Does prostatitis affect the conception of a child: the effect of prostatitis on the body and the features of conception
Sexual disorders are a common symptom in chronic prostatitis, moreover, they should not be considered as a manifestation of CP, but as its complication.
A long course of the inflammatory process in the prostate gland in the absence of adequate treatment is fraught with development spermagglutination (sperm bonding), which is a reason for impaired fertility.
Is it possible to conceive a child with chronic prostatitis? We will talk about this in the future.
Can I have sex with chronic prostatitis? Stable sex life is prevention and treatment chronic prostatitis. But only in measured normal mode to relieve sexual arousal.
Long and repetitive ejaculation episodes with one sexual intercourse, on the contrary, they can only aggravate the situation, and abstinence for a long time not only interferes with treatment, but can also aggravate the inflammatory process.
The problem for many men to fulfill their conjugal duty is sexual disorders that develop against chronic prostatitis. The clinical picture of sexual disorders is diverse even in one patient at different stages of the disease.
Most often identified:
- accelerated ejaculation,
- oppression of sexual desire,
- erection disorder.
Some researchers believe that sexual dysfunction in chronic prostatitis develops in stages.
First, premature ejaculation occurs, then, problems with an erection, and, as a result, decreased libido.
According to statistics chronic prostatitis reduces the frequency of sexual intercourse in 85% patients and in 43% In some cases, a man completely abandons sexual relations, thereby only exacerbating his illness.
Concerning, lower libidothen in most % cases, its weakening occurs on the background of mental disorders, mainly associated with erectile dysfunction.
It is important to make it clear to the man that a measured sexual life with chronic prostatitis necessary for successful treatment.
Violation fertility (fertilization ability) with chronic prostatitis may be due to the following causes associated with the disease:
- impaired sperm motility,
- inhibition of spermatogenesis,
- bonding of sperm.
The development of the above conditions contributes to the current inflammatory process in the prostate gland, which impairs the quality of the reproductive system. Male infertility often develops with CP caused by ureaplasma or Escherichia coli.
Usually, infertility, arising against the background of chronic prostatitis, is not absolute and in most cases the causes contributing to it can be corrected.
Can I get pregnant with chronic prostatitis? Chronic prostatitis and pregnancy - compatible things.
But, at the planning stage, a man is shown a complete examination and a number of therapeutic measures:
- antibiotic therapy for chronic bacterial etiology,
- anti-inflammatory therapy
- hormone therapy
- filling the lack of minerals and vitamins,
- correction of immunological disorders,
- restoration of patency of the vas deferens.
If the patient has a psychological disorder that impedes conception (decreased libido, impaired potency) - in this case, it is necessary psychotherapy.
Go directly to the process of conception only after successful treatment and for some time after it, necessary to restore the body. Experts recommend waiting with conception 2 months after therapy.
As for the effect of prostatitis on pregnancy, the relationship between spontaneous abortion and chronic inflammation prostate is not installed. However, the constant carriage of genital infection can activate the synthesis of prostaglandins in a pregnant woman, which can cause miscarriage and an increase in uterine tone.
Danger of disease
Before you determine how prostatitis affects the conception of a child, you need to find out what this disease is insidious. As mentioned above, inflammation of the prostate can lead to many serious health problems. This is due to the fact that this organ is very important in the work of the human body. Despite the fact that the disease is male, it can also threaten women.
The prostate is responsible for the following functions:
- produces ejaculate
- takes part in the exchange of certain substances,
- regulates the blood circulation of the internal organs of the pelvic area.
As a result of some unfavorable external factors or various infections in the gland, pathogenic processes begin that disrupt its normal functioning. From here the direct effect of prostatitis on the conception of a child is created. As the disease progresses, harmful microorganisms penetrate further through the genitourinary system, affecting the soft tissues of the testicles, urea, and urethra, resulting in scarring, which makes it difficult to remove waste products and the movement of sperm along the urethra. Thus, the man’s chances of becoming a father are greatly reduced.
In the absence of treatment, the blood circulation of other internal organs is disturbed and stagnant processes develop, from which, in turn, the whole organism suffers. How does prostatitis affect conception? Even if potency persists, pathogenic microflora leads to a change in the chemical composition of sperm. It contains bacteria, so if a woman succeeds in becoming pregnant, the fetus may not develop properly, and the baby will be born with any abnormalities. There is also a great risk of miscarriage or ectopic localization of a fertilized egg.
We answered the question of whether prostatitis affects the conception of a child, but how can it be dangerous for a woman? If the sexual partner suffers from this ailment, then the pathogenic microflora penetrates the girl's body, as a result of which bacteria and toxins infect the soft tissues of the vagina. Against this background, various pathologies very often develop, among which the most dangerous are inflammation of the Bartholin gland, endometritis, salpingoophoritis and obstruction of the fallopian tubes.
If the prostatitis in a man acquires a chronic form, then in this case the probability of a successful recovery is greatly reduced, and dangerous consequences may also develop. In this case, a benign formation can develop into a malignant tumor. In this case, drug therapy is useless and requires surgical intervention.
Pathology and male reproductive ability
Let's dwell on this in more detail. Does prostatitis affect conception? This has already been said above. The ailment leads to the fact that the husband and wife for a long time can not have a child. It seems that attempts to conceive are made in accordance with all the recommendations of specialists, but there is no result. According to doctors, even if a man has no erectile dysfunction, fertilization may not occur, since infected sperm cells simply die before they reach the egg.
There can be many reasons for unsuccessful conceptions, but all of them are directly related to inflammation of the prostate gland. The disease develops slowly and very often can occur without pronounced and intense symptoms. However, from the very beginning of its appearance, damage to the soft and muscle tissues occurs, leading to structural changes. In addition, infections lead to the development of other pathologies that worsen the well-being of a person and significantly complicate the treatment.
Prostatitis and conception are also interrelated also because medications are used to treat the disease, some of which have a negative effect on the life cycle of sperm. To minimize the likelihood of complications and increase the chances of a successful pregnancy, treatment should be timely and effective. It is important to understand that even if the man’s prostate is partially or completely removed, the possibility of conceiving a baby remains.
Prostatitis and female reproductive ability
How prostatitis affects conception in the case of men, we examined, but is there a relationship between the prostate and the ability to reproduce in the fair half of humanity? The answer is quite obvious. As already mentioned, pathogenic microorganisms that live in the bladder and urethra can penetrate the vagina and lead to the development of many serious pathologies. The worst thing about this is that even after complex therapy, the likelihood of becoming pregnant is significantly reduced. This is due not only to prostatitis in the spouse, but also to the negative effect of certain drugs on the female body.
The most dangerous is an ectopic pregnancy, which very often leads to a halt in the development of the fetus or miscarriage. But even if a woman manages to normally carry the baby until birth, there is no guarantee that he will be born healthy. In addition, disorders of the vaginal microflora can develop such ailments as cystitis, inflammation of the urethra, severe intoxication, vaginitis and others.
In the absence of timely treatment, a man develops chronic prostatitis. The influence on conception in this case is the greatest, because with the progression of the disease in the partner, the woman can become infected with a bacterial infection, which will lead to changes in soft tissues and other negative consequences.
Inflammation of the prostate gland occurs in various forms: bacterial, non-bacterial, chronic or in the form of prostatodynia.
The most dangerous and almost incurable is considered chronic prostatitis, which often develops latently. Spouses can try to conceive a child for many years, without even noticing that the potentially father has serious problems with the prostate.
Meanwhile, under the influence of treacherous pathology, the spouse's libido drops noticeably, he is no longer drawn to feats in bed, he loses interest in this side of family life, and when he ejaculates instead of an orgasm, the man begins to experience pain in the perineum.
Inflammation develops for various reasons, its causative agents may be viruses or bacteria. Also, factors such as promiscuous sexual relationships, unhealthy habits and physical overloads, unhealthy diets and frequent stresses, hypothermia, etc. can also provoke prostatic inflammation. Although pathology has a negative effect on the husband’s seminal fluid, the wife’s pregnancy is likely if inflammation is non-infectious.
How prostatitis affects fertility
The fact that prostatitis and conception are difficult to combine is known to many, but why this happens and why this effect is dangerous. The ability of male sperm to penetrate into the female cell is due to many factors, such as activity and stage of prostatic inflammation, as well as the spread of the inflammatory process to neighboring organs adjacent to the prostate, which also have a certain significance for conception and fertility in general.
With inflammation of the structures responsible for the secretion or production of germ cells, ensuring their maturation and mobility, male fertility is seriously impaired, fertility decreases. Not always an excellent erection and good gynecological health can provide a couple with a successful conception for prostatitis. Chronic inflammation with a hidden course activates a lot of pathological processes, including chronic genital dysfunction.
Any inflammation is manifested by painful symptoms, fever and hyperthermic reactions, swelling, etc. But for sperm, the most dangerous condition is precisely hyperthermia, because excessive heat leads to non-viability of sperm. The problem is that the man tries to avoid visits to the urologist, considering this a shameful occupation. It is especially difficult for men to visit a doctor regarding problems with fertility or an erection, because it is psychologically difficult for a strong half to tell the doctor about sexual problems. But as a result of such a visit, the doctor will be able to quickly find the optimal treatment regimen, which will save the patient from many problems.
Prostatitis Fertility Problems
To understand whether it is possible to conceive a child with prostatitis, you need to understand how the disease affects a man. Fertility is most affected by acute, chronic and bacterial forms of prostatitis. Bacterial prostatic inflammation occurs against the background of unprotected sexual intercourse when pathogens such as ureaplasma, trichomonads or gonococcus, etc. enter the patient's body. These microorganisms penetrate the gland tissue, multiply actively in it and provoke the formation of inflammatory foci, as a result of which bacterial prostatitis forms.
The body responds to inflammation with the sharp activity of leukocyte production. These cells are sent to inflammatory foci to destroy pathogenic bacterial microorganisms, as a result of which toxic components accumulate in the prostate. But since men avoid doctors and prefer to be treated on their own, very often they take the wrong drugs, only exacerbating their condition.
As a result, active reproduction of microflora continues, which spreads to other tissues of the reproductive system, including testicles. Also, toxic substances released by microorganisms damage the walls of the vas deferens, where scars form and narrowing of the lumen occurs. As a result, sperm can no longer penetrate the prostate, where they must be diluted with prostatic secretion, and the total number of sperm is also reduced. If pathology is not treated, then bacterial prostatitis is chronic.
This is where it becomes clear how prostatitis affects conception. Externally, the man looks healthy, and his prostatic symptoms do not bother him, until an exacerbation occurs. But in the body at this time, the inflammatory process and pathological changes continue, and in addition, the pathogen continues to multiply. As a result, the picture is not very favorable: sperm die due to toxic effects, the prostatic secretion changes, which glues sperm and not dilutes them, there is a violation of low-pelvic circulation and erectile dysfunction develops.
The effect of prostatitis on a woman
In addition to the question of whether it is possible to become pregnant with prostatitis, women should worry about how prostatic inflammation affects their gynecological and reproductive health.
- When having sexual intercourse with a partner with infectious prostatitis, along with the ejaculate, pathogens, their toxins and other pathogens penetrate into the woman's vagina.
- Changes in pH on the mucous tissues of the genital structures begin.
- Such processes impede the advancement of sperm, and also seriously reduce the immunity of women, creating simply ideal conditions for the penetration and reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms that provoke female diseases.
In addition, against the background of the penetration of pathogens from men, girls may experience pathologies such as endometritis and tubal obstruction, adnexitis and bartholinitis. These pathological conditions negatively affect the ability to have children. Therefore, we can say that the inflammation that develops in a man in the prostate adversely affects female sexual and reproductive health.
The danger of prostatitis to fetal development
According to statistics, about 2% of newborn babies die in the first days of life. In most cases, intrauterine pathologies become the cause of death. The presence of prostatic inflammation in the father of the child can just lead to the development of such intrauterine pathologies. With prostatitis, you can have children, but the risk is very high that the pregnancy will end unsuccessfully or the baby will be born with serious congenital pathologies.
The question whether prostatitis affects the conception of a child is asked by more than one married couple. The very fact of conception may or may not happen. It all depends on how much the man is sick, what form of inflammation he has, whether there are complications, etc. Also, conception with prostatitis may not happen for such a trivial reason as lack of sexual intimacy. After all, inflammation negatively affects erectile functions, causing painful sensations with proximity and ejaculation, burning and itchy feelings, frequent urinary urges, premature ejaculation, etc.
It is possible to identify the presence of reproductive problems that have arisen against the background of prostatic inflammation with the help of sperm analysis, which will show low activity of germ cells, insufficient sperm count in the ejaculate, etc. But this picture may not occur in all patients.
The probability of a missed pregnancy
The fetus is particularly vulnerable to bacterial and other pathogenic microorganisms in the first weeks of gestation, until about 9-10 weeks, while the placenta has not yet formed. It is known that the crumbs provide complete protection against negative external influences throughout the entire period of gestation.
Can I get pregnant if my husband has prostatitis? Yes, but during sexual intercourse with such a man, even if the baby is conceived fully, prostatic pathogens penetrate inside with sperm, spread throughout the female genital area and negatively affect the development of the still immature fetus.
As a result of such an impact, the processes of fetal development are stopped, the embryo dies right inside the female body, and pregnancy freezes. As a result, a miscarriage may occur or the girl will need to undergo surgical cleaning.
Ectopic due to inflammation of the prostate
There is another dangerous condition, how does prostatitis affect conception, which is associated with ectopic implantation of the ovum.
- Most often, the embryo is fixed to the fallopian tubes, although it is likely to be fixed to the ovaries, neck, etc.
- If, with sexual intimacy, pathogenic microorganisms and toxins from a partner with a prostatitis penetrated into the female body, then the risk of developing an inflammatory process in the tissues of the uterus and fallopian tubes increases.
- And the inflammatory process in the genitals of a woman is one of the triggers for the development of an ectopic pregnancy.
This condition can endanger the patient’s life, especially if the fallopian tube ruptures. If the patient does not receive timely medical help, then a fatal outcome is inevitable. Therefore, the early detection of this pathology and the extraction of an abnormally fixed fetal egg is important even before it grows and breaks the walls of the fallopian tube.
Is it possible to conceive a healthy child
Is it possible to have children if a man has prostatic inflammation. The onset of pregnancy is likely. But it is better for a man to undergo an examination in advance to find out the presence of a pathology that prevents conception. With prostate, it is possible to conceive a child, but there is no guarantee that the pregnancy will be full-term or the child will be born healthy.
If the spouse suffers from prostatic inflammation, then pathogenic microorganisms will be found in the replaced fluid. In this case, it is better to refuse conception, because such a condition of a man harms fertilization. Conception in such a condition is fraught with pathologies of pregnancy, and a woman's health is at unnecessary risk.
Will pregnancy occur after varicocele surgery: studies related to pregnancy after varicocele
Dutch researchers wanted to find out whether the chances of pregnancy after varicocele surgery are increasing.
- Ten randomized controlled trials were conducted. They were attended by a total of 900 men who could not conceive children. The reason for the low birth rate was unclear.
- Most men had poor quality sperm.
The results of the study showed:
- 32 out of 100 women became pregnant after their partner's varicocele was cured. In other words, pregnancy after varicocele surgery does not always occur.
- 16 out of 100 women became pregnant during the year, although their partner did not treat varicocele.
These figures are averages and are taken from various studies.
Questions that men with a diagnosis of varicocele often ask doctors:
- How much after varicocele can I get pregnant? Improving sperm parameters in a husband can take from 3 to 6 months. After this period, the wife may become pregnant.
- Can I get pregnant with varicocele? It is possible, especially if the varicocele is in the initial stage. Male fertility depends on the number of spermatozoa in the ejaculate, their motility, the content of leukocytes, red blood cells, normal forms of sperm and other parameters. Preferred candidates for varicocele removal surgery are men with a low sperm count (15-20 million in 1 ml). A woman should also be examined by a gynecologist before surgery is performed on her partner.
Any varicocele surgery can have side effects. Patient reviews mention bruises, infections, dropsy of the testicle, and damage to blood vessels.
Varicocelectomy (surgery on varicocele) is an unpleasant step in a man’s life, and not everyone will decide on it, knowing that not a single doctor will give a 100% guarantee of the result (pregnancy and childbirth in a woman). The role of the procedure in improving male reproductive function with signs of varicocele has been discussed in medicine for a long time.
Some studies have shown improved fertility after varicocele surgery, while others do not show a relationship between varicocele and conception. In search of an answer, specialists at the Cleveland Clinic for Reproductive Medicine undertook a meta-analysis of existing data in the medical literature.
Surgical excision of the spermatic cord veins in infertile patients with perceptible varicose testis and at least one “unhealthy” sperm parameter improves the chances of a spontaneous pregnancy.
With varicocele in men, varicocelectomy is a much more effective health aid than vitamins, medications, or expert advice from forums under the slogan “we’re at home.” That is why urologists repeat the mantra to patients "only surgery will help with the problem of varicocele."
Varicocele is a common violation of the state of the veins at the site of the papillary plexus in the scrotum. Distinguish between primary and secondary varicocele.
- The first is characterized by the absence of valves in the testicular vein or congenital weakness of the venous wall.
- The development of the secondary occurs due to pathological processes that disrupt the outflow of blood from the testicle.
Diagnosis of varicocele is based on a combination of a medical examination of the patient and a medical history. To confirm the diagnosis of infertility, you need to make a spermogram. Only palpable varicocele has a probable relationship with infertility. Most studies show an improvement in sperm quality (15 to 15 percent) and fertility after treating a person with varicocele.
Intrauterine fertilization (WMO) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) or intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) are the most common options for helping with varicocele and infertility in men. Choosing the right option depends on:
- if a woman has indications or contraindications for IVF,
- pain and other unpleasant symptoms due to varicocele at the time available for conception.
Varicocelectomy is in most cases a potentially more cost-effective option for varicocele infertility compared with IVF + ICSI. The goal of surgical treatment for varicocele is to prevent reflux (blood flow in the opposite direction to the normal flow). After the affected vein has been ligated or filled with special items, blood can no longer flow back into the testicle. And the function of a bandaged vein will be taken over by healthy ones.
The presence of varicocele can lead to a progressive decrease in sperm parameters and impaired spermatogenesis - the process of sperm maturation in the testis.
Currently, many men suffer from infertility, so in marriage women very often wonder how to check a man for infertility. Indeed, the responsibility for conception in most cases lies with the male part of the family.
If such a difficulty arose, then both spouses should contact a specialist to make sure that the problem is with the man. The main cause of male infertility is considered obstruction of the vas deferens and psychological factors. But you should not engage in self-diagnosis and therefore it is necessary not to delay the visit to the doctor.
To determine male infertility, it is best to pass a few spermograms. To obtain reliable results, a man must follow certain rules.
Before the examination for a couple of days, you must refrain:
- from having sex,
- from drugs
- from alcohol
- from smoking
- from overheating of the testicles,
- from coffee.
To test for male infertility, sperm is collected in a special bowl in an equipped room in the laboratory.
To get sperm, a man must masturbate. The analysis may be unreliable if the sperm was obtained as a result of interrupted intercourse or was brought to the laboratory in a condom.
In no case should you try to independently diagnose yourself at home. It is worthwhile to understand that even high-precision instruments make mistakes, and not always the analysis from the first try can show the final truthful result.
When a question arises regarding infertility, the following also arises: "Which doctor should I go to?" First of all, you need to contact a urologist, after an initial examination and questioning, he will direct you for examination. This procedure includes several steps that will help determine if a man is infertile or not.
»Alt =» Sperm analysis »w>
- First stage. It includes the following procedures:
- Study of the patient’s life, health and medical history. The doctor conducts a conversation with a man, looks at the tests that were passed earlier. He will surely find out whether urological diseases, diseases of the reproductive system were previously transferred, and the man has ever been treated for a sexually transmitted infection, as well as whether there are chronic diseases. Specifies how long the conception does not occur, whether the partner had abortions, and so on. But it is worthwhile to understand that a single history study will not be enough, and therefore it is necessary to take all the tests.
- Spermogram. It is a must. When fixing changes in semen, it is recommended that several repeated submissions of the analysis be carried out at least two weeks later.
- MAR test. Helps identify the exact number of sperm that are not suitable for fertilization. If the result exceeds 50%, then the diagnosis of immunological infertility is made.
- Linked immunosorbent assay. Helps determine the titer of antisperm antibodies.
- Consultation with an andrologist. Helps determine the severity of secondary sexual characteristics, examine the penis, testicles and mammary glands in men.
- Cytological analysis. Provides reliable information about the distant urethra and seminal vesicles.
- Analysis for the detection of bacteria in the secretion of the prostate gland. Blood is also given for biochemistry and a general analysis, the blood group and the Rh factor are determined. An analysis to determine the level of male hormone testosterone.
- Second phase. If after the first stage it was not possible to find out the causes of infertility, the doctor prescribes the next stage, which includes:
"Alt =" Follicle-stimulating hormone analysis "w>
- Analysis for follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, testosterone, sex hormone binding globulin.
- Ultrasound scrotum. Helps detect structural changes and pathology of the appendages, testicles and prostate gland.
- TRUS method. Helps detect changes in seminal vesicles.
- Doppler study.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay in conjunction with polymerase chain reaction.
- Research at the genetic level.
- Sperm centrifuge study.
- Examination of urine obtained after ejaculation.
- Testicular biopsy.
To avoid the risk of having an unhealthy baby, pregnancy must be carefully planned. And if there are any problems, then you must definitely seek help from a specialist and a full examination. Analyzes will help show any abnormalities that occur in the body. Be sure to pass the examination together with your partner before conception to make sure that you can conceive a child, and she can bear it.
»Alt =» Consultation with a urologist »w>
Do not be afraid of doctors and ignore their visits, because the sooner you can find a problem, the easier it will be to solve. If you still let the situation go by chance, then you must understand that then it will be more difficult to cure you, and no one will guarantee that the child will be completely healthy.
Therefore, approach your male health with full responsibility and understanding of the situation, because male infertility in most cases, if it is not neglected and is not congenital, can be cured. The main thing is to have patience and support for your soulmate.
If you are unable to conceive a child due to any psychological problems, then you definitely need to contact a psychotherapist and sex therapist who will help unravel such a tangled tangle.
But you should not avoid tests that will help make sure that you have no problems with the physical development and proper functioning of the genitals, prostate gland and testicles.
If you decide to cure male infertility, you should not only follow the recommendations of a specialist, undergo treatment, but also pay attention to your life and be sure to make some adjustments.
Prostatitis can be acute and chronic. Only in 10% of cases we are talking about the infectious and inflammatory nature of the pathological process.In the remaining 90% of clinical situations, a degenerative form of pathology is observed, during which the organ mutates and ceases to perform its functions normally.
According to statistics, about 60% of all men suffering from lesions of the prostate gland have problems with fertility. In practice, this means the impossibility of a normal conception until a cure occurs. Additionally, restoration measures will be required. What you need to know about the relationship of prostate diseases and infertility?
The prostate performs a number of important functions:
- Barrier. It prevents reflux (throwing urine back into the bladder), ensures normal flow and evacuation of urine.
- Promotes adequate ejaculation.
- The secreting function or function of producing prostate juice. This task is the most important, because it is thanks to the secretion of the prostate that fertilization of the egg is possible.
Prostate juice in itself has a ton of features:
- Nourishes and protects sperm. As soon as germ cells go beyond the body, they find themselves in an aggressive external environment. They need the protection and support that the prostate juice provides. The secret is a kind of "airbag".
- The secret has a bactericidal effect, due to which the cells successfully overcome the distance from the vas deferens to the egg.
- Prostate juice neutralizes the acidic environment of the male urethra. After all, acid is death for healthy sperm.
Factors of the effects of prostatitis on male fertility are numerous:
- First of all, there is a lesion of germ cells with toxic substances that are abundantly produced during the life of the pathogenic flora. We are talking about the bacterial form of the disease, but sometimes we have to talk about its other varieties, when the bacterial lesion appears secondary to the main process.
- Prostatitis does not come alone. So to say, paraphrasing a famous saying. Testicles (testicles) also often suffer. Disruptions in the work of the testicles are always accompanied by abrupt changes in the hormonal background. The result is a decrease in the production of specific male androgen hormones. First of all, testosterone synthesis suffers. There is a direct relationship between the concentration of male sex hormone and spermatogenesis (see “The Effect of Testosterone Level on Conception”).
- Some types of bacterial pathogens can produce oxygen in active forms. It is a deadly oxidizing agent that destroys sperm by oxidizing the cell wall. The result is a reduction in the number of healthy germ cells that can fertilize an egg.
- A long course of prostate pathology leads to secondary inflammation of the seminal vesicles - vesiculitis. Both described diseases lead to scarring of the vas deferens. The result - only part of the seed is ejected into the urethral canal. According to studies, for normal fertilization requires at least 3-5 ml of sperm, in every milliliter - at least 20 million cells. This is the only way to count on adequate fertilization.
- As a result of exposure to germ cells of viral agents, waste products of bacteria and the like, spontaneous sperm mutations are possible. A decrease in sperm viability and a decrease in the number of healthy cells is a natural ending. Even worse, if one of these sperm cells still fertilizes the egg. There is a high probability of mutations and defects already in the fetus.
- According to recent studies, any form of prostatitis reduces the number of healthy sperm by almost a quarter at least. The reason is complex.
- There is an increase in acidity of the prostate juice. The reasons are in violation of the secretion, as well as in the release of a large amount of toxins into the juice structure. The result is the death of most of the germ cells.
- There is a decrease in the nutritional and protective properties of prostate juice. The desired number of cells does not reach the egg.
- Prostatitis makes it impossible to perform normal sexual intercourse, as it reduces erectile function. The penis is either not strong enough to have sexual intercourse, or ejaculation is too early.
Depending on the severity of the described disorders, oligozoospermia is noted in case of prostatitis, when viable spermatozoa become insufficient, necrosperosmia, when there are no spermatozoa suitable for fertilization at all. In some cases, a situation is possible when the germ cells are not sufficiently mobile - asthenozoospermia. There is relative infertility. This effect is exerted by both acute and chronic forms of the disease.
Read on: How much to drink before conceiving a man and how much is it important?
Does the presence of prostatitis in the anamnesis suggest that you can say goodbye to childbirth forever? Fortunately not. We are talking about relative infertility. That is, sexual function is restored as soon as the patient undergoes a timely and adequate course of treatment for the disease. However, you should hurry. With long-term ongoing chronic prostatitis, sperm antibodies (ASAT) begin to be produced in the body. This is a factor in the development of immunological infertility. This form of condition is treated extremely poorly. Such infertility is closer to absolute. If immunological infertility in women can be corrected by IVF (but only 40% is successful at best), in men, immunological impairment of fertility is resistant to many types of therapy and is almost untreated.
Read further: Preparing a man for conception: basic aspects
The effect of prostatitis on infertility is diverse. It is always negative in nature, therefore it requires urgent correction. Otherwise, the state goes into a resistant form and you can forget about the successful conception. Do not neglect your health. It is recommended to contact a urologist andrologist in a timely manner and begin the course of treatment. So the forecast will be as favorable as possible.
Many causes can lead to the development of prostatic inflammation, however, its timely detection and treatment is of the utmost importance. Why is this so important? Prostatitis can lead to very unpleasant consequences, not only in relation to men's health, but also to women's, and even their children.
- The prostate is extremely important for the work of the whole man’s body, because it performs a lot of vital functions: it takes a major part in seed production, testosterone metabolism, and also regulates low-pelvic blood circulation. When the prostate becomes inflamed under the influence of pathogenic microflora, toxins are released that penetrate the tissue of the testicles, narrow the duct through which the seminal fluid passes, and provokes the formation of scars. As a result, the entry of sperm into the prostate is difficult, and many also die under the influence of toxins. As a result, the nature of the secret changes, the remaining viable sperm are glued together, which practically deprives the man of a chance of paternity. In addition, low-pelvic circulation worsens, which provokes stagnation and impotence. Is it possible to conceive a child with prostatitis? Even if the spouse is capable of sexual intercourse, then his sperm will change the composition. It contains toxins, pathogenic microorganisms and defective sperm, so it is impossible to conceive a full-fledged child from such biomaterial. Amid all the changes, irreversible infertility may develop.
- Problems with conception have already been indicated above, but in addition, if fertilization does occur, they may arise in relation to the bearing of the fetus. Prostatic inflammation often causes miscarriage, ectopic fetal location, or missed pregnancy.
- Negative effect on women's health. With sexual intimacy with a man with prostatitis, with sperm, toxins and pathogenic microorganisms penetrate the female body. This composition of sperm negatively affects the condition of the vaginal environment, making it difficult to advance the already weakened sperm. And in difficult cases, such sperm causes the development of dangerous pathological conditions like bartholinitis, endometritis, adnexitis or tubal obstruction.
If a man has a chronic inflammatory process in the prostate, the consequences can be more complex and difficult to cure. Therefore, prostatitis must be treated, not allowing its degeneration into chronic forms.
Men suffering from inflammation of the prostate, and especially their spouses, often turn to specialists with a question - how does prostatitis affect conception. Such anxiety usually occurs in couples who cannot conceive for a long time. Here's what the experts say about this. Even if a man can have full sexual intercourse, he does not have erectile dysfunctions, fertilization may still not occur, because sick sperm is not able to fertilize a female cell. Such disorders occur against a background of various factors, but they all have a connection with prostatitis.
Firstly, such an effect is observed against the background of inflammation itself. Indeed, prostatitis is typically characterized by a prolonged inflammatory lesion that causes glandular structural changes. Cicatricial formations appear that interfere with the passage of seminal fluid, and under the influence of infection, pathological changes spread to neighboring structures. Bacteria also penetrate the female body, provoking various pathologies.
Secondly, the effect of prostatitis on conception is due to negative factors in the therapeutic process. After all, some medications negatively affect sperm viability. Sometimes treatment is prescribed for both spouses, while the viscosity of female mucus in the vagina changes, which prevents the passage of sperm, and, therefore, the onset of pregnancy. When a man undergoes a prostatectomy, which involves the removal of the gland, conception remains possible, but only with the help of artificial insemination, because the man develops dry ejaculation.
When a man develops acute inflammation in the prostate, a man needs to limit sexual intimacy, and with PA, it is necessary to use barrier protection so that the infection can not penetrate the female reproductive system. If prostatitis is chronic, then there is a high risk of development of adhesions in the seminal canals, as a result of which conception with prostatitis becomes impossible. To restore male reproduction, surgery will be needed.
Experts reassure - with any prostatitis, you can conceive a child. And practice proves this, because many couples even with prostatitis successfully managed to get pregnant and bear a baby. But there is also no 100% confidence that conception will happen, but that pregnancy will end successfully with delivery - no, because both the inflammatory process and its therapy often lead to very serious, and sometimes dangerous, consequences.
- Ectopic conception. Penetrating into a woman’s body, pathogenic microorganisms cause the development of pathological processes in the reproductive system, which can provoke tubal obstruction. As a result, the fertilized cell is fixed outside the uterine body.
- The threat of interruption. All the same pathogenic microorganisms can affect the course of pregnancy, provoking intrauterine infectious lesions of the fetus and complicating gestation, including intrauterine death or sinking of the fetus, as well as miscarriage.
Such complications are caused by the negative effect of prostatitis in a partner on women's health. Pathogens in the process of sexual intercourse penetrate the vaginal mucosa, negatively affecting the microflora of the genital tract. As a result, the secret becomes acidic and begins to stagnate, thicken. This leads to a decrease in the motor activity of sperm that enter the vagina.
Does prostatitis affect the conception of a child? Of course, yes. In addition, infectious prostatitis in women provokes genitourinary inflammations such as urethritis, cystitis, etc. Against the background of inflammatory processes, the mucous membranes lining the reproductive organs (fallopian tubes and uterus) degenerate, adhesions begin that impede the advancement of cells into the uterus.
Also, spouse's prostatitis can lead to the development of severe toxicosis in a woman during gestation, vaginitis and intrauterine infectious lesions of the fetus. Moreover, this is also possible with non-infectious inflammation.
Doctors say that with chronic prostatitis or its acute form, the likelihood of problems with the onset of conception and pregnancy complications can be significantly minimized through a quality and competent course of therapy. And in order to avoid unpleasant surprises, it is better for both spouses to undergo a comprehensive examination before conception.
Therapy of prostatic inflammation and planning for conception are necessary conditions for the successful conception of a healthy baby. Although the presence of prostatitis also reduces the chances of pregnancy, this disease is not a definitive sentence. In this case, planning for a man begins with a urological examination. If before planning, the couple had problems like miscarriages, frozen or ectopic conceptions, then it would be useful to make a partner a spermogram. Such a study will help determine how much a man is capable of conception.
Also, a man needs to undergo ultrasound diagnostics, a study of prostatic secretion and hormonal analysis. After proper antiprostatic therapy, the chances of conception are much greater. After treatment, you must discuss with your doctor the possibility of conception. The exact time frame after which it will be possible to begin attempts to conceive, depends on the clinical situation of the patient. Usually urologists are guided by the following factors:
- It is necessary that the therapy produced the necessary effect. In the analyzes from the urethra, a man should not have infectious pathogens, white blood cells are normal, stable spermogram data.
- It is necessary to wait some time after the course of antibiotic therapy, because drugs of this effect adversely affect spermatogenesis and the quality of seminal fluid.
- After treatment, the patient must wait until his sperm is updated. Normally, defective sperm are eliminated by special killer cells - spermatophages. But against the background of antibiotic therapy, sperm are damaged after their control, so there is a chance of fertilizing a female cell with defective sperm. A complete update of the seed takes at least 72 hours. That is how much you need to wait after therapy to avoid problems.
If prostatic inflammation is complicated by the development of erectile problems, then patients are recommended to take Impazu, Spray M-16, Peruvian Maca, etc.
With the influence of prostatitis on the fertility of both partners, everything is clear, but nevertheless, what is the probability of becoming pregnant from a partner with untreated prostatic inflammation? This is quite real, therefore, in the presence of such inflammation, it is recommended to use barrier contraceptives during sex.Because such a pregnancy will not end in anything good. Although complications develop with further progression of the pathology, which significantly reduces the likelihood of pregnancy.
Gradually, prostate tissue transforms, focal lesions form, a prostatic cyst can develop - all this seriously reduces the quality of seminal fluid. In general, the chances of conceiving a child depend on the type of prostatitis, which is bacterial, chronic and acute, as well as the degree of neglect of the inflammatory process.
Before deciding to have children, spouses must understand the entire risk of such an event, because bacteria penetrate the female body and cause congenital pathologies, increase the risks of an ectopic, interruption or freezing of the fetus. Chronic prostatitis and conception are completely compatible, only you must first undergo a course of therapy.
In the chronic form of prostatic inflammation, if the spermogram is good, the chances of pregnancy are about 65-70%. Conception in a chronic form of the disease seriously threatens the health of the fetus and the mother herself, and even after therapy, the risks of developing dangerous consequences remain.
Chronic bacterial prostatitis makes conception almost impossible. With this disease, couples often try to have a baby, but their attempts are unsuccessful. Even proper treatment significantly reduces the chances of pregnancy, which is associated with the negative effects of bacterial agents.
If bacterial inflammation of the prostate is acute, then there is a lot of chance of recovery, therefore, pregnancy after appropriate therapy occurs, as a rule, without any problems.
Acute lesions in the gland negatively affect the work of the entire genitourinary system. Pathology is accompanied by vivid symptomatic manifestations, therefore, it is almost impossible to miss it. During the development of the inflammatory process, spermatogenetic processes are disrupted, the quality of the seminal fluid deteriorates. Purulent masses appear in the composition of the seminal fluid, due to which the probability of fertilization drops to 15%.
Some pathogens that cause prostatitis can have an autoimmune effect, causing the development of irreversible male infertility. Acute non-infectious prostatic inflammation provokes low-pelvic congestion and a lack of blood supply, which subsequently leads to gland dysfunction.
In general, conception with the development of prostate damage is quite possible, however, it is recommended that you undergo qualified therapy first. After a course of adequate antibiotic therapy, reproductive functions should be restored. Only after complete rehabilitation, the disappearance of pathological symptoms and the normalization of low-pelvic processes can a man think about children.
It will also be useful to make a spermogram, according to the results of which the specialist will be able to accurately determine the condition of the male reproductive apparatus. If a man approaches the issue of rehabilitation correctly, eats healthy food, respects the regime of rest and work, and leads an active life, then there should not be any obstacles to a full sexual life and conception.
Questions about whether it is possible to become pregnant with prostatitis concern both men and women. With a prolonged course of the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, there is a high probability that important functions of the genitourinary system will be impaired. Such changes can lead to infertility.
Women are often interested in doctors about whether it is possible to become pregnant if the husband has chronic prostatitis. A disease in this form does not exclude the possibility of conception, although it is very small. For the wife and her baby, the husband’s illness does not pose a particular threat.
Chronic prostatitis and conception is a hot topic that leading experts are studying. They managed to find out that pregnancy from a man with such a diagnosis is possible. But you need to understand that at the time of intercourse, the spouse risks getting an infection from her husband if the disease is caused by pathogenic microflora. There is also a high risk of fetal infection.
Due to the fact that inflammation of the prostate gland can be dangerous for a woman and an unborn baby, a couple should avoid an unplanned pregnancy. If spouses do not follow this rule, then they can expect unpleasant consequences, namely:
- Ectopic pregnancy,
- Fetal freezing.
The effect of prostatitis on the conception of a child can be negative. Indeed, during the transmission of infection, a woman risks becoming infected with a fungus and bacteria. At the time of pregnancy, the immune system will begin to react quite sharply to pathogenic microflora. As a result of this, a woman will suffer severe toxicosis for a long time.
The possibility and outcome of conception directly depends on a number of such factors:
- When spouses managed to conceive a fetus - before or after treatment,
- For what reasons did the man’s prostate gland become inflamed,
- How the inflammatory process affects the work of the genitourinary system.
After pregnancy, you must immediately make an appointment with a specialist. He will observe the development of the fetus throughout the term.
To the question of whether it is possible to conceive a child with prostatitis, the answer will be yes. That's just pregnancy can not be the best way. One of the most dangerous complications in this case is the freezing of the fetus. The violation occurs as a result of the pathogen entering the female body. If a man is diagnosed with prostatitis, then this can happen through the fault of sperm mutations, as well as their degradation.
Whether prostatitis affects the conception of a child is easy to understand. The consequence of such a pregnancy can be not only a fetal freeze, but also a miscarriage. It occurs in the early and late stages.
In acute or chronic prostatitis, you can conceive a child, but such a pregnancy is often ectopic. This condition is very dangerous for a woman. If urgent measures are not taken, then a fallopian tube rupture occurs, which leads to death. Ectopic pregnancy is caused by such factors:
- Changing the structure of the genitals,
- Change in the density of the microflora of the reproductive system,
- Low sperm motility.
The egg can be fertilized while inside the fallopian tube. To prevent negative consequences, doctors send a woman with a diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy to an operation to remove the fetus.
To minimize the negative impact of the inflammatory process in the prostate on the conception and health of the child, the following errors must be avoided:
- To engage in conception while taking medicines that are prescribed for chronic prostatitis,
- Without consultation with your doctor, choose a date of conception,
- Trying to get pregnant by refusing medication.
If the recommendations of a specialist are followed, then pregnancy with prostatitis will cease to be a serious problem for spouses.
With prostatitis, you can try to get pregnant. But at the same time, it is necessary to adhere to recommendations that relate to conception planning. Thanks to this, pregnancy will pass without problems, and children will be protected from infection and other painful conditions.
Pregnancy planning should begin with a urological examination of a man with prostatitis. It will not be superfluous to make a spermogram. This procedure is mandatory if before the couple had a miscarriage or a fetal freeze. The analysis will let you know how viable and active sperm are.
Pregnancy planning should consist of going through a number of important steps:
- Testing - ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs, the study of prostatic secretion and hormone levels,
- Discussing the likelihood of conception and determining the optimal timing when the couple can begin this process,
- A man undergoing treatment for prostatitis. During therapy, the patient should periodically undergo tests that help to trace positive changes after the course,
- Waiting for sperm renewal after taking antibiotics and other drugs that can affect its quality.
Preparing for conception is an important process. Without it, there is no guarantee that pregnancy will occur and will proceed without complications. Therefore, spouses should be responsible for such issues if they plan to become parents of a healthy baby in the future.
Even experienced specialists will not be able to say for sure whether it is possible to have children with chronic prostatitis to a specific patient. To get the correct answer, the doctor needs to study the clinical picture of the disease in detail, as well as find out how the therapy will act on the man.
Due to the fact that prostatitis leads to infertility, not only older men, but also young guys become worried about their own health. This complication is usually observed with an infectious form of inflammation. Infertility diagnosis afraid to hear many patients. Symptoms will be able to warn about the development of such a serious complication:
- General deterioration
- Constant pains of a pulling or cutting nature in the lower abdomen,
- Premature ejaculation,
- Weakening an erection,
- Soreness during intimacy.
If a man noticed these symptoms, he needs to urgently inform a specialist about them. In this case, you cannot delay a visit to a urologist, since the inflammatory process in the prostate gland develops quite quickly. The above symptoms are attributed to the initial stage of infertility. If a man plans to have children in the future, he needs to immediately begin treatment for inflammation.
What is the danger of conception with inflammation of the prostate?
In some cases, conceiving a child with prostatitis is still possible. In the period of the regression of the disease, the probability of conception of the baby is quite large. Unfortunately, pregnancy can end in a miscarriage. Although sex and prostatitis are interconnected, it is better to refrain from intimacy in acute form. Another option is the use of barrier contraceptives during sex. Pathogens and toxins from a sick man provoke such pathologies in the female body:
- ovarian inflammation
- obstruction of the fallopian tubes,
- inflammation of the bartholin gland,
Often, pregnancy with prostatitis ends in failure. A very dangerous disease of an infectious nature. A woman can lose a baby, give birth to a baby with pathologies. You need to remember this when asking the question how prostatitis affects the conception of a baby. Due to infection, the risk of penetration of various bacteria to the fetus is large, this leads to a failure of pregnancy.
Prostate inflammation and conception
Many people are concerned about the question of whether it is possible to conceive a child with prostatitis in a man. In most cases, the potency of prostatitis is reduced, the fertilizing ability of sperm is impaired. With a long inflammatory process, temporary infertility is associated, which, with the right approach, is successfully treated.
The answer to the question of whether it is possible to get pregnant with prostatitis will be positive. The result may be an ectopic or frozen pregnancy. The condition threatens the life of a woman, therefore prostatitis and pregnancy are incompatible concepts.
Infertility is observed with prostatitis, as a rule, with advanced forms of the disease. The prostate loses its function, sperm production is suppressed. You should know that prostatitis in men and pregnancy are contraindicated. Even if temporary infertility does not occur, sperm quality is greatly impaired. When a violation of reproductive function occurs as a result of prostatitis, competent therapy will help completely eliminate the problem.
How to avoid problems
In the future, if the spouse has chronic inflammation of the prostate, in order to avoid dangerous consequences and the penetration of the infection into the uterus, it is recommended to have sex using barrier contraception, i.e. condoms. Even if the child does not become infected, the spouse's bacterial prostatitis can cause cystitis or candidiasis in a pregnant woman, which is extremely undesirable for gestation. Also negative proximity without a condom can affect the patient himself. Such sexual relationships are fraught with the development of exacerbations.
So, can a woman conceive a partner from a patient with prostatitis? Yes, such a conception is likely, but to exclude fetal pathologies, you need to undergo an examination, discuss pregnancy planning with a reproductologist. The greatest threat to pregnancy is viral prostatitis, especially with a cold sore infection. With such an inflammation, becoming pregnant is especially dangerous, which means it is undesirable. If prostatitis is exacerbated, then you need to be treated to a state of complete remission, restore spermatogenesis, and then make attempts to conceive.
Can there be children with chronic prostatitis?
Many are interested in questions: “Can I have children with chronic prostatitis?” or “Are chronic prostatitis and conception interconnected?” With chronic prostatitis, you can conceive a child. But, the onset of pregnancy depends on the etiology of its occurrence, the duration of the course, the degree of damage to the prostate gland by the inflammatory process.
At the stage of pregnancy planning, it is necessary to undergo an examination of the genitourinary system and pass a test for fertility. Prostatitis in the early stages practically does not affect sperm quality and conception in general, however, as the inflammatory process develops fertility men are declining.
What to do if pregnancy does not occur?
At the stage of pregnancy planning, both partners must undergo a complete examination of the body.
So that you do not care about the problem chronic prostatitis and infertility, should be registered in a special center for family planning.
There, the issue will be considered, both from different angles, and jointly.
Man with chronic prostatitis must always consult with an urologist-andrologist, who will appoint him special tests to determine the fertilizing ability.
Thus, chronic prostatitis affects sexual and reproductive function. Stable sex life is the basis for the treatment of CP, therefore, sexual disorders should be addressed in a timely manner - medically and psychotherapeutically.
At chronic prostatitis children may, however, need to undergo a full examination of the body at the planning stage, it is better to do this in family planning centers.
The importance of treatment
If you strictly follow all the doctor’s prescriptions, the effect of prostatitis on conception will be minimized, and you will be able to have a long-awaited child.
So, we examined in detail whether prostatitis affects the conception of a child. How to avoid an unpleasant ailment? First of all, it is worth noting that a man needs to exclude unprotected sex. Next, you need to go to the hospital, undergo a full examination and a course of treatment. To exclude the penetration of bacteria into the woman’s vagina, you should undergo a full course of therapy, and during treatment it is better to refrain from sexual intercourse or carefully protect yourself with condoms.This is the only way to eliminate the likelihood of developing complications and subsequently conceive a healthy child.
Severe pregnancy and inflammation of the prostate
So what do you need to know about this? Chronic prostatitis and conception is a very serious problem, since it is accompanied by pronounced symptoms, extensive damage to internal organs and constant relapses. According to doctors, it is very dangerous to have children in this case, so you should think about the heir only after passing the full course of treatment. As in the case of the usual form of pathology, conception remains possible, but attempts should be made only after undergoing treatment and rehabilitation.
As medical statistics show, if inflammation affects no more than 60-70 percent of the soft tissues of the prostate gland, then the chances of having a baby are quite high. But at the same time, it is necessary to take into account the fact that even after the man has fully recovered, the threat remains that his sperm may adversely affect conception, which will lead to miscarriage, fetal development and ectopic pregnancy. Therefore, planning must be carried out under close medical supervision.
How is it manifested and what is its feature? This form of the disease is very dangerous, because in the absence of timely and proper treatment, it can develop into a chronic one, in which conception becomes impossible. At the same time, in most cases it is not possible to solve the problem, so the spouses can only adopt a child. It is not uncommon that against this background, partners do not withstand psychological pressure and the family breaks up.
Infectious inflammation of the prostate gland is also dangerous because it is very difficult to treat. But if the patient turned to the urologist when his clinical manifestations are not yet very pronounced, and the damage to the soft tissues by bacteria is not so extensive, then the pathology can be defeated, and the spouses can conceive a child.
Acute inflammation of the prostate
With very severe inflammation, the entire urogenital system begins to function incorrectly. At the same time, pronounced symptoms are observed, which is simply impossible not to notice.
Most often, patients complain of the following:
- severe pain and burning in the urethra,
- involuntary urination
- Slightly elevated body temperature
- impurities of blood and pus in urine and semen,
- enlarged prostate.
As a result of the negative effects of male bacteria, autoimmune diseases can develop, which in almost a hundred percent of cases lead to incurable infertility. Also, against this background, stagnant processes occur and the work of the prostate gland is disrupted. Thus, chronic prostatitis affects conception very significantly. Due to the fact that this form of the disease is caused by pathogenic microorganisms, it is one of the most complex and dangerous. Therefore, it is not recommended to postpone the appeal to the hospital too much.
The main methods of therapy
As noted earlier, prostatitis and conception are very dangerous, since it carries high risks to the health and life of not only the fetus, but also the expectant mother. Therefore, before planning pregnancy, you need to undergo treatment. What it will be, can only be said by a profiled specialist based on the clinical picture of the patient and the severity of the disease. However, in most cases, it takes from 1 to 3 months to fully recover.
The treatment program includes the following:
- taking antibiotics, antibacterial and painkillers,
- physical exercise,
- proper nutrition.
In addition, patients are advised to abandon bad habits, as well as minimize the use of too oily and spicy foods.
The birth of a child is what every married couple has long been waiting for. However, due to various factors, pregnancy may not occur for a long period of time. One of the most common causes is inflammation of the prostate gland. In addition to problems with conception, this ailment can lead to serious complications and even the development of cancer. Therefore, it is very important that each person monitors their health and, in the event of first suspicions of prostatitis, immediately consults a doctor. The duration and success of a full recovery depends on how quickly treatment is started.