In order to reduce the number of side effects and speedy recovery of health and normalization of well-being, doctors recommend that in parallel with the correction of the diet, compliance with all the requirements and the maintenance of an exceptionally healthy lifestyle, men should perform Kegel gymnastics after removing the prostate.
Frequency of use of the gymnastic complex
In order to achieve maximum effect, it is not enough to do a couple of exercises per week. To do this, you must perform a set of exercises and preferably every day. Experts advise men who have recently undergone surgery to do exercises once a day (at the beginning).
In the future, the frequency can be increased up to two times a day. If gymnastics is carried out for prophylactic purposes or as an auxiliary method for the treatment of prostatitis, it is preferable to conduct it twice a day.
The more muscle contraction and relaxation exercises performed, the better the effect and result. The optimal duration of one exercise is 10 seconds.
Hoping that after the first training session, erection and potency will normalize, and the problem of involuntary urination will disappear, at least it's silly.
With proper and regular exercise, you can achieve results in three to six weeks.
Only hard work and maximum efforts will help to improve the general condition and well-being, improve and prolong an erection, increase male capabilities, increase the duration of sexual intercourse, eliminate stagnation, strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, fight involuntary urination and improve the quality of life, including sexual.
Are there any contraindications
Despite the fact that the technique is effective and absolutely harmless, you should consult a specialist before using it.
Its use is not recommended for representatives of the strong half of society suffering from purulent or inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs, as well as thrombotic complications or neoplasms.
It is contraindicated to conduct gymnastics immediately after the application of radical techniques. Only after a month after surgery can Kegel exercises be done. After rehabilitation, it’s not that possible, they need to be done.
Exercise after removing the prostate to hold urine
Kegel exercises for men are a special gymnastics for developing the muscles of the anus.
In order to correctly understand which muscles will have to work, a man will need to stop for 5-10 seconds during urination, and then completely relax.
Gymnastics here will be precisely in the compression of muscles with their subsequent relaxation, but not with the emission of urine.
- Slightly contract the muscle of the anus, holding it in this position for 4-6 seconds. Cut a little harder and delay again. Maximize the reduction and, having stood the time, gradually relax. Repeat ten times three times a day.
- Get up and spread your legs a little. To maximize muscle contraction: as if delaying the flow of urine with a simultaneous contraction of the anal muscles is required. To withstand as much time as possible. Perform ten times twice a day.
- Sit and spread your knees, alternately straining and relaxing the muscle. Perform this exercise the maximum number of times twice a day.
- Lying on your back, spread your legs bent at the knees. Tighten and relax the muscles (while the abdominal muscles should be in a relaxed state). Perform as many approaches as possible twice a day
Important: after each successive effort, complete muscle relaxation is necessary. The complex is permissible to interrupt only when a feeling of fatigue appears. It is also necessary to monitor uniform breathing.
Arnold Kegel is an American gynecologist who, in 1952, developed a set of exercises that later became known as “Kegel exercises”.
Their goal is to train the muscles of the perineum, specifically in the stronger sex - the pubic-coccygeal muscle, which is responsible for rhythmic contractions during ejaculation and orgasm.
It is located between the testicles and the anus, its study allows you to:
- To prevent urogenital pathologies
- Strengthen potency by improving blood circulation
- Strengthen sensations during orgasm
- To establish a hormonal background
- Improve ejaculation control
Indications for the task may be the lack of a constant partner, overweight, inactive lifestyle. To start working with Kegel exercises for men to cure prostatitis, it is necessary to detect the pubic-coccygeal muscle in the body. There are two ways to do this:
- When visiting the toilet in the middle of urination, try abruptly stopping the stream. Then resume it.
- During an erection, try to make bouncing movements with your genitals
That muscle, which is tensed in both cases, is necessary for us. To achieve a good result, training should be carried out regularly and try to give them time not once a day, but throughout the day.
Exercises are really better to perform in combination, since the effect with warmed muscles is much higher. If desired, you can alternate and change their sequence.
- To stand, legs apart shoulder width apart. Try to contract both the pubic-coccygeal muscle and the anus muscle. Keep them tense for as long as possible. Relax for 5 seconds. In one approach, you need to do this exercise 10 times. There must be at least two such approaches per day. In order for the exercise to be really effective, you need to monitor muscle tension. You can not use the muscles of the press, buttocks and hips.
- The starting position is the same. It is necessary to compress the pubic-coccygeal muscle and simultaneously hold your breath for several seconds. You can exhale lightly. After 4-5 seconds, squeeze the muscle even more and hold your breath again. Easy exhalation. Now squeeze the muscle as much as possible and do not inhale. In this state, you need to stand for 10 seconds. Now you can relax and breathe air. This is a very effective exercise for prostatitis. It works not only on the muscles of the pelvis.Due to the holding of the breath, the volume of the lungs increases, and the blood begins to enter the body at an accelerated rate. Also, holding your breath helps to improve the muscles of the abdominal cavity, and men with prostatitis usually have big problems with this.
- Starting position - lying on your back. Legs should be squeezed in the knees, not tear off the floor. Further, the exercise becomes variable. The main actions can be taken from both control 1 and control 2. That is, it is possible to pinch the pubic-coccygeal muscle simultaneously with the muscles of the anus for a time until it becomes impossible to endure. In the second case, you need to hold an exercise with holding your breath.
The first two exercises a man can perform anywhere. To do this, it is not even necessary to be at home, because it is possible to give yourself a few minutes of health without using sports equipment at the workplace. Do not be shy colleagues, they will not notice anything. The third exercise is for the home.
Kegel exercise technique for men with urinary incontinence after surgery
Kegel exercises must be done both before surgery and after surgery. If an operation on the prostate gland has been performed, such as, for example, radical prostatectomy, you can proceed with the exercises after the permission of the urologist.
To restore muscle strength, you should start with a small number of repetitions, no more than 7-10 times in one approach.
Fewer exercises, but done responsibly enough, are always better than trying to gain more by straining your muscles.
A gradual increase to 20 exercises of three sets per day will have a positive result, you only need to make an effort and be patient.
Urinary incontinence is an offensive and humiliating ailment that interferes with the comfort of life and is far from verbal. However, about 6.5% of men who are in the "prime" of their strength face it.
- The solution to the problem lies mostly in the medical plane, but a decent effect is also achieved by special Kegel gymnastics for men with urinary incontinence.
How to perform Kegel exercises after surgery to remove adenoma or prostate cancer
Surgical intervention is always accompanied by some complications and side effects. Strong voltage is forbidden at this time, so it is necessary to select loads that do not create discomfort and do not cause complications.
Kegel exercises for men after removal of the prostate help to cope with arising rapid and uncontrolled urination, as well as improve blood flow in all organs of the small pelvis.
Their use is a necessary part after the completion of the recovery period.
Contraindications to exercises
Despite the obvious benefits of exercise, there are some limitations under which such training is undesirable. These include:
- The initial postoperative period, when the surgery took place less than a month ago.
- Blood in urine of unknown etiology, large clots, copious discharge.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Any postoperative complications, for example, the development of infection, fistulas and so on.
- Acute acute diseases, accompanied by fever, abscesses and other pathological conditions.
Urine retention exercises
Moderate physical activity is considered mandatory during the rehabilitation period after prostatectomy. Begin gradually, avoiding sudden movements and heavy loads. For starters, even simple walking, crossing legs in a prone position will be useful. When the tissue healing process has almost passed (on average 1-1.5 months), you can start gymnastics, which helps to normalize the functions of the bladder, including controlling urination.
The most effective technique for training the urogenital system, including after removal of the prostate gland, are Kegel exercises. Such gymnastics is practiced in various diseases of the pelvic organs, as well as in the prevention of a number of pathologies.
The advantage of this technique is simplicity and accessibility, which allows you to conduct training not only at home, but also at work, while driving or doing any other business.
LK muscle training according to the Kegel technique, which is responsible, inter alia, for urine retention, can take place as follows:
- You need to take a comfortable position, for example, to stand with your feet shoulder width apart or you can lie down with your knees and feet on the floor. The muscle of the LC should be tightened, by analogy, when you need to hold urine. In this state, you need to hold for a few seconds, and then relax. You need to start with 2-3 approaches, remaining in a tense state, at least 3 seconds. Gradually, the number of approaches can reach up to 20 per day, retention of 5-7 seconds.
- The exercise is aimed at developing muscles, as it involves their maximum tension until then, until you get the feeling that more to compress them just does not work. The muscles of the perineum, pubic-coccygeal should be involved. The number of approaches can be different, but you need to start with 3-5. Each time you should try to tighten the muscles stronger than the previous one.
- Rhythmic contraction. It is necessary to sharply strain and immediately relax the LC muscles, you can use the muscles of the anus, the press. It is necessary to focus on the frequency of one movement per second.
- Workout while urinating. During the process itself, urination should be interrupted periodically, and then renewed again. This must be done in the middle of the procedure, it is not easy to try to interrupt, but to weaken the stream.
The above exercises can be performed at home, but you can also practice such exercises in any free time. It is important that they are regular, only then you can count on a certain result.
Kegel exercises may not work out, especially at the very beginning, when after the operation the muscles partially atrophied, serious changes occurred in the body and the genitourinary system adapts to other functioning conditions. Even after a few weeks, there is a chance that the problem of urinary incontinence will remain relevant. Full recovery takes time and for some patients this period is more than one month. It is important not to stop training, gradually increase the load.
Removal of the prostate gland is considered to be a rather complicated surgical intervention, the initial rehabilitation after this operation should be strictly supervised by a doctor. Even after discharge, the patient should periodically visit a specialist to monitor the dynamics of recovery.