Prostatitis and Prostate Adenoma
Prostate adenoma and prostatitis are different syndromes, they have different causes. But there is one common symptom, the main one in both diseases: difficulty urinating. Therefore, in both cases, initially people go to urologist. Often he is engaged in treatment in both cases.
This is due to the fact that the specialist for the treatment of adenoma - andrologist - not every clinic has it. If he is, and the urologist reveals an adenoma, he will refer the patient to an andrologist.
Prostatitis - inflammation of the organ, that is, a pathology that has arisen under the influence of microorganisms, other damaging factors.
Adenoma - the formation in the prostate of small nodules that press on the urinary canal - menopause in men, a natural consequence of aging, waiting in the end for almost every man.
To courses physiotherapy it is easy to enroll in a district clinic as an outpatient.
If the treatment of prostatitis is the use of drugs and therapeutic exercises, you definitely do not need to be in the hospital for this.
Mandatory hospitalization of patients prostatitis carried out with the aim of:
- a course of intravenous antibiotics,
- surgery (for example, with an abscess).
The need for such methods of treatment occurs with an exacerbation or extreme neglect of the disease, the danger of getting complications.
In order not to cause exacerbations of prostatitis with home treatment, you must:
- Eat the right diet.
- Forget during the treatment of prostatitis about alcohol, smoking, gambling, and other activities related to stress.
- Have regular sex with one partner.
- Do not expose the prostate to risk of injury.
- Do not catch a cold.
- Move as much as possible.
Treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma
It’s very important to establish exactly which one you have. prostate disease. Since sometimes the treatment of adenoma with methods invented for the treatment of prostatitis, it harms the patient.
Are the same in the treatment of prostatitis and adenoma, physical exercises, water procedures, rules of conduct, prevention, diet, folk remedies. Drug treatment, physiotherapy different.
Prostatitis most often treated at home, outpatient conservative methods. And only in severe cases, with complications, neglected state, abscesses resort to surgery.
Adenoma most often treated surgically: an adenomectomy or endoscopic transurethral resection of the prostate is performed. Conservative treatment is possible at an early stage of the disease.
Below we will talk about treatment options prostatitis, prostate adenomas:
Varieties of drugs used in the treatment of prostatitis:
- alpha adrenergic blockers,
- hormonal drugs
- muscle relaxants
- Usually, a doctor prescribes for the treatment of bacterial prostatitis fluoroquinolones: ciprofloxacin, gatyloxacin, lomefloxacin, moxifloxacin, ofloxacin. They are distinguished by activity, permeability, action against many types of bacteria, with oral use they accumulate in the gland.
- Chronic prostatitis is well treated with antibiotics called metacyclin, doxycycline, oleandomycin, erythromycin, cephalexin.
- Candles. Filling rectal suppositories during prostatitis therapy is done with antibiotics, propolis, antispasmodics, components of cattle glands, and other components. Examples of drugs administered with suppositories: bioprost, prostatilen, viferon, prostopin, olestesin. Application candles with prostatitis, edema, pain, inflammation are eliminated.With their help, sexual and urethral functions are restored, the development of vascular thrombosis is suppressed, blood circulation improves.
- Chinese patches act on the site of inflammation of the prostate by penetrating microparticles of the drug through the skin. It was possible to achieve this nanotechnology.
In the early stage of adenoma, it can be cured medicines. For this, the following drugs are used:
- alpha adrenergic blockers,
- immunocorrective agents (Reoferon, Pyrogenal),
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors,
- means to improve blood circulation (Trental),
- sometimes antibiotics.
If such treatment is ineffective surgical intervention.
Physiotherapeutic procedures with prostate diseases, they are carried out with the aim of:
- Blood flow improvement in the prostate.
- Pain relief.
- Relieving inflammation and swelling in the prostate.
- Restore the natural function of the gland.
These results are achieved by applying massage, hardware procedures. They are usually performed on an outpatient basis or at the patient’s home.
Apparatus You can also buy retail for individual use.
Massage - The most effective part of the complex therapy of prostatitis. Although you can’t call her pleasant.
By direct exposure to a finger in a glove, the doctor removes the tension in the muscles of the gland, gradually relieves edema.
From this, the patient passes pain, the organ shares acquire equal sizes, its functions are restored. There is an outflow of secretion and stagnant sperm with harmful microflora.
A competent prostate massage will be performed only by a specialist doctor in special gloves, which for this must be called to the house.
The organ is very fragile, when trying to perform the same actions independently (self-massage) or with the help of an incompetent person, he can be seriously injured with the risk of blood poisoning. To comply with all the rules of sterility, manual massage is best done outpatient or in a hospital.
Wherein IMPORTANT do not apply:
- expired grease
- sterile gloves.
Contraindications for massage:
- exacerbation stage,
- stones in the prostate.
If it is impossible to attend the outpatient, inpatient massage procedures, one should take into account: an alternative to it (although inferior) is one of the following physiotherapy procedures.
Electrophoresis. The device uses the property of direct current to increase the speed and depth of penetration of drugs into the tissues of the patient’s body with prostatitis. As medicines for this, novocaine, bromine, magnesia sulfate (2% solution), calcium chloride (1-3% solution) are used.
UHF. High-frequency sounds improve metabolic processes, sexual desire, relieve inflammation of the prostate, dissolve scars, help restore damaged tissues, and treat injuries of the rectum.
Magnetotherapy affects the patient's body with a prostatitis magnetic field.
Relieves inflammation, improves blood circulation, promotes tissue regeneration without side effects.
Laser therapy increases body endurance, prostate activity, improves general condition.
Therapy is carried out in the morning, the course is 15 times.
Electrical stimulants vibration of the current eliminates the stagnation of the gland, resume the outflow of its secret.
Microclysters are used to inject drugs for prostatitis into the rectum in accordance with their purpose specified in the instructions.
Physiotherapy is not applicable when:
- exacerbation of the disease,
- the presence of neoplasms,
- decompensated diabetes mellitus,
- active tuberculosis.
With prostate adenoma, massage is not only not useful, but also DANGEROUS! From him, the process will progress! Especially dangerous hardware vibration massage!
The indicated methods of physiotherapy for adenoma:
- Cryotherapy - freezing the prostate with liquid nitrogen.
- Thermal ablation - destruction of gland tissue by high temperatures.
- Transurethral needle ablation - needles that transmit radio frequency pulses are inserted into the prostate.
- Transurethral microwave thermotherapy - A microwave generator is inserted through the urethra, affecting the cells to be removed.
Mud therapy. Mud applied:
The most effective of them is the treatment of prostatitis with pumpkin. From prostatitis consume juice, pumpkin seed oil and pumpkin seeds.
Squeeze the juice from the pulp, drink a glass for three weeks a day. Seeds should be fresh, not fried. They are peeled, but the greenish shell should be preserved. Are eating 60-100 seeds in a day. The course of treatment is not less than a month.
Other tried and tested folk remedies include: hazel, aspen, chestnuts, propolis, parsley.
Of particular note is the use of honey (for example, honey-pumpkin balls or honey sbiten. People have long noticed: beekeepers never get an adenoma.
When water procedures, use a sitz bath - water 43 degrees.
A bath with a temperature of 37 degrees reduces libido.
About the sauna, then steam not allowed! It’s possible prostate edema.
Medical, mud baths treat prostatitis by warming the problem areas, the action of the beneficial substances contained in the liquid.
The second heart of a man
The prostate is called the "second heart" of a man, because the heart makes it possible to live, and the prostate gland - live with pleasure.
They say that in the scale of male fears, diseases of this organ take second place after heart diseases. And the effect of prostate problems on quality of life is comparable to myocardial infarction.
And although it does not directly affect potency, sexual dysfunctions against the background of her illnesses are not uncommon. It is a fact.
The most popular male diseases are prostatitis and prostate adenoma.
If prostate adenoma in most cases occurs at the age of 50+, then prostatitis can occur even in adolescents.
Let's see how the prostate gland works. I will not load you with unnecessary information, only the most important thing is that you understand the causes and pathogenesis of the most common prostate diseases.
The patient's body should receive natural fatty acids.
There are a lot of them in such products: sunflower oil, fish oil, poultry liver, walnuts.
The amount of fatty foods in the diet is less than a third. A quarter of them are fatty meat, three quarters are vegetable oil, fish.
Avoid food that causes constipation.
Include foods rich in zinc: egg yolks, pine nuts, shrimp, seaweed, crabs, fish, mussels.
In the patient’s diet, most of them are vegetables and fruits.
- Spice - parsley, mustard, horseradish - reduce inflammation, accelerate recovery.
- Onion garlic kill the bacteria that cause the disease, improve blood circulation, potency.
The patient needs to avoid such products:
- alcohol, coffee, carbonated drinks, tea,
- smoked, salted, spicy, fried foods,
- convenience foods, fast food, pastries,
- canned food.
Avoid food causing constipation. Spicy foods with adenoma lead to edema of the gland. Violation of the diet will negate other costs of treatment, neutralize its effect.
How does the prostate gland work?
The prostate is a small organ located in the pelvic cavity that resembles a chestnut in appearance. Her weight is normal - about 20 grams.
Above it is the bladder, from which the urethra (urethra) goes directly into the thickness of the gland. The prostate is "planted" on him, like a piece of meat on a skewer.
What follows from this?
And the fact that if it is swollen and enlarged, it will squeeze the urethra, its diameter will decrease, and urine will meet an obstruction on its way from the bladder. Therefore, one of the symptoms of prostate disease is a weak, sometimes even intermittent, stream of urine.
In severe cases, the outflow of urine may completely stop. This is an acute condition requiring emergency care.
The rectum is located behind the prostate gland. For this reason, with inflammation of the prostate, pain can be felt in the anus. So keep in mind, dear pharmaceutical workers: if the buyer tells you that he has a pain in the rectum or something like that, do not rush to offer him candles for hemorrhoids.
Ask him clarifying questions. By the way, which ones?
The gland is separated from the rectum by a thin layer of fatty tissue. In this regard, through the rectum, a urologist can feel it, evaluate its density, size, contours.
And there is also such a procedure as prostate massage, which is performed rectally due to its proximity to the rectum.
The basis of the gland is ... glands. There are 30-50 of them, collected in slices. Since these are glands, then they produce a secret that must be secreted somewhere.
And there is. The glands have ducts through which the secret at the time of orgasm enters the urethra (urethra).
There are muscle fibers around the glands. With orgasm, they contract and drive the secret into the ducts, and from them into the urethra.
The prostate is surrounded by a capsule of connective tissue, which forms partitions that go deep into it.
What does the prostate gland do?
It performs 5 functions:
The first one. The secretion of the gland liquefies sperm, provides sperm motility, supplies them with energy so that they can run to the egg and fertilize it. He is also responsible for their viability, so that they are able to cant for some time in the fallopian tubes in anticipation of a slower and such non-punctual female person. If it were not for the secret of the prostate, they would have died there immediately. From here it is not difficult to guess that one of the causes of infertility may be a disease of the prostate gland, in which the secretion is disrupted.
The second one. Thanks to muscle fibers, the prostate gland is responsible for the release of secretions during ejaculation.
The third. It plays the role of a valve, blocking the access of urine to the urethra when excited. Otherwise, embarrassment could happen at the crucial moment.
For the same reason, within a few minutes after sex, a man cannot urinate.
Fourth. The secretion of the prostate gland contains biologically active substances, thanks to which the infection does not penetrate from the urethra higher into other organs of the genitourinary system.
Fifth. The enzyme 5-alpha reductase is produced in the prostate gland. Under the influence of her male sex hormone, testosterone passes into dihydrotestosterone, which is 10 times stronger than its predecessor. It has a major effect on the sexual function of men.
Do you know how to suspect a decrease in testosterone levels in men?
Just measure your waist circumference! It should be less than 94 cm.
You ask: “What does testosterone have to do with it?”
As it turned out, there is mutual responsibility between testosterone and fat.
The first provides the burning of the second.
And if, thanks to a computer and fast-food lifestyle, fat began to be deposited on the stomach, adipose tissue begins to work as an organ of the endocrine system. It produces the hormone leptin, which leads to lower testosterone levels.
Useful physical activity
For the prevention of prostatitis, any physical education is useful, starting with the usual morning exercises. But special exercises specifically against prostatitis have been developed.
Exercise complex Kegel aims to strengthen the muscles of the perineum.
It’s easy to identify them: a man holds a stream of urine while writing. Those muscles (prostate muscles) that work in this case, and it’s necessary train.
- We strain and relax the prostate muscles one by one. The faster the better.
- Tighten the muscles, hold tight for 4 seconds, smoothly relax.
- Gently tighten the muscles, as if defecating.We are relaxing.
In the first lesson of each exercise, repeat eight times. This cycle is repeated five times a day.
Weekly increase the number of repetitions of each exercise in the cycle by four, until we reach 45 repetitions. We do such gymnastics daily, while the problem of prostatitis is relevant.
Also apply physiotherapy, yoga. From their exercises, choose those during which the movement of the pelvic organs occurs.
- First aid is required in case of acute prostatitis and an attack of adenoma. To reduce the activity of microorganisms is required intravenous antibiotics.
- The first two days, drugs are administered only by injection. This speeds up the delivery time of drugs to the affected area. A day after the injection, the patient feels relief.
- To reduce pain and muscle relaxation are introduced antispasmodic drugs.
- In the presence of an abscess, especially if the outflow of urine is almost impossible, urgent abdominal surgery or blood transfusion.
How long can the treatment last?
Prostatitis - usually from a month to three.
Adenomas: Treatment of adenoma usually ends after the operation and the recovery period. With conservative treatment of an early stage - therapy is terminated after the doctor concludes that surgery is no longer necessary.
Now you know everything about the treatment of chronic prostatitis and prostate adenoma. The main thing that is required from the patient is discipline and compliance with ALL of recommendations.
It is important to follow the treatment regimen, diet, and do not skip the procedure. Remember that popular folk remedies are just an addition to the methods of official medicine, their use must also be agreed with the therapist.
Prostatitis, prostate adenoma: what is it?
Prostatitis - This is inflammation of the prostate gland, a disease that is quite dangerous and requires immediate treatment. Usually occurs in two forms - acute and chronic.
Symptoms of prostatitis in acute form:
- general malaise
- temperature rise,
- frequent urination
- pain in the groin.
The causes of the disease are:
- frequent hypothermia,
- infectious diseases,
- irregular sex life
- passive lifestyle.
If prostatitis is not treated, it can lead to various complications.
Most often, men have:
BPH - This is a benign tumor that most often occurs in men after 50 years.
The causes of the disease are considered hormonal changes associated primarily with age. As for the symptoms, they are most often associated with urination. The fact is that the tumor, gradually increasing, presses on the urethra. And the more problems a man has with this natural process, the stronger the tumor develops.
Prostate adenoma is not a fatal disease, but without the necessary treatment can cause serious complications. Not only the bladder suffers, as cystitis, urethritis and pyelonephritis may appear.
What unites and what are their differences?
What unites diseases is the fact that they are subject to the same organ, that is, the prostate gland. Symptoms of prostatitis and prostate adenomas are similar, since both the inflammatory process and the tumor primarily affect urination.
What is the difference between prostatitis and prostate adenoma? The difference between prostate adenoma and prostatitis lies in the causes of the disease, some treatment methods, etc.
Is simultaneous availability possible?
Often, these diseases accompany each other, and it happens that a man has both chronic prostatitis and prostate adenoma. And even more, one disease can trigger another disease. Adenoma contributes to the development of inflammation of the prostate gland, that is, prostatitis. When the patient has both ailments, the symptoms become pronounced already in the first stages.
What is harmful with such diseases, what should be discarded?
First of all, men who have been diagnosed with prostatitis or prostate adenoma should review their diet and change their lifestyle. Be sure to limit the use of alcohol, refuse cigarettes and harmful products. These include fatty meats, smoked meats, spicy and salty, canned food and carbonated drinks.
Bath visit and warming up
It is harmful to self-medicate with prostatitis and prostate adenoma, so only the attending physician can prescribe heating. A bath with prostatitis and prostate adenoma can be useful only in the early stages of the disease. High temperature activates blood circulation, which helps relieve pain, remove toxins and eliminate congestion. But with acute prostatitis, overheating can provoke an even stronger inflammatory process.
At home, you can take special baths. The temperature of the water must be raised gradually, over several sessions. The maximum temperature should not exceed 40–43 degrees, and the duration of one dive should be 15 minutes. In water, you can add infusions of medicinal herbs. As for visiting the bath, it is also possible only after the recommendation of a doctor.
Alpha-adrenergic receptor antagonists that relax prostate muscles are effective in treating prostate diseases. Most often prescribed Setegis, Dalphaz or Kardura. If the patient has low blood pressure, then Omnic, Fokusin or Adenorm is prescribed.
Among the inhibitors, Finasteride is often used. As for herbal medicines, with adenoma or prostatitis, Permixon, Afala or Tadenan has a therapeutic effect.
These drugs are not often prescribed, as they have side effects. However, in some cases, antibiotics are indispensable. For example, if the prostatitis was caused by an infection. Therefore, the urologist prescribes Levorin or Gentamicin.
Rectal suppositories are very often used to treat diseases of the prostate gland, as they relieve inflammation and stop the growth of the tumor.
The composition of these drugs includes antispasmodics, antiseptics, antibacterial substances, etc. There are also completely herbal suppositories, the active substances of which are propolis, herbal extracts, etc. They are no less effective and are often used for patients with intolerance to certain components.
All men are at risk, so you do not need to wait for the first symptoms to appear.
And if the disease has already manifested, then after treatment it is necessary to deal with prevention.
This is a healthy lifestyle, following an easy diet and moderate physical activity.
You should try not to expose the body to hypothermia, protect yourself during sex and visit a urologist at least 2 times a year.
Adenoma and prostatitis are unpleasant but treatable diseases. The main thing is that at the first symptoms you will see a doctor and take tests. It is much easier to cure the disease in the early stages than to deal with it when side diseases have appeared.
The prostate gland is called the second heart of a man. And this is no coincidence, because it is directly responsible for men's health. If there is a malfunction in the prostate, the man feels this most acutely. Pathologies of the prostate gland are common, but there is not always an understanding of how one disease differs from another. The concept of prostatitis and adenoma from a narrow-minded point of view are similar, although in fact such diseases have differences in causes, symptoms and treatment.
The difference between prostatitis and prostate adenoma.
The prostate gland is an organ that affects both prostatitis and adenoma. That is, the area of defeat is one. But the symptoms, course, causes and consequences are different. Therefore, if a man faces prostate problems, it is important to undergo examinations to make an accurate diagnosis. After all, medical measures are fundamentally different, which means that with an adenoma, preparations for inflammation will be useless and vice versa.
Diagnostics includes the following activities:
- Laboratory study of prostate secretion. The result of the examination will be the count of white blood cells, the identification of bacteria and the presence of antibodies,
- Urine Sample Analysis for the presence of white blood cells and bacteria. A better 3-glass analysis, which will establish the site of inflammation,
- Blood test for antigen. It is prescribed if a specialist suspects the presence of malignant cells,
- Spermogram. Conducted to evaluate chemical indicators,
- Rectal examination. It is conducted by specialists to assess the size of the prostate,
- Ultrasound of the bladder. With adenoma, the bladder increases due to difficulties with the outflow of urine,
- TRUS. A transrectal examination of the prostate and other pelvic organs gives a better clinical picture compared with palpation.
Naturally, to make a diagnosis, the doctor must collect data for an anamnesis. So, the survey clarifies factors that can lead to a number of pathologies of the representative gland. Already at this stage, doctors initially diagnose.
It would be wrong to say that middle-aged and elderly men are subject to inflammation of the prostate gland. The causes of the pathology are such that young people become hostages of a dangerous disease:
- Passive lifestyle. Neglect of physical activity carries with it a low tone of the muscles of the pelvic region. Poor peristalsis threatens with stagnation, circulatory disorders, and, as a result, the occurrence of prostatitis,
- Infections. Genital infections, not diagnosed on time, flow into prostatitis. Therefore, promiscuous sexual intercourse can lead to male insolvency,
- Lack of regular sex life. Abstinence from sex adversely affects the state of the prostate. The development of a secret occurs constantly, and its stagnation leads to inflammation. This also includes artificially interrupted sexual intercourse, or its lengthening,
- Poor immunity. It is scientifically proven that in the human body there are many bacteria, a certain content of which is considered the norm. But with a decrease in immunity, bacteria become a factor in the development of infectious pathology, and then prostatitis,
- Hypothermia. Such a dangerous factor is typical for lovers of winter sports. A long stay at sub-zero temperatures is not at all good for men's health. The consequences are violations during urination, pyelonephritis, which cause inflammation of the prostate gland,
- Hormonal disorders and stress. Such causes are rare, but have a specific place in the list of causes of deterioration in men's health. The restructuring of the body due to hormonal imbalance strikes the most unprotected parts of the body, including the prostate gland,
- Lack of hygiene. Failure to comply with hygiene rules and the content of the genitals in uncleanness leads to the development of bacteria, which definitely lead to inflammation.
Prostate Adenoma Factors
Specialists are not taken to name the specific causes of the pathology in the patient. But thanks to statistics, the most common risk factors are formed:
- Age. Over the course of a man’s life, hormonal changes occur. A decrease in the hormone testosterone provokes the proliferation of connective tissue of the prostate. Therefore, age over 40 is a factor in the occurrence of benign prostatic hyperplasia,
- Heredity. Like other hereditary pathologies, adenoma is transmitted from father to son. Having a history of the risk of a disease, doctors recommend that preventive measures be taken to exclude the likelihood of a tumor
- Diabetes, heart disease. Not only these diseases lead to the risk of tumor formation, but also the medicines prescribed for their treatment. So, if the medicine contains beta - blockers, then the risk of adenoma is significant,
- Overweight. Excessive fat causes a decrease in testosterone and a violation of normal blood flow in the pelvic organs. All this becomes prerequisites for the appearance and growth of a benign tumor.
So, the risk factors for prostatitis and adenomas are of a different nature. But, importantly, due to concomitant diseases - pyelonephritis, urethritis, problems with urination, a transition from one pathology to another is possible.
Symptoms of prostate adenoma and chronic prostatitis
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland. Adenoma is a benign tumor of the prostate. Therefore, the symptoms of the course of these diseases are also different. A specialist in the collection of primary data makes a preliminary diagnosis in the presence of certain patient complaints.
With prostatitis in a man, the following symptoms are noted:
- Crotch pain
- Chills or fever
- Impaired potency,
- Problems with urination.
The chronic stage in 70% is asymptomatic and patients live with the disease for a single year, postponing a visit to the doctor until the onset of the acute stage or period of exacerbation.
With the manifestation of signs of adenoma, the clinical picture is pronounced. Due to the proliferating tissue, pressure on the bladder occurs. Men with a prostate tumor report a sharp occurrence of problems with urination. The disease is characterized by frequent urge to go to the toilet, an uneven and intermittent stream of urine, incomplete emptying.
The remaining urine leads to a constant increase in the volume of the bladder, stagnation of urine, and the risk of developing concomitant diseases. Therefore, an adenoma at the beginning of the course of the disease does not carry any pain. But frequent urge to the toilet should be the reason for immediate treatment. Launched benign formation leads to the development of infections and the need for surgical intervention.
The difference in the treatment of adenoma and prostatitis
Medical measures for the diagnosis of prostatitis depend on its form: chronic or acute. For the treatment of inflammation are used:
- Rectal suppositories
- Prostate massage,
- Immunomodulatory drugs
- Herbal preparations.
For the treatment of adenomas, conservative treatment and surgical procedures are practiced:
- Behavioral Therapy. The patient is advised to limit the use of fluids and foods that have diuretic properties,
- Urination regulation,
- Gymnastics for the pelvic muscles - exercise therapy and a set of Kegel exercises,
- Alpha - blockers. Special drugs that prevent the growth of connective tissue,
- Reductase inhibitors. Gradually reduce the total volume of the prostate gland,
- Hormone medications containing testosterone,
In some cases, an adenoma requires surgery. The doctor makes a decision about the surgery if the following indicators are available:
- Lack of positive changes after conservative treatment,
- Relapse disease
- Bladder stones
- Renal failure.
Surgery means removal of the prostate gland.After resection, the patient is prescribed to undergo an annual examination at a medical institution, adhere to a diet, and also conduct preventive measures.
Differences in the effects of adenoma and prostatitis
Late admission to the hospital leads to complications. Moreover, in these diseases, they can be similar. As noted above, untreated prostatitis leads to the formation of a benign tumor. If prostatitis is not treated, there is a risk of:
- Chronic form of prostatitis: this stage of the development of the disease is terrible for its inconspicuous course. And in itself, chronic prostatitis often leads to oncology,
- Impotence: male insolvency often occurs at an early age, if you do not seek medical help on time. Problems with an erection carry both psychological problems and physical ones,
- Infertility: disorders in the secretion of the prostate gland are directly related to spermatogenesis. Male infertility is difficult to cure, and the advanced stages of the disease will put an end to the continuation of the genus.
These are the most striking consequences of advanced prostatitis. Benign tumors strike at other organs:
- Genitourinary system: the bladder is affected, renal failure develops. The presence of such consequences is already the basis for surgical treatment,
- Intestine: the direct proximity of the gland and rectum can provoke the emergence and growth of malignant cells in the rectum. And such a pathology is already becoming the cause of death.
The relationship between prostatitis and adenoma
Achievements of modern scientific thought indicate the presence of a connection between prostatitis and a benign tumor. So, prolonged inflammation of the prostate causes the growth of affected cells, which leads to the growth of tissue. Pathological growth of connective tissue is a benign formation, i.e. prostate adenoma.
But not always an adenoma becomes the result of untreated prostatitis. Doctors talk about the risk of self-formation of the tumor.
Due to the fact that the area of damage to prostatitis and adenoma is one, it is difficult to differentiate them. But, coupled with a medical examination, to make it real. Differences in treatment methods are due to different pathologies of the process.
Despite the peaceful name, benign prostatic hyperplasia in the absence of conservative treatment will lead to surgical intervention. Urologists advise to undergo a medical examination twice a year to identify prostate pathologies, as well as to take preventive measures for men over 40 years of age.
Many men confuse prostatitis and prostate adenoma, believing that this is the same disease. In fact, this is not so, because prostatitis is an inflammatory pathology, and prostate adenoma or benign prostatic hyperplasia is a benign tumor.
Prostate adenoma is one of the most common diseases of the male genital area. Pathology causes a violation of urination, pain in the lower abdomen, and also becomes the cause of urolithiasis. Doctors strongly do not recommend self-medication for prostate adenoma. If the urine stream becomes intermittent, you should consult a urologist as soon as possible.
Prostate adenoma code MKD10 No. 40 is an overgrowth of glandular tissue located in the prostatic region around the urethra. Every fourth man over the age of 50 encounters such a pathology, but not everyone goes to the doctor.
The exact cause of prostate adenoma is still not known. Many suggest that the cause of the disease is chronic prostatitis, as well as an improper lifestyle, smoking and alcoholism. These factors have not been proven.
Currently, it is believed that prostate adenoma occurs against the background of hormonal disorders that occur during age-related changes in the body of a man. That is why the disease occurs only in patients in adulthood.
Diagnosis of prostate adenoma, especially in the initial stages, can only be done by a urologist. Signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia are very similar to symptoms of prostatitis, there are also problems with urination, so the patient can easily confuse the disease, and begin the wrong treatment.
First of all, the urologist interviews the patient and conducts an initial examination. The specialist palpates the bladder, and also feels the prostate through the rectum. Then the doctor prescribes to take the following tests:
- analysis of prostate secretion,
- urethral swab for infections,
- uroflowmetry - measurement of the speed of urine and its volume during urination,
- Ultrasound of the prostate to assess the size of the gland,
- analysis of prostatic antigen and biopsy of the gland to exclude a malignant tumor,
- general urine and blood tests.
After making the correct diagnosis, the doctor draws up a treatment plan. All drugs and procedures are selected individually, it all depends on the neglect of a particular case.
What is the difference between prostate adenoma and cancer
Often patients worry whether prostate adenoma can actually turn out to be a malignant tumor. As you know, prostate adenoma is a benign neoplasm that is rarely malignant, but hyperplasia can increase the risk of developing prostate cancer.
The causes of prostate cancer have not yet been established. The appearance of a malignant tumor is associated with age-related hormonal changes, the consumption of carcinogens. And the symptoms of prostate cancer at the initial stage are very similar to the signs of adenoma, patients also experience frequent urination, and a stream of urine is weakened.
With cancer, the patient is worried about severe pain in the affected area, he becomes pale, depleted in appearance. With prostate adenoma, usually, in addition to problems with urination, no signs are observed until the kidneys are disturbed.
Prostate cancer is a very insidious disease that develops slowly and imperceptibly, and then kills the man. Therefore, at the age of 45-50 years, you need to become a regular customer of a urologist, visiting him regularly. And with urination disorders, you must immediately go to the hospital to exclude the presence of a malignant tumor. The sooner cancer treatment begins, the more chances a man has of surviving.
Conservative treatment of prostate adenoma
What kind of treatment will be prescribed depends on the stage of the disease and the severity of problems with urination. If the disorders are not severe, then conservative therapy will be prescribed, which consists in taking medications.
Medications for treating prostate adenoma in men:
- Finasteride and other 5-alpha reductase inhibitors.
- Doxazolin and other alpha-blockers.
- Gentamicin and other antibiotics.
- Probiotics for the restoration of intestinal microflora, for example, Linex.
- Blood circulation medications, for example, Trenal.
Combined drug therapy can reduce the size of the prostate gland and restore blood circulation, as well as relieve the inflammatory process, improve the nutrition of prostate tissues. In complex treatment, vitamins and immunomodulators are also prescribed.
Surgery for prostate adenoma
An operation to remove prostate adenoma is prescribed in cases where urination disorders are very pronounced, and the tumor itself is large. Also, surgical intervention is indicated for those patients who did not benefit from conservative drug therapy.
Most often, the operation to remove the prostate is carried out using a laser.With such an operation, small blood loss and tissue trauma are observed, and the sexual function of the man is preserved. In addition, even a sufficiently large prostate adenoma can be removed with a laser.
A transurethral resection of the prostate (TUR of the prostate) can also be performed. This is an operation without incisions, which is performed through the urethra. Such an operation is quite complicated, it requires the high professionalism of the doctor.
Sometimes it happens that the operation cannot be performed if the patient has various concomitant diseases, for example, heart failure. In this case, a catheter is inserted into the urethra to ensure the outflow of urine.
Many patients are interested in the consequences of surgery after removal of prostate adenoma. After surgery, TUR of the prostate adenoma may cause bleeding with the need for blood transfusion and reoperation if clots form inside.
Also, after surgery, infections, problems with urination, erectile dysfunction and ejaculation are possible. To avoid such consequences, the patient is prescribed drug therapy.
Treatment with folk remedies
Many patients are interested in the treatment of prostate adenoma without surgery, and even better at home. A tumor in the prostate gland is a very serious disorder that requires examination and treatment under the supervision of a doctor if the patient needs his life.
Treatment with folk remedies for prostate adenoma can not be carried out, unless otherwise recommended by a urologist. Because any tumor, even the most harmless, always has a chance to become malignant.
Acceptance of dubious tinctures and funds can be an impetus for malignancy. In complex treatment, herbal preparations and extracts can be used, but only with the permission of the attending physician.
Complications of prostate adenoma
Prostate adenoma requires timely treatment, because the disease causes a number of serious complications:
- chronic renal failure
- acute urinary retention
- blood may appear in the urine,
- varicose veins of the neck of the bladder,
- bladder tamponade,
- stones in the bladder and kidneys due to stagnation of urine,
- inflammatory diseases of the prostate, urethra, kidneys and other pelvic organs,
- erectile disfunction.
Most of these complications are accompanied by acute pain, fever. And for treatment, an urgent surgical operation is needed.
Prostate adenoma in men is a very unpleasant disease that violates the quality of life and the psychological state of the patient. Do not be afraid of surgery, it is better to suffer a few days than to suffer for the rest of your life from kidney pain and problems with urination. Proper treatment of prostate adenoma helps not only restore normal urination, but also maintain sexual function.
When medication is indicated
Conservative therapy of adenoma is advisable in the following cases:
- Early stage of the disease, non-essential size of nodes,
- Adenoma without pronounced symptoms (while the walls of the bladder retain their functionality, urination is relatively normal),
- The operation is contraindicated, since it will cause the patient more harm than good.
Medical criteria that the doctor focuses on when choosing adenoma therapy:
- The presence of pronounced concomitant pathologies.
- The total value of the IPSS questionnaire. It should be between 8 and 19.
- Quality of Life Index (QOL) - less than 4.
- Qmax (maximum urine flow rate according to the results of uroflowmetry) - between 5 and 15 ml / sec.
- The volume of residual urine is not more than 150 ml.
An adenoma at an early stage can be successfully prevented from further growth. The main thing is that the therapy is chosen correctly, and the process is controlled by a doctor.In the last stages, when the amount of residual urine due to the urinary canal compressed by the adenoma increases, and the walls of the bladder are stretched and atrophy, conservative treatment will no longer help.
Contraindications to conservative treatment of adenoma:
- Suspicion of oncology,
- The presence of an increased average lobe (proliferation around the urethra),
- Large volume of residual urine
- Neurogenic disorders (leakage of urine),
- Drug intolerance.
Surgery remains the only treatment option for adenoma with obstruction of the urinary duct (this condition is called intravesical obstruction).
Applicable forms of drugs
With adenoma, several groups of drugs are used:
- Symptomatic: to relieve spasms, reduce pain.
- Therapeutic: to eliminate or stop the factors conducive to the growth of the gland.
- Immunomodulatory: to activate the immunity of the prostate, which prevents pathological cell division.
- Stimulating: to improve the blood supply to the prostate gland, eliminate stagnant processes, prevent infectious inflammation.
With adenoma, several dosage forms are used at once to provide a complex effect: tablets, capsules, microclysters, rectal suppositories, injectable solutions.
The main advantage of rectal suppositories in the treatment of adenoma is the rapid penetration of the active substance directly into the prostate tissue. These drugs do not treat adenoma. Their action is aimed at removing edema by improving trophism (metabolic processes) of tissues and relieving inflammation. Due to this, iron can decrease in volume up to 30%. Examples of candles:
- “Prostatilen” (404 rubles for 5 pcs.), “Vitaprost” (970 rubles for 10 pcs.). The active substance is peptides - proteins of animal origin, acting as active agents that transfer information from cell to cell, thereby adjusting the process of their development and functioning. In adenoma suppositories, peptides from the prostate gland of mature bulls were used. Substances enhance the gland's own immunity, contribute to the removal of edema and the reduction of the organ in volume.
- Bioprost (540 rubles per 10 pcs.) With pumpkin seed oil. It stops the growth of pathogenic bacteria, has an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect.
- "Propolis DN" (250 rubles for 6 pcs.) With propolis. It improves blood circulation, has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and immunomodulating effect.
- "Prostadenom" (470 rubles per 10 pcs.) With a complex composition: propolis, sea buckthorn and cocoa butter, meadowsweet extracts, sabal palm, ginkgo biloba, calendula. Stimulates metabolic processes, relieves inflammation.
To relieve urethral spasms and relax the lumen of the ureters, inexpensive candles with papaverine or drotaverinum are used: Spazmolizin, Papaverin.
Alpha-adrenergic blockers for prostate adenoma
Alpha-1-blockers appeared on the drug market in the mid-90s. These drugs have significantly increased the effectiveness of drug therapy for adenomas. Alpha-1 receptors, the activity of which inhibit these substances, are located in the most problematic places: the neck of the bladder, the prostatic part of the urethra, and also in the capsule of the prostate. As a result of the action of adrenergic blockers, the smooth muscles of these departments relax and urination is facilitated.
The main representatives of this group:
- Kardura (doxazosin). It stands out among other drugs in that it blocks only hyperactive alpha-adrenergic receptors and does not provoke a decrease in blood pressure, if it is initially normal, and if it is elevated, it normalizes. This allows you to combine the treatment of several diseases at once.The vasodilating effect makes it possible to use this drug to improve erectile function and therapy of chronic prostatitis.
- "Dalfaz" (alfuzosin). It does not penetrate the blood-brain barrier to the brain, it has a mainly peripheral effect. Therapy is poorly controlled, side effects often occur.
- "Omnic", "Flosin" (tamsulosin). There are difficulties with the selection of an individual dosage. Valid for 16 hours. Many patients have retrograde ejaculation (semen goes to the bladder). More promising is the "Omnic okas" with delayed release, which is valid for 24 hours.
- Chaitrin, Segetis (terazosin). They have a pronounced hypotensive effect (reduces pressure), therefore, not all patients with adenoma are suitable.
- "Urorek" (silodozin). It is characterized by high selectivity and minimal impact on pressure.
The mechanism of action and contraindications of the above drugs are largely similar, but each has minor individual characteristics, which doctors are guided by when appointing them to patients with adenoma.
5-alpha reductase inhibitors
These drugs affect the mechanisms of development of adenoma. 5-alpha reductase is an enzyme that is present in the nuclei of prostatic tissue cells and is responsible for the conversion of testosterone to its active form, dihydrotestosterone. It is believed that it is he who provokes the growth of adenoma (everything a man needs to know about dihydrotestosterone). Inhibitors block the activity of the enzyme, as a result of which the prostate cells stop multiplying uncontrollably, the old ones disintegrate (apoptosis occurs). Taking 5-alpha reductase inhibitors can help reduce prostate size by compressing the adenoma and removing a mechanical obstruction to urination.
On the market are drugs based on two types of substances of this group:
- Finasteride. The enzyme blocks only 1 and 2 types. The elimination half-life makes 6-8 hours.
- Dutasteride (Avodart). Blocks all 3 types of enzyme. Half-life occurs after 3-5 weeks.
The pronounced effect of the treatment develops after 6-12 months of therapy. The volume of the prostate is reduced by 18-28%. PSA levels are also reduced by half. After 2-4 years of continuous therapy, there are prospects of reducing the number of points on the IPSS scale by 15-30% and increasing the rate of urination by 1.5-2 ml / sec.
5-alpha reductase inhibitors are slower than alpha-blockers, but the effect of their use is more long-term and obvious. The main disadvantage is side effects: in 6-8% of patients, libido decreases, erection worsens, and sperm volume decreases. This can only occur in the first year of adenoma therapy, then the severity of symptoms no longer increases.
Alpha-adrenergic blocking agents and 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors are first-line drugs for the treatment of men with symptoms of BPH. The table shows the main properties of these groups
Anticholinergics (anticholinergics) and PDE-5 inhibitors
One of the symptoms of adenoma is frequent urination caused by overactive bladder syndrome (develops due to malnutrition and nerve conduction of the tissues of its contractile muscle - detrusor). To normalize urination, in combination with alpha-blockers, M-anticholinergics are used. These are drugs that block M-cholinergic receptors located in the neck of the bladder, reducing its tone. The main representatives of this group of substances are tolterodine and solifenacin. Preparations based on them, used for adenoma: "Uroflex", "Urotol", "Vesikar". Side effects include dry mouth, constipation, and rash.
Urotol is a drug that reduces the tone of the smooth muscles of the urinary tract. The price in pharmacies is from 476 rubles.
PDE-5 inhibitors in case of prostate adenoma are prescribed to relax smooth muscles of the urinary tract and facilitate urination. In action, they are similar to alpha-1-blockers and are often used in combination with them. The medication officially recommended by the medical community is tadalafil. PDE-5 inhibitors also contribute to improving blood supply to the pelvic organs, and reducing inflammation of the prostate and bladder. A pronounced effect in terms of facilitating urination occurs after 3 months of combination therapy.
Antibiotics are often an integral component of adenoma therapy, since the accumulation of urine and changes in the tissues of the prostate create favorable conditions for the development of infection. A frequent companion of hyperplasia is chronic prostatitis. Inflammation aggravates the symptoms of adenoma due to an increase in the volume of the gland. The doctor prescribes drugs based on the results of the analysis (bacterial culture of urine and prostate juice with a determination of sensitivity to antibiotics).
Groups of drugs:
- Cephalosporins: Suprax, Zinnat.
- Macrolides: Erythromycin, Klacid.
- Fluoroquinolones: Tavanic, Abaktal.
In some cases, with adenoma, penicillins and aminglicosides are prescribed.
Hormonal drugs for adenoma are prescribed in order to reduce the volume of testosterone, which is transformed into dihydrotestosterone. Without androgenic stimulation, the metabolism changes in the tumor cells, most of them die, the volume of the adenoma decreases. The main groups of drugs:
- Antiandrogens (androcourt),
- Estrogens (Sinestrol). Suppress 5-alpha reductase and contribute to the oxidation of testosterone:
- Derivatives of progesterone ("Depost").
Most urologists do not approve of the use of hormonal drugs in the treatment of adenoma due to pronounced side effects that outweigh the degree of utility.
Herbal preparations and dietary supplements
Supplements and plant-based drugs reduce the volume of the gland only if its increase is provoked by inflammatory edema. If the urethra is squeezed by an enlarged adenoma, then there will be no relief of urination. The minimum course of therapy is 3 months. Drugs recommended by doctors for the treatment of adenoma:
- “Prostagut forte” (nettle and sabal palm extract).
- Prostanorm. Composition: echinacea (immunomodulator), licorice root, goldenrod, St. John's wort. It has an antimicrobial effect, enhances blood microcirculation. With adenoma, it is used in case of inflammation of the gland.
- "Prostamol Uno", "Prostaplant" (Sabal palm extract). Suppresses 5-alpha reductase, has anti-inflammatory and decongestant effects.
Prostamol uno is a herbal preparation for the treatment of prostate diseases (urological agent). The price in pharmacies is from 694 rubles.
- “Cernilton” (flower pollen fermented by bees). Relaxes the urethra, suppresses 5-alpha reductase, improves erectile function.
- "Indigal" (indole-3-carbinol, green tea extract and cruciferous plants). Reduces the activity of androgen receptors.
There are also homeopathic remedies "Afala" and "Afalase", which are based on antibodies to prostate-specific antigen. According to the instructions, they have an anti-inflammatory effect and facilitate urination, however, many experts doubt their effectiveness for the treatment of adenomas.
For pain relief
Pain in an adenoma is associated with the pressure of the enlarged gland on the nerve endings, inflammation and cramping. To relax the muscles of the prostate, urethra and bladder, antispasmodics are used:
To relieve severe pain, analgesics, corticosteroids are prescribed. A safe remedy is rectal suppositories with belladonna and belladonna.
Preparations for prostate adenoma for older men
Conservative treatment of adenomas for older men is sometimes the only option, since surgical interventions can aggravate the condition. The basis of drug treatment are alpha-1-adrenergic blockers based on tamsulosin ("Adenorm", "Omnic", "Fokusin"), since they have minimal effect on blood pressure and the state of the cardiovascular system. These drugs help relieve the symptoms of diabetes and asthma.
Omnic is a blocker of α1-adrenergic receptors, a means for the symptomatic treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. The price in pharmacies is from 330 rubles.
Tamsulosin with an adenoma in the elderly is combined with M-anticholinergics and herbal remedies. To affect the bladder detrusor, Trental (dilutes blood) is prescribed, B vitamins (improve the functionality of the nerve receptors of the bladder), dietary supplements based on Sabal palm extract.
List of the most effective drugs for treating prostate adenoma
The effectiveness of the drugs depends on the volume of the gland and the severity of the symptoms. Rating of the most effective means:
- To permanently reduce prostate volume and facilitate urination: Urorek (770 rubles per 30 capsules) and Kardura (460 rubles per 30 tablets). The best option for combining alpha-adrenergic blocking agents and 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors is the drug "Duodart" (1550 rubles per 30 capsules). It is considered the best cure for prostate adenoma to date.
- To increase local immunity of the prostate and relieve edema: candles "Prostatilen AC" (400 rubles for 5 pieces).
- To enhance blood microcirculation: Prostamol Uno (700 rubles per 30 capsules).
- To reduce the urge to urinate: “Vesikar” (670 rubles for 30 tablets).
For each patient, the doctor selects an individual treatment regimen for adenoma. There is no universal remedy suitable for absolutely everyone.
Can prostate adenoma be cured without surgery
It is impossible to completely remove the adenoma without surgery. Nodes can only be removed by surgical methods. Indications for surgery:
- Acute urinary retention,
- Damage to the kidney tissue due to increased pressure in the bladder,
- Extrusions (diverticula) in the walls of the bladder,
- Massive hemorrhages in the bladder and prostate,
- Frequent inflammation of the urinary system.
Delaying the operation can lead to kidney failure, acute urinary retention, and also create a life-threatening situation when bacteria in large numbers begin to enter the bloodstream. The bladder may stop functioning altogether.
How not to harm when taking medicines
The main condition for the effectiveness of the treatment of adenoma is regular monitoring: PSA level, prostate volume and the amount of residual urine (ultrasound), its output rate (uroflowmetry). You cannot take the following prescription drugs on your own:
- Alpha-adrenergic blockers: a decrease in pressure, accompanied by a headache, vomiting, clouding of consciousness until fainting. Possible swelling, pain in the joints and muscles, nasal congestion.
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors: depression, worsening erection, decreased libido, rash, testicular pain, increased risk of diabetes, vascular disease, osteoporosis.
- Antibiotics: decreased immunity, the multiplication of infection, an increase in the recurrence of chronic prostatitis.
- Anticholinergics: possible overflow of the bladder, urinary retention.
It is dangerous to take PDE-5 inhibitors without a prescription, which can also provoke a sharp drop in pressure, visual impairment, and increased heart rate.
Drugs for the prevention of adenoma
For the prevention of adenoma, as well as for its therapy, dietary supplements based on plant extracts and peptides can be taken:
- Prostmol Uno
- Candles "Prostatilen",
- Prosta Norm,
- "Prostamed" (extracts of pumpkin, aspen, goldenrod)
Beekeeping products (bee subpestilence, beehive, drone homogenate) help maintain hormonal levels. To increase general immunity and prevent infectious inflammation, you can take tinctures on garlic, echinacea, and ginseng in courses.
Reviews of men about drugs for the treatment of adenoma
Ivan, 51 years old: “Adenoma is not treated, so do not waste time and money on“ Afala ”and the like. Look for a good specialist who will find effective pills. With their help, you can forget about discomfort and live a normal life. "I have been taking Kardura (and the original, generics have different properties) for over a year now and I don’t feel any problems with the genitourinary tract."
Alexander: “A doctor with many years of experience told me that adenoma is a very dense formation, it is unrealistic to reduce it, you can only stop growth. And for this, they haven’t come up with a better Duodart. ”
Ilya, 55 years old: “The doctor prescribed Flosin for me from an adenoma. I didn’t notice any side effects, the pressure also did not change, the feeling that I was even younger. ”
Which doctor treats and how to diagnose?
The disease is characterized by proliferation of glandular tissue in the prostate and neck of the urethra. Adenoma leads to a violation of the function of urination, however, at the initial stage of the course, it is successfully cured.
When urination disorders occur, first of all, you need to contact a highly qualified specialist - urologist. The doctor can not only diagnose the disease, but also prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Diagnosis of prostate adenoma includes several research methods. After studying the patient's complaints, passing general tests, the doctor can perform a number of procedures:
The palpation method helps to determine:
- asymmetry of the prostate gland,
- the structure of the upper edge of the prostate (with adenoma, it is not palpable)
- mobility of the mucous layers of the rectum,
- density, consistency of gland tissue,
- exclude or confirm the presence of dense foci that may indicate the transformation of glandular clots into cancers.
An ultrasound examination of the prostate gland helps determine the size of the glandular mass, its localization, and structure. Ultrasound examination is the most informative diagnostic method, it can be carried out in two ways:
- transabdominal method. The abdominal cavity is scanned. It helps to identify the stage of pathology, but it is an uninformative method,
- transrectal way. It is produced by scanning tissue through the rectum. The sensor is inserted directly into the anus, which allows you to accurately determine the nature of the formation, to exclude the presence of prostatitis, which causes similar symptoms.
Ultrasound for the diagnosis of adenoma is the most reliable, therefore this method is used most often.
How do TRUS prostate read in our article.
Examination of the flow of urine is a way of determining the nature and extent of impaired urination. Uroflowmetry helps to determine the rate of urination, to assess the condition of the urinary tract.
Diagnosis is done using special equipment as well as at home. In addition to the speed of urination, the amount of residual urine is determined.
The research method is performed on an outpatient basis in order to study the condition of the lower urinary tract. The procedure involves maintaining a cystoscope (optical tube) through the urethra into the bladder.
With the help of cystoscopy, the nature of the course of the disease is revealed, it is determined that the size of the prostate is enlarged, a change in the structure of the neck of the bladder and other anatomical anomalies. In addition, the study helps to identify concomitant pathologies of the bladder, including stones, tumors, diverticulosis, and others.
With the introduction of a contrast agent during the study, it is possible to study the state of the blood around the bladder.
MRI of the prostate is an additional study, whether it is worth doing, the doctor decides directly. In this case, the proliferation of glandular tissue is studied. The method is especially effective at an early stage of the disease, when it is quite difficult to identify the pathology by other methods due to the lack of pronounced symptoms.
MRI can be performed by the classical method, where additional preparation for the study is not required, as well as using an endorectal coil, when a device in the form of a flexible wire is inserted into the rectum.
When diagnosing prostate adenoma, it is important to determine the value of a specific prostatic antigen in the blood. This antigen is produced by the prostate gland and is concentrated in the ducts.
An insignificant amount of this antigen enters the bloodstream, therefore its increased level in the blood may indicate the presence of inflammatory processes, as well as other pathological changes, including malignant neoplasms.
Can be done to check for malignancy. Seals of glandular tissues can be detected with a palpation method of research, as well as with other diagnostic methods. In addition, with a high PSA level, the doctor can conduct a biopsy to exclude cancers.
Prostate tissue is most often taken through the membrane of the rectum using a special needle under local or general short-term anesthesia. Tissue fragments are taken from 6-8 places of the gland.
The consequence of a biopsy can be infectious processes, bleeding, pain, swelling, allergic reactions. Any symptoms go away within a week.
If after seven days the consequences do not go away, you should consult a doctor.
The appointment of diagnostic measures for the detection of prostate adenoma is prescribed by a doctor in accordance with the stage of the disease.
Can a disease be cured quickly and simply completely?
Prostate adenoma can be completely eliminated in case of its timely detection, as well as in the absence of serious complications caused by pathological processes.
Treatment of prostate adenoma includes a complex of therapeutic measures. The earlier the disease is detected, the more effective its treatment. Combined therapy for prostate adenoma may include The following modern treatments:
- drug therapy
- laser therapy
- embolization of blood vessels and arteries.
Non-surgical treatment is an integral part of complex therapy.
It is aimed at eliminating the causes, as well as the symptoms of the disease. Improving the tone of the bladder, eliminating urination disorders, accelerating metabolic processes in the organs of the urinary system is provided with the help of drugs - alpha - blockers.
Via 5-alpha reductase inhibitors can stop the growth of the prostate gland.
Herbal preparations can reduce swelling and inflammation of the prostate and bladder, improve urination.
Hormonal drugs help reduce the negative effects of testosterone on the prostate gland.
Blood vessel embolization
This method of treatment is the least traumatic and the most modern and progressive. He provides stopping the nutrition of pathologically developing glandular tissue, leading to the death of her cells. The size of the prostate gland is reduced, the work of the urinary system is normalized.
Given that the treatment method is quite new, there are still few clinics in Russia where vascular embolization can be performed with adenoma. This method can only be used in large cities. The operation can be performed at the Center for Endovascular Surgery, or at the Department of Urology of the Russian Emergencies Ministry in Moscow.
Despite the effectiveness of the treatment of adenoma by embolization of blood vessels, in some cases there may be slight difficulties with the excretion of a contrast medium: under the supervision of a doctor, the marker is quickly eliminated from the body.
Keep in mind that embolization provides a significant number of contraindicationsTherefore, an extended examination is performed before the procedure. Rehabilitation is quick and without complications.
How to reduce PSA in prostate adenoma?
To reduce PSA with adenoma, the cause of pathological processes in the prostate gland should be eliminated.
For this, the optimal treatment regimen is selected. With the elimination of enlarged glandular formation in the prostate, the production of prostate antigen is normalized.
Reducing the growth of adenoma and normalizing urination occurs as a result of properly selected treatment of adenoma.
In addition, it is important stick to low fat meals. It is useful to include in the daily diet foods rich in lycopene: apricots, tomatoes, which protect tissues from the adverse effects of internal and external environment.
Adenoma treatment with devices
Devices for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma at home can be used exclusively after examination and with the approval of a doctor.
Devices are transrectal (act through the walls of the rectum) and non-invasive (act through the abdominal cavity). The most effective are transrectal devices.
To enhance efficiency devices can be used additional medical devices.
Thus, treatment of prostate adenoma can be quite effective with a modern approach and the latest treatment methods. The key to complete recovery and the absence of complications is the early detection and treatment of pathology.
Learn more about vascular embolization in prostate adenoma from the video:
Any disease of the prostate gland leads to male sexual health problems. Prostate adenoma is a common disease among the male population of the planet. According to WHO statistics, every third man in the world over the age of 40 is susceptible to this disease or has prerequisites for its occurrence. Urologists celebrate the annual "rejuvenation" of the disease. Treatment of prostate adenoma includes various methods of "fighting" with this ailment.
What is prostate adenoma
Prostate adenoma is a common male disease, manifested in the form of nodular growth of tissues, the appearance of neoplasms, and enlargement of the gland. This disrupts the ability of the normal physiological process of urine output due to narrowing of the sphincter.
But the difficulty in committing the act of urination is not the only nuisance that arises with prostate adenoma, and patients with this disease also get kidney failure, which increases the poisoning of the body by toxins. The work of the stomach worsens, disturbances in the activity of the liver and excretory system occur.Signs of gastritis, cholecystitis, colitis and other diseases appear.
The urinary system ceases to function normally, which causes the accumulation of harmful nitrogenous substances in the body. For the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, various methods are used, non-surgical are gentle for the body.
Minimally invasive treatments
- The expansion of the urethra with a can, which expands the urethra and contributes to the normal outflow of urine. The duration of the effect of the procedure is up to 6 months.
- Stenting. It differs from the insertion of the cannula in that an elastic durable stent is inserted into the urethra, which expands the urethral lumen, improving the ability to excrete urine. The stent is installed for a different period of use, both temporarily and permanently.
- Local thermal effects on certain areas of the gland. With the help of devices with various types of radiation: ultrasound, radio and microwave. The radiation temperature is selected individually in the range of 40 - 120 ° C and destroys only the focus of diseased cells without damaging healthy tissue.
- Thermoablation provides for the action on the iron of ultrasonic waves of a certain range - from 50 to 100 kHz. This method destroys diseased cells, they die after the procedure.
- Laser vaporization is based on the impact on the problem area of the directed laser beam. As a result of the procedure, liquid evaporates from the cells, the surface of the wound heals, and the size of the gland decreases.
- Embolization of the arteries of the prostate gland is the newest method of non-surgical treatment. When used with special medical spherical devices, they block the arteries, stopping the access of nutrients to the gland. Due to a decrease in nutrition, the iron “loses weight” and is blown away.
Urologist selects minimally invasive methods for treating prostate adenoma individually for each patient.
In the treatment of adenoma, various medications are used:
- Alpha blockers. They act on the muscles around the urethra, relaxing them and promoting the excretion of urine. Improvements are noticeable just a few days after treatment with omnichrome - a new effective drug.
- 5-alpha reductase inhibitors that reduce the production of the hormone dihydrotestosterone, which affects the growth of prostate cells. Preparations of this group are taken for a long time - 3-4 months.
- In mistletoe, drugs based on white mistletoe are used. The plant is rich in alkaloids and activates the immune system, which destroys swollen and inflamed cells.
- In photodynamic treatment, sensitizing drugs are used intravenously, which remain in the tumor cells longer than in healthy cells. Further, under the influence of a laser beam of a certain length, a biochemical reaction occurs in these cells with the formation of oxygen free radicals that locally destroy the tumor.
- In systemic peptide therapy, biologically active substances - peptides - are used. Drugs with their content contribute to the restoration of the antitumor immune defense of the body and reduce the risk of the dynamics of the disease. Active peptides kill tumor cells.
Treatment of prostate adenoma with folk remedies
Alternative medicine is diverse, and their recipes are passed on by word of mouth for hundreds of years. Here are some recipes for treating prostate adenoma subject to an established diagnosis:
- Fir oil gives a good result. 5-6 drops of oil are added to body cream, and the crotch is lubricated daily with this mass. Ointment is not applied to the scrotum and anus.
- Decoction of fir bark: 2 tbsp. tablespoons of shallow bark pour - 200 ml of water, warm in a water bath for 35 - 40 minutes, cool. Drink 0.5 cups 30 minutes before meals twice a day for 14 days.
- Herbal mixture of white mistletoe, burdock root, corn stigmas, goose cinquefoil, pepper mountaineer. Mix 15 g of each herb, and pour 1 tablespoon of the mixture with boiling water 200 ml. Cool naturally. Take up to 3 glasses daily for a month.
- There are pumpkin seeds. They contain a trace element zinc. It interferes with cell growth and swelling of the gland.
Surgical methods are used in cases of large prostate size and the duration of the disease, as well as at a later stage of tumor development. They are produced in stationary conditions after examination.
There are the following methods for surgical solution of the problem:
- Transurethral resection (TUR). This method is more effective than other options for surgery, a positive result is observed in 90 out of 100 patients. Tumor cells are removed under anesthesia with a special device, and urination improves 3-4 days after surgery.
- Transurethral incision (TUI) is used with a small enlargement of the gland and is considered a gentle surgical procedure - after it, patients do not have complications. At the time of surgery, several incisions are made on the prostate gland, with the help of which the cause of difficulty urinating is eliminated. Sometimes a repeated procedure is required to completely cure the patient.
- Open adenomectomy is effective in cases of large prostate size. In addition, experts recommend the use of such treatment if the patient has complications: stones in the bladder, tissue damage by stones, narrow lumen of the urethra. When performing a surgical operation, the doctor performs a skin incision in the lower abdomen to "get" to the diseased gland. Adenomectomy involves the removal of the inside of the gland.
Stages of Prostate Adenoma
According to medical analyzes and clinical studies, three stages of the development of the disease are revealed:
Stage 1 - compensated - is determined by a weak stream of urine during urination. There is a frequent desire to go to the toilet, especially at night. Complete bladder emptying occurs with the help of the detrusor - the muscular wall of the bladder and its ability to perform compensatory contractions. The duration of the first stage is purely individual, sometimes up to 10-12 years.
Stage 2 - subcompensated. At this stage, significant compression of the bladder disrupts the urinary system, does not evenly "pulsate" the walls of the bladder at the time of emptying. Symptoms of "not empty" bladder are manifested, the act of urination is performed in several stages, in small portions, spontaneous excretion of urine and its incontinence appear. At this stage, kidney failure begins to develop.
Stage 3 - decompensated - is manifested by stagnation of a large amount of urine in the bladder, the walls of which are stretched because of this, involuntary emptying, - drop by drop, pain. The general condition of the body worsens, weakness, blood loss, weight loss, lack of appetite, constipation, anemia, and the release of urine vapor with breathing appear.