Causes and features of the treatment of prostatitis
Prostatitis is a disease of the urological spectrum, which is characterized by the onset and development of inflammation localized in the tissues of the prostate gland in men. The disease is in first place in the frequency of treatment among urological diseases. Often, prostatitis in men begins to bother simultaneously with the onset of other diseases of the reproductive system. Why does a male ailment develop so rapidly? What are the main causes of prostatitis in men?
Causes of prostatitis in men and treatment
The main factor leading to the occurrence of prostatitis is considered a group of pathogenic microbes that destructively affect the tissues of the male genital organs.
In most cases, such infections are sexually transmitted, but their exacerbation occurs due to the patient's inattention to his health.
The number of microbes that are pathogens prostatitisinclude Escherichia coli, candida, streptococcus, staphylococcus, trichomoniasis or mycoplasma.
Gonorrhea or tuberculosis can also provoke inflammation.
Other development reasons prostate inflammation relate:
- violation of the blood circulation in the pelvic organs (caused by various factors, including a sedentary lifestyle, bad habits, etc.),
We figured out the reasons prostatitis, treatment can take place as follows:
Malfunctioning prostate gland are eliminated in several ways. Among the most effective of these are physiotherapy, taking special medications, using proven folk recipes and physiotherapy exercises.
The combination of certain programs depends on the stage of development of inflammation and the timeliness of contacting a doctor.
Get rid of inflammation only with candles, folk methods or gymnastics will not work. Important to compose individual programconsisting of several methods of treating a disease.
Features of the course of the disease
The clinic of prostatitis disease in men is diverse, depending on the individual characteristics of the body, general health, lifestyle. In men 35 to 40 years old, prostatitis is asymptomatic. Its first signs make itself felt after almost a year.
In medicine, it is customary to distinguish 2 forms of the disease:
- stagnant (non-infectious).
In the first case, the infection is localized in the pelvic organs, in the second - in the area of the prostate, blood circulation is difficult, the gland is disrupted.
The choice of medications for treatment prostate inflammation depends on the general health of the patient and the stage of development of the disease.
At the initial stages of the disease, you can get rid of its symptoms with the help of installations or microclysters.
Launched prostatitis is always eliminated with antibiotics and injections.
During the installation procedure, the drug is delivered to the site of inflammation through the urethra.
During microclyster special compositions based on plant components are used.
Among the drugs that help stop inflammation of the prostate are:
- tetracycline-based products (Minocycline, Doxycycline),
- fluoroquinols (Norfoxacin, Levofloxacin),
- penicillin-based medicines ("Oxacillin", "Ampicillin").
Factors affecting the development of the inflammatory process
Inflammation is characterized by acute and chronic course. The acute form of the disease is accompanied by high fever, a sensation of pain in the lumbar region and sacrum, a feeling of discomfort in the reproductive organs. Acute prostatitis begins suddenly. Its appearance is provoked by genitourinary infections:
Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Escherichia coli are the main pathogens that provoke the onset of the disease.
Prostate inflammation in young men: causes and consequences
The disease first makes itself felt in 30-40 years. Trichomonads, chlamydia, ureaplasma - causative agents of prostatitis, which provoke its occurrence, can become the cause of prostatitis.
Turning to a specialist is a difficult step. Young people are embarrassed by their problems, delay the trip to the doctor and thereby exacerbate the situation. The infection spreads quickly, which accelerates the onset of inflammation of the prostate.
The consequences of untimely treatment of the prostate in young men:
- urination function is impaired:
- there are problems with potency,
- reproductive function is inhibited,
- relapses of prostatitis become more frequent,
- calcifications, scars appear.
The appearance of the first symptoms of inflammation of the prostate gland should be a signal for contacting a doctor.
A person should pay attention to his health if the following symptoms occur:
- desire to urinate appears more often
- during urination, discomfort and pain are felt,
- after going to the toilet, the urine persists,
- erection weakens or disappears,
- attraction to the partner decreases.
Ignoring the signs leads to the fact that advanced prostatitis in men becomes chronic. The production of prostatic secretion, which is part of semen, is reduced.
Varieties and symptoms of the disease
Chronic prostatitis in an advanced course can develop into sepsis.
The following symptoms are characteristic of acute prostatitis:
- urinary retention
- whitish discharge begins to appear in the urine.
Chronic prostatitis is a relapsing form of the disease. The inflammatory focus is a place where microbes multiply, which settle in the genitourinary tract and affect the tissues. The consequence of an untimely visit to a doctor is chronic cystitis.
Nine out of ten cases of chronic prostatitis cause a visit to the doctor. The reasons for men are the same: pathogens of an infectious nature.
What is prostatitis?
Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate called the prostate. The prostate gland is a minor part of the male reproductive organs. It is located under the bladder, around its neck. The fact is that the urethra passes through the prostate, that is, the prostate is located around the urinary tube. Just because of this, with an enlarged prostate, the urinary canal is compressed, which prevents the passage of urine.
In men over 35, the prostate often enlarges. This is a typical occurrence. Most of the diseases in men over 50 are just a consequence of a violation of the urogenital system, that is, as a result of inflammation of the prostate gland. It must be remembered that the more iron in the prostate, the more urine will be blocked, thereby the body will become more poisoned by this urine.
The disease is quite common and diagnosed in more than 80% of mature men, of which about 30% are detected in the age category from 20 to 40 years. If we refer to statistical studies, we can say that prostatitis is detected in every 10 patients.
Video: I.A. Izmakin, chief urologist at the Euromedic clinic, talks about what prostatitis is:
Chronic asymptomatic prostatitis: causes in men of mature age
The described chronic prostatitis does not apply to any of the listed groups. The cause of the occurrence is physiological features that occur in older men. The patient does not complain about the severity of symptoms. A person knows about the presence of the disease only by analysis, or by surgery. Less commonly, it is diagnosed in patients whose age has exceeded the mark of forty years.
Causes of chronic prostatitis:
Chronic prostatitis, caused by an infection, is very difficult to treat with medication.
Congestive prostatitis occurs in young people due to irregular sexual activity, when the gland is most active. No reliable reasons for its occurrence have been identified.
Symptoms of congestive prostatitis:
- weakening of sexual desire,
- lack of vivid orgiastic sensations,
- weak erection
- desire to urinate in the morning is especially pronounced
- difficulty urinating is almost invisible.
The causes of prostatitis are still not fully understood. It is known that the inflammatory process often affects men who have somatic diseases:
- bowel disease, stool disorder,
- chronic bronchitis, ARVI,
- the presence of foci in other organs (caries, tonsillitis),
- transferred STDs,
- immune pathology.
Pathogenic microorganisms penetrate the tissues and form stagnant phenomena. What are the causes of infectious diseases of the prostate gland?
Factors that contribute to the spread of infection are:
- systematic drinking
- uncomfortable, tight clothes,
- prolonged exposure to cold
- car trips are frequent.
Prostatitis treatment: treatment features
Therapy of prostatitis is prescribed by a doctor based on the form and characteristics of the course of the disease. The causes of prostatitis in men are taken into account. In acute prostatitis, antibiotics are prescribed to the patient, which are able to penetrate the tissues of the diseased organ. Chronic prostatitis is treated comprehensively and includes a course of medications, immunomodulators, prostate massage, physiotherapy. Non-bacterial chronic prostatitis is treated with a course of non-steroidal drugs. Additionally, medicines with calming properties are prescribed.
The prostate can begin to change if the disease has passed into a severe form. There is an abscess, urination disorder, prostate sclerosis, extensive edema.
The causes of prostate adenoma lie in the untimely appeal to a specialist. A regular visit to the urologist for prevention will help protect yourself. The disease affects more and more young men. At 30 years old, the disease is easier to prevent than to treat. The rules of prevention consist in eliminating destructive factors. A man who cares about his health should lead a healthy lifestyle, play sports, wear comfortable underwear made from natural fabrics, avoid exposure to excessively low and high temperatures, and monitor nutrition. Regular sex life is a prerequisite for maintaining men's health. Knowing the causes of prostatitis and observing simple rules, a person can maintain reproductive health for many years.
The essence of pathology
By this term is meant inflammation of the prostate. This is a common urological disorder. According to statistics, it occurs in 50% of men after 50 years.
The prostate is a glandular-muscular organ that is localized around the urinary tube. She is responsible for the synthesis of secretions, which combine with seminal fluid and maintain normal sperm activity. This helps protect them from the harmful effects of external factors.
Prostatitis is acute and chronic. In the first case, harmful bacteria - Proteus, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella and other microorganisms - enter the organ. Infection occurs through the urethra, the flow of blood or lymph.
As a result, the immune system responds to this process by moving inflammatory cells into the prostate. Quite typical symptoms are characteristic of this disorder. In 60% of situations, the process becomes chronic. In this case, the anomaly is present for 2-7 years.
In chronic lesions, under the influence of adverse factors, puffiness occurs in certain areas of the organ. This leads to the appearance of areas of destruction. Subsequently, they are replaced by scar tissue. This provokes squeezing of healthy parts of the body, leading to stagnant processes and a change in blood flow.
Cicatricial foci have a fairly dense consistency. They are replaced by cystic cavities and softened zones.
The danger of pathology lies in the fact that at the initial stages of its development, men ignore the existing symptoms. As a result, the process is chronic. As it develops, calculi form in the prostate gland. The patient has impaired reproductive functions. There is also a risk of developing an abscess, lymphadenitis, blood poisoning. In complex cases, prostate cancer develops.
Sexual contacts are an integral part of adult life, but they are possible only with full health of the prostate gland. A healthy prostate guarantees long-term sexual intercourse, good potency and normal ejaculation.
The slightest failure in her work disrupts these functions, leads to the inflammatory process and the development of characteristic symptoms.
Prostatitis is the second most common among sexually mature men after vascular disease.
The disease begins imperceptibly, many patients for a long time do not even suspect about their disease and learn about it when the pathology goes into the chronic stage.
Progression of prostatitis is accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen and scrotum, fever, erectile dysfunction, as well as burning during urination and insufficient ejaculation.
A man with dysfunction of the reproductive system experiences psychological depression, anxiety and irritability.
Today, there are many methods of treating the disease, but in order to choose the right medicine, it is imperative to establish the root cause of the inflammatory process. Doctors distinguish the following forms of the disease:
Each of the forms has its own cause of occurrence. Only a doctor can make a diagnosis by conducting a series of tests and examining the prostate.
Many men consider prostatitis to be a nightmare, because the diagnosis includes one procedure that everyone is ashamed of and trying to avoid - a digital rectal examination.
But there is nothing shameful in the fact that a person wants to be healthy. The sooner a diagnosis is made, the faster it will be possible to return to a previous life.
In pursuit of a successful career and material well-being, men forget about their health. The occurrence of prostatitis is due to many reasons, but the main one is a neglect of the body.
The inflammatory process appears due to circulatory disorders. Sedentary sedentary work, as well as obesity, can provoke pathology. There is prostatitis from mechanical injuries of the genitals.
Damage to the soft tissues disrupts the blood circulation in them, as a result of which the prostate enlarges and becomes inflamed.
Provoke damage can not only a strong blow in the groin, but also vibration, shaking, load on the muscles of the perineum.
The choice of sexual partners should be taken with particular seriousness. Random connections result in infection with infectious and venereal diseases, which in turn can provoke prostatitis. Bacterial flora not only affects the external genitalia, it enters the urethra, prostate gland, and even the kidneys.
There is prostatitis most often against the background of such diseases as:
- gardnolez and others.
To cure prostatitis, initially you need to eliminate the sexual infection. Both sexual partners must undergo treatment, otherwise re-infection is possible.
The cause of prostatitis is sometimes hidden in hypothermia and sexual abstinence. Lack of sexual contact and hypothermia cause congestion in the pelvic organs.
Blood poorly enters the prostate and an inflammatory process occurs. A similar situation occurs in the presence of varicose veins of the perineum and atherosclerosis.
Due to narrowing of blood vessels, blood circulates poorly in the body, and the sex gland experiences hypoxia.
The appearance of prostatitis may be due to the presence of chronic diseases:
- multiple sclerosis,
- endocrine diseases
- hormonal imbalance,
- pathology of blood vessels and heart,
Each of the diseases in its own way affects the sexual health of men. Damage to the spine, multiple sclerosis and cardiovascular disease are accompanied by circulatory disorders. With endocrine pathologies, a lack of testosterone appears, which reduces the functionality of the prostate gland, inhibits erection and decreases sperm production.
If prostatitis is not treated, the man will face complications. Bacterial flora, which is activated during inflammation, is negatively displayed on the work of the liver and kidneys.
The presence of inflammation in the urethra or rectum can also cause infection of the prostate. Bacteria along with infected urine rise through the urethral canal and partially enter the gland.
Prostakor: instructions for use, price, analogues and reviews
Sometimes the cause of the disease lies in the misuse of medications or side effects that lead to a malfunction in hormonal balance.
Provoke the development of prostatitis can constipation. Violations of the stool and frequent straining lead to the appearance of inflammation in the hemorrhoidal vessels.
In the development of pathology, the state of immunity plays the main role. Due to the abuse of alcohol, smoking and other bad habits, the protective properties of the body are reduced. The body becomes vulnerable to pathogens of infections, including those causing prostatitis.
There is a category of men who are more likely than others to develop pathologies of the prostate gland. The risk group includes men older than 40 years. From this age, the natural processes of aging of the body begin, as a result of which the vessels become thinner, their ability to contract is impaired, and the genitals lack blood supply.
Inflammation of the prostate occurs more often in these categories of the population:
- bachelors - a hectic sexual life with different partners increases the risk of developing sexually transmitted diseases,
- men who use interruption of sexual intercourse as a way of contraception - the absence of regular ejaculations leads to congestion in the testicles and inflammation,
- people of "sitting" professions,
- lovers of hiking and skiing resorts - there is a greater chance of getting hypothermia and injury in the genital area,
- obese men and malnourished - junk food is saturated with cholesterol, which settles on the vessels and disrupts the outflow of blood,
- people with congenital immunodeficiency and reduced immunity.
In the development of prostatitis, a hereditary factor and the presence of congenital pathologies occupy a special place. Anomalies in the structure of the gland and its circulatory system increase a man’s predisposition to diseases of the prostate gland.
Causes of Chronic Prostatitis
This form of the disease can cause only the lack of treatment of acute prostatitis or the wrong therapy.
It is quite difficult to determine chronic inflammation of the prostate gland, because it is often disguised as other diseases. Signs of pathology appear and disappear. This complicates the diagnosis.
Transition of the disease into a chronic form is also affected by untreated sexually transmitted infections.
Unfortunately, chronic prostatitis is incurable. All doctors can do is prescribe medications that reduce the intensity of the symptoms and reduce the frequency of relapses.
Any disease is easier to prevent than to deal with its serious consequences. An excellent prophylaxis for inflammation of the prostate is physical activity.
No one talks about marathon races in the morning, enough light gymnastics and hiking. A positive effect on the body rises up the stairs.
During this movement, blood actively enters the perineal area and nourishes the inflamed organ.
The further state of a man’s health, his sexual activity and reproductive function depend on timely access to medical help. It is recommended at least once a year to undergo preventive examinations by a urologist. Only in this way can pathology be determined in a timely manner and cured quickly.
Untreated prostatitis can become the basis for the formation of stones in the bladder and contribute to the development of cancer.
What causes the prostate to become inflamed - the main causes of the disease
The condition of the prostate gland is affected by many factors.
Such as the natural aging of the body, heredity or the state of the environment - are almost impossible to correct, but there are reasons that are directly related to the man’s lifestyle.
Any bias, whether it is alcohol abuse, smoking or unreasonable food, affects the health of the prostate. The decisive role is played by diseases that hit the male body.
What causes inflammation of the prostate
What does the male gland look like?
- Circulatory disorders in the pelvis and genitals. This violation leads to a slow delivery of beneficial substances by blood to organs, insufficient nutrition disrupts their functioning and contributes to the accumulation of harmful microorganisms. The main reason for slow circulation is a sedentary lifestyle. Therefore, by any forces you must try to move as much as possible - to walk, to the best of your ability to perform physical exercises, to try to be without movement for less time.
- Penetration of prostate infections. How to prevent it. Any organism is susceptible to attacks from the outside. There are times when it is difficult to protect yourself from one or another infectious disease. These are commonplace colds due to hypothermia, these are diseases of the nasopharynx, especially angina, these are more serious diseases associated with lung damage. Only maintaining immunity and timely cure of ailments helps to put an end. Otherwise, the untreated infection will subside for a while, but under certain conditions it will again remind of itself, already with a vengeance.
- Excess weight. Overeating leads to disastrous results.Excess calories that the body is not able to spend, again, due to the low mobility of men, settle in the body, turning into fat, which disrupts the hormonal background and significantly reduces metabolic processes. The diet of a man should be built so that there is no skew. Naturally, if a person does not move much, it is preferable to consume low-calorie foods, in the same case, if a man experiences great physical exertion, nutrition should cover energy consumption.
- Genital infections. Everything is simple here. Indiscriminate sex does not guarantee the purity of intimate relationships. Infections cause inflammation and destroy the prostate. The most common sexually transmitted infections: ureaplasma, chlamydia, mycoplasma, gonococcus and Trichomonas.
- Injured genitals, resulting in a violation of blood circulation with all the ensuing consequences.
- Work associated with the constant shaking of the pelvic organs. The simplest example would be the work of a car driver. All day driving almost in the same position. Long sitting, constant load on the pelvic area. The result is stagnation and inflammation.
- Chronic diseases of the genitourinary system - cystitis (inflammation of the bladder), urethritis (inflammation of the urethra), vesiculitis (inflammation of the seminal vesicles), epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis), orchitis (inflammation of the testicles), pyelonephritis (inflammation of the renal pelvis). All these diseases are caused by bacteria, which, spreading, get into the tissue of the prostate.
- Hypothermia. In the cold season, blood vessels narrow at low air temperatures, because of this the blood supply to the prostate gland, as well as other organs, is disturbed. Immunity in general decreases.
- Hormonal disbalance. In adulthood, a man gradually changes in the hormonal background, which can lead to androgen deficiency. Deviation from the norm leads to a malfunction of the prostate.
- Stress and depression. Psychosomatic diseases affect the whole body, including the prostate gland. Nerve rash adversely affects erectile function, and inflammation in the prostate may well be neurogenic in nature.
- Occasional sex, or lack thereof, is another reason for prostatitis. Irregular outflow of secretion or its complete stagnation will inevitably lead to inflammation of the gland.
- Promiscuous sex. During intercourse, microbes are exchanged between partners. Only the immune system acts as a defender against disease. The penetration of harmful bacteria occurs even in long-term partners, with their frequent change - this will happen!
- Inactive life. This item implies not just a sedentary lifestyle, but also the psychological mood of a man. A boring and monotonous life "without a twinkle", without purpose and interests - is constantly a bad mood. In this condition, the body reacts very sluggishly to everything, all processes slow down and aging occurs much faster.
- Another extreme that men fall into is excessive physical exertion, when life is in full swing in all directions, including in sex. Unrestrained sex depletes the male body and leads to serious violations in the genital area.
Problems in bed
- Interrupted sexual intercourse is a guarantee against pregnancy. Many women believe that for a man this goes unnoticed. In fact, this goes unnoticed only for a woman, since a man, controlling the last moment, does not allow himself to relax for a minute, he is constantly in tension, and a secretion forms in the prostate. There is such a common phrase, invented, of course, by women, that an interrupted act is no more harmful than an abortion. Here everyone has their own truth.There are different types of contraception that do not harm the male body.
- Inflammation of the rectum is a big threat to the urethra and prostate. A mass of microorganisms can penetrate there and cause prostatitis or urethritis.
- From constipation, especially if they occur for a long time, the prostate may well become inflamed. Firstly, the intestines are in the immediate vicinity of the gland, and the crowded intestines exerts pressure on it, and secondly, the contents of the intestines are infected. Damage to the prostate and diarrhea. They also affect the functioning of the gland, but to a lesser extent than constipation. Intestinal infections - salmonella, shigella, cholera, enterovirus, E. coli and others - this is a serious problem.
- It is difficult to overestimate the benefits of prostate immunity! Its very location in the small pelvis poses a danger of being infected due to proximity to the intestine, or rather to the rectum and bladder, but stagnation in the small pelvis is the main enemy of the prostate gland.
- Diseases of the genitourinary system, mainly urethritis, can lead to a complication of the prostate gland over time.
- The prostate gland becomes inflamed from the presence of any infection in the body, even if the lesion is in the nasopharynx or in the teeth. This can gradually lead to prostatitis.
- Lack of vitamins and trace elements that iron is especially needed for - zinc, selenium, copper, vitamins A, B, C, D, PP, K. This moment is regulated exclusively by nutrition. The diet for prostatitis is very diverse and contains not so many exceptions. A wide selection of sea and meat products, almost all vegetables and fruits, honey and nuts, spices and herbs. The main thing is to calculate calories to eliminate obesity. The restrictions apply only to alcohol, smoking, and drug use.
Why is it necessary to diagnose and cure prostatitis as quickly as possible
This inflammatory disease is dangerous for its complications. Prostatitis itself is not a fatal disease, but the complications that it causes may not be compatible with life.
In the early stages of diagnosis, he is successfully treated, even if he becomes chronic.
This is not about getting rid of the disease completely, but proper treatment and strict implementation of all the instructions of the urologist creates an opportunity to increase the periods of remission.
Comprehensive treatment, including drug therapy, a series of massages and the use of folk recipes, if not forget about the disease at all, then significantly improve the quality of life of a man. In the case of a negligent attitude to his health, a man will surely face sharp exacerbations of the inflammatory process and severe symptoms inherent in him.
It is no secret to anyone that chronic prostatitis almost always gives proliferation of tissues, that is, adenoma. While it is a benign tumor (BPH) - you can fight it, but by launching the disease, a man risks allowing it to degenerate into a malignant tumor. And this is a completely different story!
Complications may be associated not only with the occurrence of prostate cancer. Prostatitis leads to a violation of the functions of the entire genitourinary system and potency, that is, this will affect the entire subsequent life of the man. Loss of potency is always a tragic phenomenon for the stronger sex, especially during their active life.
There can only be one conclusion from the foregoing: to listen to your body, visit a urologist at least once a year, and follow absolutely all the instructions of your doctor if necessary.
The main source of the appearance of such an ailment is infections, the causative agents of which are such microorganisms:
- E. coli.
The risk of developing an inflammatory process increases against the background of the following reasons:
- prolonged hypothermia of the body,
- lack of physical activity in a person’s life,
- chronic constipation
- disturbances in the normal rhythm of sexual activity. This may include excessively frequent sexual acts or, conversely, prolonged abstinence from sex,
- the presence of chronic diseases of an infectious nature,
- previous trauma to the genitals, which caused a violation of local blood circulation,
- hormonal imbalance,
- lack of vitamins and nutrients in a man’s body,
- addiction to bad habits, namely smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages,
- frequent changes of sexual partners,
- unprotected intercourse,
- excessive physical activity, which can lead to a violation of the secretion of the sex glands,
- interrupted sexual contact,
- the presence of inflammatory processes in the rectum,
- lowering the immune system,
- severe dehydration,
- hereditary factors
- previous urological pathologies - their course can lead to the development of such complications as inflammation of the prostate gland or prostate adenoma.
One of the above factors can affect the appearance of prostatitis, as well as several.
Inflammation of the prostate in men can occur in several forms:
- acute - characterized by a sharp and unexpected onset of symptoms. This course also has several varieties and is divided into catarrhal, follicular and parenchymal prostatitis,
- chronic - characterized by a lower intensity of the severity of characteristic clinical manifestations, as well as alternating periods of exacerbation and remission.
In addition, there are several ways in which pathogenic bacteria infect an organ such as the prostate gland:
- ascending - the infectious process spreads to the prostate through the urethra, which can be facilitated by unprotected sex or insufficient hygiene of the genitals,
- descending - pathological microorganisms penetrate from other organs of the genitourinary system,
- lymphogenous is the most unusual pathway for bacteria to enter, in which they are transported by the flow of lymph from other inflamed internal organs.
The clinical manifestation of such a disease will differ depending on the form in which it occurs. Thus, the symptoms of acute inflammation of the prostate will be as follows:
- an increase in body temperature, which is often accompanied by severe chills,
- the appearance of pronounced pain in the groin area,
- burning and discomfort during urination,
- noticeable weakening of the urine stream,
- severe headaches
- general weakness and malaise,
- frequent and often false urge to visit the toilet room to empty the bladder,
- urinary retention or leakage,
- increased irritability and emotional discomfort,
- feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder,
- sleep disturbance,
- purulent fluid from the urethra - this happens in cases of purulent attachment,
- heart rate increase.
The chronic inflammatory process in the prostate gland is quite rarely the result of untreated acute inflammation. Often the cause is the chronic course of another inflammation in the organs of the genitourinary system.
The main symptoms of prostate inflammation in a sluggish form:
- slight pain during urination,
- decreased sexual desire,
- irradiation of pain from the groin to the lower back and perineum,
- the appearance in the urine of white flakes in the morning,
- frequent nightly erections,
- erased orgasm or its complete absence,
- change in pain intensity during sex,
- reduced duration of erection.
In some cases, the main clinical sign that the prostate has become inflamed is male infertility.
Establishing the correct diagnosis requires a whole range of diagnostic procedures. Only after all laboratory and instrumental examinations have been completed, the clinician will decide how to treat inflammation of the prostate.
From this it follows that the diagnosis will consist of several stages.
First of all, the clinician needs to perform several measures:
- carry out a detailed survey of the patient, aimed at identifying the presence and degree of intensity of the manifestation of signs of inflammation of the prostate. This will enable the clinician to distinguish the acute course of the disease from the chronic,
- to study the medical history and medical history of the patient - this will help to identify the reasons why the prostate gland becomes inflamed,
- conduct a physical examination, which consists in rectal palpation of the prostate.
The second stage of diagnosis is laboratory research, which involves the implementation of:
- microscopic study of the secretion of the prostate gland - to detect functional disorders in the prostate,
- bacterial culture of urine and smear from the mucous layer of the prostate - to detect infections that can be transmitted sexually,
- general urinalysis - to determine inflammatory changes in the urinary organs,
- spermograms - to confirm or refute male infertility.
Rectal palpation of the prostate
In cases of ignoring the symptoms of inflammation of the prostate or with an incorrectly prescribed treatment course, there is a likelihood of developing complications of both acute and chronic inflammation.
For the acute form of prostatitis, the following consequences are characteristic:
- the formation of an abscess,
- spontaneous rupture of the abscess. Such a complication will be indicated by such signs as an increase in temperature to 40 degrees, the release of turbid urine with a pungent and unpleasant odor - with the penetration of purulent fluid into the urethra, impurities of pus and mucus in the feces - when the abscess is opened into the rectum.
The following complications are most characteristic of a chronic inflammatory process:
- the spread of the inflammatory process - often the epididymis or seminal vesicles are affected,
- male infertility.
What are the main causes of prostatitis?
Before diagnosing the disease and prescribing treatment, it is necessary to understand the main factors and causes that contribute to the onset and development of prostatitis in men.
This is extremely important, since it depends on the correct determination of the cause how successfully and effectively the treatment itself will pass.
In addition, it is necessary to take into account the fact that prostatitis can be bacterial and non-bacterial, which is also important in identifying the cause.
In medical practice, it is customary to talk about acute bacterial, chronic bacterial and chronic abacterial forms of the disease. In most cases, patients are faced with a chronic abacterial form of prostatitis, in the rest - with acute and chronic forms of bacterial prostatitis.
Sometimes a man reads on the cards such an updated diagnosis as "abacterial prostatitis." You should not be afraid of such a formulation, because this diagnosis means that capillary stasis has been identified.
Inflammatory processes with such a diagnosis have not yet begun, and this is a big plus for the treatment to end in complete recovery.
For treatment, it will be enough to normalize the lifestyle and follow the specific recommendations of the urologist.
Before identifying and considering the main causes of prostatitis in men, it should be noted that medical practice is guided by several theories of development of the inflammation process in the prostate gland. It is:
- about the infectious theory - an infection, as a rule, is not detected, however, certain changes occur in the tissues of the prostate gland, which indicates the presence of antibodies in it,
- about the theory of lowered immunity - as a result of lowered immunity and a weakened body in the prostate, the process of inflammation begins, which is autoimmune in nature,
- about the theory of chemical inflammation - in some cases, the inflammatory process is characterized by throwing a certain amount of urine into the prostate tissue,
- about the theory of neurogenic inflammation - the inflammatory process is characterized by the action on the prostate tissue of specific substances that are secreted by the nerve endings.
Non-bacterial prostatitis may be due to stagnant processes in the prostate gland. A number of causes of an innate and acquired nature can lead to this phenomenon.
Congenital causes of the disease are characterized by:
- Various abnormalities in the structure of the prostate glands.
- Inadequate production of hormones that are responsible for erection and ejaculation.
- Disturbed blood circulation in the prostate gland - in case of swelling of the prostate, constriction of its vessels occurs, resulting in stagnation of blood.
- Negative factors related to the professional activities of men.
- Injuries and damage to the perineum. Stagnation in the vessels of the prostate begins, and a chronic inflammatory process develops.
As for the acquired causes of the development of prostatitis, their appearance is due to:
- urethritis (inflammation of the urethra) - if the infection does not undergo timely treatment, then over time it begins to affect other organs, spreading and causing foci of inflammation, causing stagnation,
- narrowing of the urethra due to which the pressure in the urethra increases and there is a violation of the outflow of urine,
- various injuries of the perineum and prostate gland, contributing to the occurrence of stagnation and the formation of a chronic inflammatory process,
- stones in the prostate gland
- irregular sex life
- bad habits and unhealthy diets,
- a number of adverse factors that are directly related to professional activities.
How to determine prostatitis?
In order to diagnose prostatitis in a patient, many doctors rely on the clinical picture and the presence of pronounced symptoms of the disease in the patient.
The first and main symptom is difficulty urinating when the bladder is empty. Already this is enough to suspect prostatitis and consult a doctor.
Sometimes difficulty urinating can be rapid when urine comes out in small portions.
In the case of acute prostatitis, the symptoms of the disease are sudden and pronounced. It is impossible not to notice any signs that are not specific before. Thus, the symptoms of prostate adenoma are characterized by:
- frequent and rather painful urination,
- pain in the groin, in the perineum, in the sacrum and even in the anus,
- impaired potency,
- pain during bowel movements,
- general malaise and weakness,
- increased sweating.
The listed symptoms in acute prostatitis can be either single or complex. An important role is played by the individual characteristics of the body of each patient. In some cases, the patient has difficulty in achieving an erection, sexual interest may disappear.
At risk are men:
- Leading an inactive lifestyle,
- For a long time in a sitting position, if work is associated with a sedentary lifestyle. For example, the disease is often found in truckers.Modern office workers are equally prone to developing this disease,
- Suffering from chronic constipation,
- Alcohol abusers. Alcohol causes swelling of the prostate. It also reduces the protective functions of the body, which is fraught with inflammation of the prostate gland,
- Past diseases of the genitourinary system,
- Leading irregular sex life. During ejaculation, a man receives a natural massage of the gland, which is an excellent prevention of the described disease. Doctors recommend having sex at least three times a week.
- Constantly changing sexual partners, because there is a high risk of catching an infection, which in the end can lead to the development of prostatitis,
As for chronic prostatitis, the clinical picture is the same, but the symptoms are less pronounced. It is believed that chronic prostatitis is more dangerous than acute, since the patient is periodically disturbed by an exacerbation of the disease, and the symptoms become pronounced. In addition to difficulty, painful and frequent urination, there may be:
- constant fullness of the bladder,
- regular discharge from the urethra during bowel movements,
- lack of orgasm or decreased quality,
- symptoms of increased irritability.
It is extremely important not to delay the visit to the doctor, since the absence of untimely treatment can lead to consequences and cause serious complications, one of which is infertility in men.
Prostatitis in men photo
On the Internet, I do not recommend you look for photos of prostatitis in men, look at the diagram below, this should be enough to understand.
♦ Topic: Treatment of prostatitis.
Causes of the disease
The inflammatory process in the prostate most often occurs against the background of a bacterial infection. There are no exact causes of prostatitis, since the likelihood of inflammation of the prostate tissue increases with weakening of the immune system. Pathogens can be staphylococci, Escherichia coli, enterococci, Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
These infectious agents are located on the mucous membranes and skin of a healthy person, but can cause the development of the inflammatory process when predisposing factors occur:
- inferior sex life: rare sexual intercourse, interrupted sexual intercourse with incomplete ejaculation,
- passive lifestyle,
- congestion in the pelvic organs,
- frequent urological diseases, sexually transmitted infections,
- wearing tight clothing that squeezes the genitals of a man,
- chronic intoxication with alcohol, drugs, chemical agents,
- perineal injuries
- decreased immunity.
The main symptoms of prostatitis depend primarily on the form of the disease (acute, chronic). Inflammation of the prostate is recommended to be treated in a timely manner, otherwise the disease will drag on and will periodically give relapses. Therefore, every man should know how prostatitis begins and what signs it is worth paying attention to in the first place.
Forms and symptoms of acute prostatitis
What signs of prostatitis in men will be present depends on the form of the disease. Primarily, acute inflammation appears in the gland. The disease has three forms: catarrhal, follicular and parenchymal. The latter is the hardest. Men often do not even know what symptoms with prostatitis indicate the onset of the development of the inflammatory process.
So what signs of prostatitis should pay special attention to? Initial manifestations of the disease:
- drawing pains in the perineum and pubis,
- discomfort during urination, after intimate contact,
- weakness, weakness,
- a slight increase in temperature.
The catarrhal stage of inflammation of the prostate is considered the easiest, but treatment at home is still contraindicated. Procrastination can lead to the development of a chronic inflammatory process.No advice from healers or acquaintances can be used without first consulting a doctor, since the most effective and proper treatment can be prescribed by a urologist.
Inflammation of the follicular form is more acute. There are severe pains in the perineum and penis, discomfort can cover the entire lumbar region. The main sign of this form of prostatitis in men is excruciating pain, which does not allow to fully empty the rectum and bladder. Against the background of this type of inflammation of the prostate, acute urinary retention develops, and the patient's quality of life is impaired. With untimely treatment, the disease can go to the next stage - parenchymal.
Parenchymal form of the disease
Symptoms of prostatitis in men of the parenchymal form:
- serious condition of the patient,
- frequent urination at the beginning of the disease quickly goes to dysuria (complete retention of urine),
- the appetite is reduced, the patient is thirsty,
- flatulence, inability to empty the intestine due to severe pain,
- mucous discharge from the rectum may appear,
- body temperature increased, kept within 39C.
One of the signs of prostatitis in men of this severe form is a sharp pain in the prostate when palpating. Palpation examination of the patient at this stage of the inflammatory process is difficult due to a serious condition and uncomfortable sensations in the genital area. If qualified treatment is not started at this stage, then the disease can be complicated by the transition of infection to neighboring organs, the appearance of an abscess, or the development of a chronic inflammatory process.
If acute inflammation develops against the background of urethritis, urolithiasis, and other pathologies of the urinary organs, then impurities of blood and pus may appear in the urine, and specialists often find traces of protein. In case of urinary retention, urgent medical attention is required. The disease is characterized by an acute onset with a deterioration in overall health and intense pain in the pubic area. Body temperature usually rises. Perhaps the appearance of joint and muscle pain against a background of severe intoxication.
How to treat
The sooner a man seeks help, the easier it is to cope with the disease. Methods depend on the course of the inflammatory process. The treatment regimen looks like this:
- In acute form - bed rest, antibacterial therapy. Drugs that enhance blood flow, relieve pain and inflammation.
- In the chronic form - immunomodulators, drugs that improve lymphatic drainage, painkillers, diuretics. They carry out prostate massage, physiotherapy exercises, and physiotherapy.
- In chronic bacterial damage complicated by an abscess, surgical intervention.
Signs of prostatitis
Signs of acute prostatitis are an increase in body temperature and rapid urination, which is accompanied by pain and weak pressure. In addition, signs of prostatitis include burning of the perineum and pain in the rectum during bowel movements. In the stage of purulent inflammation, spontaneous dissection of the abscess and the expiration of pus from the urethra or rectum are likely.
A sign of chronic prostatitis is burning in the urethra and perineum, pus at the end of an act of defecation or urination, increased fatigue and irritability of the body.
Video: I.A. Izmakin, chief urologist at the Euromedic clinic, talks about the signs by which prostatitis can be determined:
It is very dangerous for prostate to have difficulty urinating, which in the absence of timely treatment can lead to acute urinary retention.
Men should not ignore such indirect signs of prostatitis, such as a complete or partial decrease in sex drive, accelerated ejaculation, sometimes painful, prolonged erection at night.All these symptoms are characteristic of inflammation of the prostate gland, even in an uncomplicated stage and amenable to adequate treatment.
If we talk about manifestations that are not even visible to a specialist, then in most cases, patients notice transparent or sometimes purulent discharge from the urethra, especially noticeable in the morning and the presence of white flakes and threads in the urine.
For treatment of prostatitis in men, antibiotics are prescribed, drugs that alleviate the symptoms of the disease, relieve inflammation. Doctors use tablets, capsules, rectal suppositories, injections. The course of therapy includes:
- Doxycycline is an antibiotic that counteracts sexual infections, has contraindications,
- Lycoprofit - strengthens the immune system, normalizes urination,
- Prostatilene - improves microcirculation,
- Ketoprofen is an anti-inflammatory drug that reduces pain, swelling, has contraindications,
- Baclofen - relieves cramps, side effects are possible.
Symptoms of prostatitis
Acute form. Like many diseases, prostatitis is divided into acute and chronic. General symptoms are characteristic for the manifestation of an acute form of the disease.
The patient develops general weakness, obvious malaise
Often accompanied by fever, headaches
As a rule, pain in the perineum has a pronounced character, covers the inguinal region and increases during urination or defecation.
The feeling of frequent urge to the toilet, which does not bring relief due to incomplete emptying of the bladder, leads to increased irritability and nervous irritability of patients. In severe cases, acute urinary retention develops.
Chronic form. Unlike the acute form, the chronic form of prostatitis has an asymptomatic course and proceeds latently (that is, without pronounced characteristic signs). The clinical picture is often erased, with mild symptoms, patients do not pay due attention to obvious discomfort and do not consider it necessary to seek medical help, confusing the symptoms of prostatitis with prostate adenoma, which is extremely dangerous. The principles for treating these diseases are completely different, as are possible complications with undesirable consequences.
Often, deterioration of general well-being, problems with potency and nervous disorders of a man are attributed to fatigue and lack of rest, that is, a person simply does not want to realize that he is sick and needs treatment. An important role in the timely detection of this disease is played by annual preventive examinations, which make it possible to establish a diagnosis at the earliest stages.
The chronic form of inflammation of the prostate is expressed in fast-passing, mild pain in the perineum, in the pubic area and groin. As a rule, the duration of sexual intercourse changes, both towards lengthening, and vice versa, and the brightness of sexual sensations. Discharge appears from the urethra, especially in the morning, or white flakes are visible in the urine with the naked eye.
Since the inflammatory process leads to the narrowing of the lumen of the urethra, there is a violation of urination, which men should pay attention to first of all: the urine stream becomes weak, urination may be a bit dropping or difficult at the beginning or at the end. Many patients have a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder or uncontrolled leakage of urine.
The inflammatory process irritates the nerve endings, leading to rapid urination, especially at night, usually in small portions. All these symptoms clearly indicate the development of the pathological process and require immediate medical attention. Only a specialist can establish the correct diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment.Unfortunately, such a terrible disease as prostate cancer can be hidden under these symptoms.
The inflammatory process of the prostate gland, with the treatment started on time, does not lead to gross violations in the genital area. However, in the absence of treatment, it most often causes inhibition of sexual desire and infertility in men of reproductive age. Among the quite frequent complications of untreated prostatitis, various secondary urinary tract infections are distinguished, chronic renal failure can develop. Bladder stones and acute urinary retention are equally dangerous.
The disease progresses, covers the bladder - due to impaired blood circulation, there is a violation of the outflow of urine and sclerosis of the walls, these pathological changes are irreversible.
The application of this procedure improves blood circulation, muscle tone, relieves pain, increases potency. After prostate massage, metabolic processes are activated, inflammation passes. The procedure is carried out in a clinic or at home. To do this, you must:
- put on a medical glove
- lubricate the index finger with petroleum jelly,
- insert it into the anus,
- perform rotational funnel-shaped movements with your finger,
- after the massage, empty the bladder,
- the duration of the procedure is 2 minutes,
- the course of treatment is two weeks.
Such prostatitis is acute and chronic. The provoking factor of the disease is the attachment of harmful microorganisms or viral infections against the background of a weakened immune system or under the influence of other factors.
This form of the disease is usually diagnosed in 21-43 years. In this case, the main signs of inflammation of the prostate include a significant increase in temperature - it can rise up to 40 degrees. Also, people develop general weakness, chills, and urination problems.
The course of treatment for inflammation of the prostate with candles on average is ten days. Drugs are administered rectally and are selected by a specialist based on the existing clinical picture.
The advantage of this method of eliminating prostatitis is an additional antibacterial and analgesic effect.
Candlesintended for the treatment of inflammation of the prostate gland are divided into several categories.
The choice of a particular variety should be carried out only by a specialist.
Kinds candles from inflammation of the prostate: antifungal, antispasmodic, immunomodulating, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antitumor, analgesic, regenerating.
Special physical exercises are among the mandatory steps in the treatment of prostatitis.
There are many methodologiesdeveloped by world leading experts.
Any of the programs is mainly aimed at restoring the circulatory process in the pelvic area, which is considered one of the main causes of abnormalities in the work of the prostate gland.
Examples of exercises:
- half squats
- Birch exercise
- raising legs while lying down,
- any exercises that exert pressure on the pelvic area.
A good indicator in the treatment of prostatitis is different yoga. You can perform even the simplest exercises aimed at the pelvic area or the so-called inverted asanas. Yoga It helps not only normalize blood circulation, but also soothes the psyche.
This form of pathology is accompanied by inflammatory lesions of the gland due to the formation of calculi. In 70% of cases, the disease develops in men older than 60 years. It is associated with a lack of therapy for chronic prostatitis. Also, the cause may be untreated urolithiasis.
The main manifestations of the disease include pain in the pelvis, sacrum and perineum. Discomfort increases with the physical activity of the body.Also, the disease is characterized by impaired urination, bloody impurities in the urine, increased irritability, weakened erection.
Alternative medicine offers patients with a diagnosis prostatitis a huge number of ways to treat the disease. Most of them are based on affordable products.
Some techniques differ in questionable combinations of ingredients.
It is recommended that you consult a doctor before using this or that folk method.
However, most recipes do not raise suspicions that the procedures are safe.
- asparagus juice (fresh juice can be consumed in a reasonable amount, but daily for several weeks),
- propolis (40-50 g of propolis is evaporated in a glass of alcohol, mixed with several grams of cocoa butter and administered in a rectified form),
- seeds of a shepherd’s bag (the ingredient is poured with boiling water by analogy with ordinary tea, the broth is consumed at least six times a day for a tablespoon).
This form of the disease is characterized by a chronic course. The disease develops in violation of the blood flow in the pelvic organs. Also, stagnation of secretions in the prostate may be the cause. Usually it is observed in the absence of sexual contact.
This form of the disease is characterized by problems with urination. Also, a person experiences discomfort in the testicles and groin. He may have a temperature increase, an erection is disturbed, and depression develops.
Who to contact?
If signs are detected prostatitis it is recommended that you first contact urologist. This specialist is considered a specialized doctor who is involved in the diagnosis and prescribing a course of treatment for diseases of the genitourinary system.
If necessary urologist can give the patient a referral not only to take tests, but also advise you to consult other specialists.
With inflammation prostate gland to compile a complete clinical picture of the disease, you may need to consult the following specialists:
When examining a patient urologist necessarily prescribes a smear from the genitourinary canal, ultrasound of the genitals, general blood and urine tests, as well as a number of other examinations.
A special role in choosing a treatment method prostatitis plays the level of immunity and the state of health of men. If the patient may need psychiatric help only in rare cases, then he will have to visit an immunologist.
This term refers to one of the types of acute bacterial form of the disease. Purulent prostatitis is characterized by a significant increase in temperature indicators up to 40 degrees. Also, a person has purulent impurities in the urine, urination is impaired, severe pain occurs in the perineum and inguinal zone.
Is it possible to cure forever?
Despite the fact that prostatitis is one of the most intractable diseases and in some cases is considered incurable, following several rules can help eliminate symptoms for a long time.
If you adhere to the recommendations, then the disease will not bother the patient with either pain or negative consequences.
Otherwise, prostatitis will take a chronic form.
The rules of treatment:
- the course of treatment of the disease should be carried out comprehensively and fully,
- medications should be selected only doctor,
- contacting a specialist should occur even at the slightest suspicion of a disease prostate gland,
- after the course of treatment, it is important to adhere healthy living standards and proper nutrition,
- when making a diagnosis, you must regularly visit urologist and conduct surveys (once a year).
Getting rid of prostate disease occurs in several stages.In order to avoid painful symptoms and constant visits to medical institutions, it is necessary to identify signs of prostatitis as soon as possible.
Now you know everything about the causes of prostatitis and its treatment. Experts strongly recommend that measures to prevent prostatitis be taken - to eat properly, not to abuse bad habits and to be attentive to any deviations in the body.
Treatment of acute and chronic prostatitis
Although a disease such as prostatitis has long been known and is widespread among men of various ages, it is difficult to treat.
While with the treatment of acute prostatitis, complications, as a rule, do not arise, chronic prostatitis is not always amenable to correction. Moreover, there are many points of view on how exactly chronic inflammation of the prostate gland should be treated.
However, in the following paragraphs, the specialists have no disagreements:
The effectiveness of therapy directly depends on its timely start.
Therapy should be carried out in a complex, while all the features of the health status of a particular patient must be taken into account. It is extremely important to calculate the cause that led to the development of pathology.
Dietary supplement for food "LIKOPROFIT®" - a complex of natural components. The components of LIKOPROFIT® selectively accumulate in the tissues of the prostate, reduce inflammation, help strengthen protective functions, protect cells from damage by free radicals and control the process of excessive proliferation of prostate tissue. * Due to the complex and balanced composition, the difficulties associated with urination are eliminated easing pain. 1 The components of “LIKOPROFIT®” against the background of standard therapy effectively affect the main symptoms of chronic prostatitis, improve urination: reduce the frequency of urination and increase the flow of urine, improve well-being and have a general strengthening effect in patients with chronic prostatitis *
1 Spivak L.G. Efficiency and safety of Likoprofit® in patients with chronic prostatitis and prostate adenoma. Urology. 2013, No. 2, S. 118-122.,
Self-diagnosis and self-medication is strictly prohibited.
Treatment of acute bacterial prostatitis
Treatment of acute bacterial prostatitis depends on how severe the symptoms of the disease are. Sometimes the patient's condition is extremely serious, which often occurs with intoxication of the body.
The disease manifests sharply, the body temperature rises sharply, chills, pain in the pelvic area, lower back, and perineum appear. Perhaps the addition of nausea and vomiting, a violation of the process of emptying the bladder with pains, burning sensation, etc. This condition is dangerous due to its complications. Perhaps the addition of a bacterial infection, the development of an abscess of the prostate gland, septicemia and septicopyemia. Most often, complications arise against the background of existing chronic diseases, for example, in the presence of diabetes mellitus.
If the disease is acute, a man must be hospitalized in a hospital, in the urological department. If this is not possible, then the patient is determined in the general surgical department.
There is a general treatment tactic for managing patients with acute prostatitis:
Compliance with bed rest.
Prescribing antibacterial drugs.
The ban on massage of the prostate, even in order to obtain the secret of the prostate. The ban is due to the high risk of sepsis.
The purpose of drugs aimed at normalizing the microcirculation of the blood, increasing its fluidity and viscosity. For this, such means as are introduced intravenously: Detralex, Pentoxifylline, Cavinton, Trental.Due to the effect of these drugs, it is possible to achieve the outflow of lymph and venous blood from the inflamed gland, reduce toxic effects and remove decay products from the body.
Oral NSAIDs: Ketoprofen, Indomethacin, Ibuprofen, Piroxicam. They are prescribed to reduce pain.
It is possible to use other analgesics, for example, Nimesil, Nise, Tempalgin, Ketanov. In addition to reducing pain, these drugs to some extent eliminate inflammation. In their practice, urologists and andrologists widely use rectal suppositories to provide analgesic effects, to reduce inflammation. They include the same components as tablets, but thanks to local administration, the effect is enhanced. You can apply candles from prostatitis with propolis.
If the patient suffers from severe intoxication of the body, the introduction of rheological solutions, for example, Hemodez or Neocompensan, as well as detoxification agents and electrolytes, including Disol, Trisol, Lactosol, Ringer's solution, potassium chloride solution with the addition of glucose, are indicated.
Surgical intervention is necessary if there is completely no possibility of independent emptying of the bladder, or an abscess of the prostate has formed.
The use of antibiotics to treat bacterial prostatitis is a must. If the disease begins acutely, there are symptoms of intoxication, then antibacterial drugs are prescribed as soon as possible, waiting for the results of tests for the bacterial flora in this case is impractical and dangerous.
Medicines are selected from the group of fluoroquinolones. It can be Levofloxacin, Ofloxacin, Ciprofloxacin (Tsiprobay, Tsiprobel). Such empirical therapy is due to the fact that fluoroquinolones are active against bacteria that most often provoke prostatitis - these are gram-negative pathogenic flora and enterococci. In addition, fluoroquinolones have a detrimental effect on gram-positive and anaerobic bacteria, as well as on atypical infectious agents, for example, chlamydia. Introducing into the metabolic processes of protein metabolism of bacteria, the antibiotic destroys their core, leading to the death of the microorganism.
Nevertheless, a number of scientists are opposed to the appointment of fluoroquinolones until the results of the analyzes were obtained. They indicate that if bacterial prostatitis is caused by Koch's bacillus, then this will lead to its stability, mutations and the formation of a new, more pathogenic flora, which is very difficult to get rid of. Therefore, it is so important to make sure that there are no tuberculosis bacteria in the body.
Fluoroquinolones help fight Koch's bacillus, but only on condition that they are prescribed as part of complex therapy using other anti-TB drugs. It is recommended by WHO to include fluoroquinolones in the treatment regimen for all forms of tuberculosis.
Also, these drugs are very effective in treating prostatitis, as they have the ability to quickly penetrate into the tissues of the prostate gland and seminal vesicles, accumulating there in high concentrations. The therapeutic effect is also enhanced by the fact that the prostate in the inflamed state has a very high permeability.
Depending on the clinical picture of the disease, fluoroquinolones can be prescribed both intravenously and intramuscularly. In case of impaired liver and kidney function, the risk of side effects is 3-17%. However, most often, patients complain of a violation of the digestive processes, and also experience certain disorders of the central nervous system.A drop in blood glucose, the development of photosensitivity (increased skin sensitivity to ultraviolet radiation), cardiac arrhythmias are all infrequent complications from the administration of fluoroquinolones and they occur in no more than 1% of cases.
When the results of laboratory tests are obtained, the therapeutic regimen can be reviewed if the identified pathogen of inflammation is not sensitive to fluoroquinolones. This group of drugs is also subject to replacement if, after 24-48 hours from the start of their intake, the patient's condition has not improved, or if he does not tolerate them well. The drugs of choice in this case are macrolides (Azithromycin, Sumamed), Trimethoprim, Doxycycline, antibiotics from the group of cephalosporins (Cepepim, Cefotaxime, Kefzol, Cefazolin, Cefpir).
If recovery does not occur after 14 days from the start of medication, then the treatment regimen should be adjusted again.
Leading Russian and foreign urologists have a single point of view regarding the timing of therapy. They claim that it cannot last less than 14-30 days. After completing the intake of antibacterial agents, a repeated, in-depth diagnosis with an ultrasound of the prostate and taking the secret of the prostate gland for bacterial culture must be carried out without fail. If the identified microflora can be controlled with the help of the drugs taken, and the patient feels well, the treatment is extended for another 14-30 days. As a result, the total period for taking antibiotics will be from a month to two. When it is not possible to completely remove inflammation, it is advisable to change the therapeutic tactics.
Patients in whom the disease is severely subject to hospitalization in the intensive care unit.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis
Therapy of chronic prostatitis directly depends on what stage the disease is at. If the disease worsens, then treatment is similar to treatment for acute bacterial prostatitis.
When the disease is in remission, the man will experience the following symptoms:
Slight pain that occurs rarely, but regularly,
A feeling of heaviness in the area of the prostate, lumbosacral area, in the genital area,
In some cases, dysuric disorders join: increased urge to urinate, pain during bladder emptying, etc.
Perhaps a deterioration in psycho-emotional well-being, depressive moods against which sexual failures occur.
There are a number of controversies regarding the treatment of chronic inflammation. Scientists still have not come to a consensus on whether antibiotics should be prescribed or not. Those experts who insist on taking antibacterial drugs, believe that the bacterial flora in the secret taken for analysis, simply could not get.
Another, and most of the scientists indicate that an antibiotic should be taken only if the bacterial flora has been isolated. Abacterial prostatitis with no symptoms is not treated with antibacterial agents.
They offer the following patient management tactics:
Course reception of NSAIDs.
The appointment of funds aimed at normalizing the outflow of lymph and improving microcirculation in the body.
Immunomodulating drugs. It can be such means as: Timolin, Vitaprost, T-activin, Timosin. Prostatilen and Vitaprost help to remove edema from prostate tissues, eliminate leukocyte jump, reduce the risk of blood clots, and normalize blood microcirculation. These effects are achieved in parallel with the immunomodulating effect, therefore it is these two drugs that are prescribed by practicing urologists more often than others. In addition, there is evidence of research conducted by Professor Tkachuk V.N. He notes that when taking Vitaprost and Prostatilene, pain in the vast majority of patients (97% of patients) becomes 3.2 times less pronounced. Urination disorders are reduced by 3.1 times. In addition, a very convenient form of release of drugs in the form of rectal suppositories. This allows them to be prescribed even to those patients who have not been hospitalized. The course of therapy should be from 21 to 30 days.
To eliminate erection problems, antidepressants and sedatives are indicated.
Regular physical activity helps to strengthen the pelvic muscles, normalize blood circulation. It is best if it is a specially composed complex of physiotherapy exercises. Physiotherapeutic procedures have a good effect - rectal electrophoresis, transrectal microwave hyperthermia, UHF, magnetic laser therapy, etc. These procedures are very effective in getting rid of pelvic pain syndrome.
Video: Dr. Evdokimenko "Chronic prostatitis - a lie or the truth? How to treat":
A specific example of the treatment of chronic prostatitis
Treatment of chronic prostatitis is a long process and requires an integrated approach. Next, a methodology for getting rid of this disease will be presented. To implement it in practice independently, without medical advice, should not be. The fact is that such treatment will be effective only if the patient is diagnosed with congestive prostatitis, that is, the probability of infection is excluded. You can verify this only after a qualitative diagnosis with the study of the secretion of the prostate gland, scraping of the urethral epithelium (infectious prostatitis is diagnosed in 10-15% of cases).
It is important to remember that congestive prostatitis does not require antibiotic therapy. When the inflammation of the prostate gland is infectious, antibiotics are prescribed for prostatitis.
Chronic congestive prostatitis is most often treated by doctors with rectal massage. The meaning of its holding is to improve blood microcirculation, normalize metabolic processes, eliminate stagnant phenomena. However, this technique often causes patients not only physical, but also psychological discomfort. Therefore, men deliberately delay the trip to the doctor and exacerbate the course of the disease.
The following procedure allows you to get rid of congestive prostatitis without rectal digital massage of the prostate.
The treatment regimen for chronic prostatitis
In order to start therapy, you need to prepare in advance, for this you will need to purchase:
The drug Prostatilen for intramuscular administration and water for injection. A full course will require two packs of the drug.
Acoustic therapy device Vitafon.
The drug Vitaprost in the form of rectal suppositories. One package is enough.
Wobenzym - tablets 90 pcs. A full course of treatment will require 2 whole packs and a quarter of a third.
Five packs of encapsulated Vitamin E - Viardo.
Speman tablets - packaging.
You should make a reservation in advance about the Vitafon apparatus. This device will replace the doctor’s finger, which he uses during the massage of the prostate gland, introducing it into the anus. The device does not need to be entered anywhere, the therapeutic effect is achieved due to the influence of acoustic waves on the prostate gland. It is applied externally.
As for the price, on average it is 1,500 rubles. However, having spent it once, it will be possible to use the device for many years. It perfectly helps to remove inflammation during exacerbation of chronic prostatitis.
Instructions for use are attached to the device. She should be guided during use of the device.
Attention! There is one important warning, although it is purely individual.The instructions indicate that during the first seven days of using the device, the stomach should be smeared with iodine to enhance the effect. In practice, it turns out that such an amount of iodine is excessive for the body and leads to its poisoning with vomiting and pain in the kidneys. Therefore, if undesirable symptoms occur, it is best to refuse iodine.
How to take drugs?
Treatment begins from the day when all components are acquired:
We introduce prostatilene into the buttock once a day. You need to breed it like this: 1-2 ml of water for injection is taken on 2 ampoules of the drug. If the injections seem very painful, you can breed on Novocaine. The course of injections is 10 days.
Speman should be taken 2 tablets 2 times a day. The full course of treatment is 25 days, given that there are 100 tablets in the package, it will go completely.
Wobenzym take 3 tablets 3 times a day. You need to do this 40 minutes before eating. The full course of treatment is 10 days. As for the number of tablets that will be required: 40 pieces in one package, that is, you need 2 full packs and 10 more pieces. You can ask your pharmacist to sell them separately, many of them go forward. If they refused, then you can limit it to 2 packs, since the drug is quite expensive. If you drink it not 10, but 9 days, then nothing bad will happen.
Viardo is taken in 5 capsules during meals for 20 days.
At night, you need to insert 1 Vitaprost candle. It’s great if the intestines are previously cleaned. The course is 10 days.
The Vitafon device must be used according to the instructions for use. It is advisable to conduct from 2 to 3 sessions of acoustic therapy. In this case, do not stop treatment in the middle of the session, when there is a feeling of exacerbation of chronic prostatitis. This is the norm, it should be so. The course will end in recovery.
If you do not deviate from the proposed scheme, you will be able to get rid of the disease for a long time. However, you should stop drinking alcohol. In this case, sexual life is fully resumed.
During treatment, hypothermia of the prostate should not be allowed, so the pants should be warm and the coat should be long. It is worth giving up swimming in cold water in the summer months.
To improve blood microcirculation, get rid of stagnant processes, you need to move as much as possible. To do this, abandon the sedentary lifestyle, start running, walking.
There are many treatment schemes for congestive prostatitis and each practicing urologist uses his own technique. As a rule, they are all effective, the main thing is that the absence of infection in the prostate gland is confirmed. In this case, success is guaranteed.
Surgical and other clinical treatments
Sometimes with prostatitis can not do without surgical intervention.
It can be carried out in two ways:
Transurethralresection. Transurethral resection refers to minimally invasive treatments. A resectoscope is introduced into the body through the urethra under general anesthesia. High frequency current is supplied through it. With its help, altered gland tissues are cut. If there is such a need, then it can be completely removed. During the operation, bleeding does not develop, as currents cauterize blood vessels. After such an intervention, the prostate tissue ceases to press on the urethra, and a person can normally empty the bladder.
A man is no longer haunted by pain. The procedure itself takes place under video control. The image is displayed on the screen by which the doctor can track all his actions.
Video: patient's story about resection (TUR):
Prostatectomy. Prostatectomy is an abdominal operation. It carries a higher risk of complications. The recovery period will last longer than after transurethral resection.However, sometimes this procedure is the only way to help the patient.
Other treatment methods include:
Cryodestruction. In this case, liquid nitrogen is used to treat prostatitis. In this way men have been treated for many years. Treatment and recovery are quite extended in time. Cryodestruction is indicated for those patients who cannot be operated on. Despite all the difficulties of therapy, it is possible to get rid of the symptoms of the disease.
Transurethralmicrowave therapy. This method comes down to exposure to the prostate gland of electromagnetic waves. Under their influence, the destruction of inflamed tissues occurs, and the symptoms of the disease recede. The procedure refers to minimally invasive techniques, but not all patients can carry it out. Sometimes after such treatment, the disease recurs. In addition, there is a likelihood of complications. If we evaluate the effectiveness of such treatment, then it is stronger than taking medications. However, it can not be compared with surgery.
Ultrasound Therapy Ultrasound exposure to prostate tissue helps to remove the inflammatory process. The procedure is possible at home, but after a detailed consultation with a doctor.
It is forbidden to use ultrasound for cancerous tumors of the organ. If you apply it as part of complex therapy, you will be able to achieve recovery.
Leech treatment. Hirudotherapy is one way of treating prostatitis. With its help, it is possible to achieve a good effect.
Stentingand balloon dilatation. The procedure is reduced to the introduction of an endoscope into the prostate with a small balloon. During the operation, the urethra expands, after which a stent is placed in it. This allows you to normalize the outflow of urine. The method is aimed at eliminating the symptoms of the disease.
Video: Urethral stenting: before and after:
Prostatitis treatment can be supplemented with massage and reflexology.
Answers to some questions about prostatitis treatment methods
What will happen if prostatitis is not treated? Any acute prostatitis without special treatment always goes into a chronic form. But in any case, without treatment, both acute and chronic prostatitis can cause prostate abscess, cystitis, pyelonephritis, vesiculitis and even prostate adenoma. And a little later, impotence and infertility will appear, which will be very difficult to cure, long and expensive.
Can prostatitis be treated with herbs? Maybe. It can be such plants as St. John's wort, licorice root, coneflower, goldenrod. The composition of these herbs includes components that help with non-bacterial prostatitis of an asymptomatic course. It is possible to obtain rectal suppositories which contain extracts of these herbs.
In case of chronic prostatitis, is rectal massage of the prostate necessary? The vast majority of urological clinics abroad have refused this procedure in favor of physiotherapeutic treatment, which is more effective. In addition to the fact that rectal massage causes physiological and psychological discomfort, it allows you to work out exclusively the lower part of the prostate. Nevertheless, in Russia the vast majority of urologists practice this technique.
Does hirudotherapy, acupuncture help? If we take into account the theory of effects on energy fields and points, then we can say that this method works. However, studies that could be referenced in order to justify effectiveness are lacking. The only thing that can be argued is a slight decrease in pain and a decrease in urination disorders. Hirudotherapy helps to remove edema from the tissues of the prostate, normalize microcirculation in the organ, and reduce inflammation. This is possible thanks to the enzymes that are found in leech saliva, according to V. A. Savinov and M. I. Kuznetsov.However, any unconventional methods of treatment should be agreed with your doctor. They can not replace the ongoing traditional therapy.
Can chronic prostatitis provoke prostate cancer? It can be argued that prostate cancer is the cause of prostatitis. Inflammation of the prostate gland causes complications such as urethral strictures, prostate abscesses, and sclerosis of organ tissues. As for oncology, there is no such data. Nevertheless, if a man is diagnosed with prostatitis, regardless of its form, he should be regularly examined by a urologist and, if necessary, undergo treatment.
Measures for the prevention of chronic prostatitis are primarily aimed at preventing its exacerbation. In the event that this has already happened, the inflammation should be removed as soon as possible.
To minimize the risk of relapse, you need to completely refuse, or minimize the impact of the following negative factors:
Alcohol consumption. This does not mean that you need to abandon it altogether, but you must limit yourself. No one forbids a glass of red wine, but you should not drink a whole bottle.
Smoking. The prostate gland is the organ that constantly experiences oxygen starvation due to poor blood supply. When tobacco smoke is inhaled, a spasm of blood vessels occurs and blood microcirculation is even more disturbed. In addition, all smokers will sooner or later suffer from high blood pressure.
Lack of movement. You need to force yourself to break away from the sofa and start moving.
Stress. You should learn to remove from the head all the negativity that was received during the day. The family in this case will be the best antidepressant. Weekends spent next to relatives will replace any soothing ones.
Hypothermia, colds. These negative factors directly affect the prostate gland. If you have a car, you should make sure that it has a heated seat.
Physical overwork is no less dangerous than lack of movement. Do not lift weights if the body is not prepared for this.
Video: Doctor Shukhrat Arabov, Head of the Department of Urology, will tell you about the prevention of prostatitis:
There are also several recommendations that will enhance men's health:
Physical exercise. At least 10 minutes of morning time should be given to charge. In this case, you do not need to include heavy exercises in the training. Let it be just light gymnastics, allowing you to disperse stagnant blood. The same rule applies to sedentary work.
A contrast shower is also a great way to improve your well-being. It is very effective to take it before intercourse. Moreover, the effect of water on both the whole body and the area of the prostate is important. It is useful in this regard to visit the bath. But you should not immediately pour ice water out of the steam room - this will only bring harm.
As for food, you need to include in your diet raw pumpkin seeds, honey, garlic, prunes, parsley, walnuts.
You need to refuse pickled products, this is especially true for various sauces with the addition of vinegar - mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles, pickles, etc.
Sexual life should be established. Incomplete sexual acts, unrealized erections are very harmful. It is better to get rid of a stagnant secret on your own than to be treated for congestive prostatitis for a long time.
Bad food. Not a drug.
Education: The diploma in the specialty "Andrology" was obtained after completing a residency at the Department of Endoscopic Urology of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences in the Urology Center of the Central Clinical Hospital No. 1 of JSC Russian Railways (2007). Graduate studies by 2010 were also held here.
The prostate does not contain pain receptors.A provoking factor in discomfort is the involvement of nerve fibers in the abnormal process. People with a chronic form of the disease have pains of varying severity - from mild to very intense.
Pain syndrome changes its intensity during sexual abstinence, ejaculation, or increased sexual activity. Discomfort gives into the sacral zone, perineum and scrotum. Sometimes it is felt even in the lumbar region.
Inflammation provokes an increase in the size of the prostate, which leads to compression of the ureter. Its clearance is getting smaller. A person has an increase in urination. There is also a feeling of incomplete emptying of the organ.
Usually dysuric disorders appear in the initial stages of the disease. After this, compensatory hypertrophy of the muscles of the bladder and ureters occurs. At this time, the symptoms of dysuria are reduced. With the decompensation of these mechanisms, they again increase.
In the early stages of the disease, dyspotension develops. She has different manifestations. Men complain of constant erections at night. An erection may also worsen or an erased orgasm may occur.
Acceleration of ejaculation is due to a decrease in the threshold level of excitation of the center responsible for orgasm. Pain during ejaculation can provoke a complete rejection of sexual contact. Subsequently, the problems become more pronounced. In difficult situations, prostatitis leads to impotence.
Many factors affect the degree of sexual dysfunction. Among them, it is worth highlighting the sexual constitution. Also often affects the psychological state of the patient. Potency disorders are often associated with abnormal changes in the prostate and the psychological characteristics of the patient.
Such treatment for inflammation of the prostate includes the following elements:
- Bed rest,
- Drinking a sufficient amount of liquid - at least 8 glasses per day,
- The use of soft seats if necessary,
- Warm sitting baths.
In case of chronic organ damage, therapeutic massage is indicated. This method is one of the most effective ways to treat prostatitis.
In some cases, with the development of pathology, a special diet must be observed. It consists in the exclusion of spicy and fatty foods. It is also necessary to give up caffeine. Sour drinks are also prohibited.
The condition of men is favorably affected by systematic ejaculation. It provides prostate drainage with a secret. In case of acute violation of urination, a temporary suprapubic fistula is imposed. Catheterization may also be performed periodically.
The operation is recommended in the absence of the effect of the use of drugs. Also, an indication for surgical treatment of prostatitis is blocking the outflow of urine by the prostate. It should be borne in mind that this method is not prescribed for young patients, since it can cause infertility.
There are several types of surgical intervention:
- Transurethral resection of an organ - it involves the removal of all affected tissues,
- Prostatectomy - the procedure is to remove the prostate and adjacent tissues. During the manipulation, seminal vesicles are also excised. This is a rather complicated intervention, which often provokes impotence and can cause urinary incontinence.
Home methods for treating prostatitis involve the use of effective folk recipes. However, such funds can only be used as directed by a doctor. Otherwise, there is a risk of serious deterioration of the patient's condition.
Effective means include the following:
- Hazelnut. Take 1 large spoonful of leaves or bark of the plant, add a glass of boiling water and leave for half an hour.Then strain the composition and drink a quarter cup 4 times a day. The course of therapy is 1-2 weeks.
- Pumpkin seeds. This product contains a large amount of zinc. It is required for every man to maintain the health of male genital organs. For this purpose, it is enough to consume 30 seeds per day. This must be done before eating.
- Propolis. The tool is used to combat the chronic form of the disease. It has pronounced anti-inflammatory properties and is an excellent antispasmodic. To do this, take 20 g of propolis, add 200 ml of alcohol and evaporate. To 0.1 g of the composition add 2 g of cocoa butter. Form the resulting composition into a candle. The tool must be inserted into the rectum before bedtime. The course of therapy is 1 month. Then for 4-6 weeks you need to interrupt and repeat the treatment.
- Chestnut. To get the medical composition, you need to take the shell with thorns. Means are brewed and drunk instead of tea. Also, the broth is used to perform microclyster. To combat prostatitis, you need to do the procedure twice a week.
- Parsley. As part of this plant there are many vitamins and minerals. Thanks to this, it copes with inflammation and normalizes the functioning of the body. To do this, it is enough to take 1 large spoonful of parsley juice three times a day. This should be done 30 minutes before a meal.
If you do not start therapy in time, there is a risk of dangerous health consequences. First of all, prostatitis is dangerous for the development of an abscess. With the formation of a purulent lesion of the prostate, the temperature greatly increases. Heat is replaced by symptoms of chills.
A sharp pain in the perineum leads to impaired urination and defecation. An increase in swelling of the prostate causes serious problems with urination.
The spread of infectious pathogens in the chronic form of the disease provokes the appearance of cystitis and pyelonephritis. The frequent consequences of pathology include inflammatory lesions of the testicles and their appendages. There is also a risk of vesiculitis, which is an inflammation of the seminal vesicles. As a result of these processes, a violation of reproductive functions is often observed.
When conservative methods of treating prostatitis do not give results, complications are observed, outflow of urine is impaired, doctors prescribe surgery. Surgery is contraindicated in young men - can lead to infertility. There are methods of surgical treatment:
- transurethral resection - removal of all affected areas,
- prostatectomy - excision of the prostate with surrounding tissues, seminal vesicles, can provoke urinary incontinence, impotence.
The course of chronic prostatitis
When symptoms of chronic prostatitis appear, men do not always go to the hospital. Aching pain can be tolerated relatively easily and patients are in no hurry to consult a urologist. Despite the fact that the man’s chronic prostatitis symptoms are less pronounced than the acute form of inflammation, the disease directly threatens the patient’s reproductive and sexual abilities. And the treatment of the chronic form of pathology is longer, and in some cases even requires surgical intervention.
Symptoms of prostatitis in men of a chronic form:
- pain syndrome of a constant nature, aching pains, localized above the pubis, in the perineum, tend to increase during urination, after intercourse,
- difficulty urinating, intermittent urine stream is the main symptom of chronic prostatitis,
- the appearance of discharge from the urethra after hard work or bowel movements,
- violation of sexual function.
In chronic prostatitis, the temperature usually remains normal. But during an exacerbation, the appearance of a febrile syndrome is possible.Typically, a temperature of 37 ° C with prostatitis indicates a sluggish inflammatory process. It is quite dangerous, especially for the reproductive health of men.
Chronic inflammation proceeds more imperceptibly, usually manifesting itself only with frequent urination and erectile dysfunction. Remissions are replaced by relapses, but many men prefer not to address their delicate problem to a urologist, which indicates an extreme degree of irresponsibility. The disease, even in young men, can lead to infertility, and at an older age, prostate cancer is sometimes hidden behind the symptoms of prostate inflammation.
Congestive (congestive) prostatitis
Congestive prostatitis (also called abacterial in the absence of infections) can develop in men of young and older age. The main symptoms are similar to chronic infectious inflammation.. A distinctive feature is that discomfort from the urinary system is manifested and intensified mainly due to prolonged sexual abstinence. An exacerbation can cause a violent prolongation of sexual intercourse, a dull orgasm (sex without proper emotional coloring). Rapid, painful urination (stranguria) is usually observed in the morning. However, if the day before there was a full orgasm, there are no cramps.
With congestive prostatitis, the number of leukocytes in the secretion of the gland does not exceed the norm, pathogenic flora in the third portion of urine (when taking a three-glass sample) is absent.
When the first signs of prostatitis appear in men, the urologist conducts an external examination, examines the prostate through the rectum, determining the size of the affected organ, its structure and density. During palpation, movements of the doctor should be as careful as possible.
Additional diagnostic methods for symptoms of prostate inflammation in men:
- investigation of prostate secretion,
- laboratory diagnostics
- PCR study
- Ultrasound of the prostate
- magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography of the pelvic organs.
An examination is recommended as soon as signs of inflammation of the prostate appear. This will prevent complications, among which erectile dysfunction, hyperplasia and infertility are often found. The study of the causes and symptoms of prostatitis is in the competence of the urologist. It is he who should be consulted if even slight signs of prostate disease appear.
What is prostatitis in men
This disease is characterized by inflammation of the tissues of the prostate gland. Prostatitis is a disease that affects a vital male organ. The prostate in men is the gonad, which:
- secretes a clear secret that helps to liquefy sperm, maintain a slightly alkaline environment in it,
- provides nutrition, vitality, sperm motility,
- protects the genitourinary system from infection with the help of immunoglobulin A, spermine, which have antibacterial activity.
The prostate gland in a man is involved in the processes of:
- urination - filling, emptying the bladder, holding urine,
- hormonal metabolism - transforms testosterone into active dihydrotestosterone,
- ejaculation, sperm transportation by reducing smooth muscle fibers during intercourse,
- the formation of a sensation of orgasm - receptors give impulses to the brain during ejaculation,
- control erection.
Many patients make one common mistake - they begin to use folk remedies, delaying the development of the disease and increasing the risk of complications. The treatment regimen is selected strictly individually, only after determining the pathogen and determining the true cause of the development of inflammation with the cessation of the damaging factor - smoking, pyelonephritis, erectile dysfunction, hypothermia.
Inflammation of viral etiology is treated with antiviral drugs. Inflammation of the prostate, provoked by chlamydial infection, requires the use of antibacterial drugs. Much attention is paid to strengthening immunity.
In no case can you carry out treatment at home, since it is impossible to cure the disease in an acute form only with the help of traditional medicine. Chronic inflammatory process requires the intervention of experienced professionals. Modern drugs for treatment can quickly and effectively remove the inflammatory process and avoid the development of dangerous complications.
If you do not pay attention to the signs and symptoms of prostatitis, it is possible that the infection spreads to other organs of the pelvic area, intense pain can occur with difficulty urinating, the appearance of blood and pus in the urine. In a neglected form, the temperature rises with prostatitis in men, and the state of health noticeably worsens.
The main complications of prostatitis:
- vesiculitis (inflammation of the seminal vesicles),
- prostate sclerosis,
- prostate abscess
- prostate cysts
- purulent infections of neighboring organs.
Any of the complications can impair reproductive function, provoke sexual disorders. Chronic inflammation is especially dangerous. Against this background, urethral strictures often occur, qualitative and quantitative indicators of seminal fluid decrease. And this threatens the development of infertility in the future.
But the most formidable complication is gland hyperplasia with an increased risk of growth of malignant tumors. A man often does not even guess about the growth of adenoma and cancerous tumors until they reach an impressive size and there are difficulties when urinating.
What is affected by prostatitis
When symptoms of the inflammatory process appear, men should immediately seek the help of doctors. Running prostatitis leads to serious complications, is the cause of infertility. Development is not excluded:
- prostate adenomas
- vesiculitis - pathology of seminal vesicles,
- epididymitis - inflammation of the testicles,
- Urinary scarring
- purulent inflammation of the prostate, requiring surgical intervention,
- general blood poisoning.
Prevention of inflammation of the prostate gland is aimed at eliminating the influence of negative external and internal factors. It is recommended to avoid unprotected sexual intercourse, which leads to the development of sexually transmitted diseases, complicated by damage to the prostate tissue, as well as hypothermia and radiation exposure on the body.
Avoid overly tight trousers and underwear that squeezes the pelvic area. Stagnant processes in the genitourinary organs contribute to the active reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms, the progression of infectious diseases. It is also important to empty the bladder in a timely manner. One of the methods of prevention is a measured and regular sexual life. Prolonged abstinence leads to stagnation of blood, causes an inflammatory reaction.
An early appeal to a urologist for help at the first clinical manifestations of prostate diseases can prevent the chronic course of inflammatory processes and dangerous complications. It is much easier and easier to treat acute prostatitis than to fight the protracted course of the disease.
What is dangerous prostatitis?
Doctors recommend starting treatment with the appearance of the first clinical symptoms of the disease. For this, a man needs to contact a urologist already if a disease is suspected. The consequences of prostatitis can be very diverse: from dysfunction of sexual function to problems with conception and secondary infertility. The likelihood of developing such a pathology is 40% in the absence of proper therapy.The most formidable complication is prostate adenoma - a tumor of a malignant nature.
Among other negative consequences:
Which specialist treats the disease?
Diagnose a patient with inflammation of the prostate can only be a qualified doctor - a urologist. He collects an anamnesis and examines the patient. Then he sends the man for tests (PSA antigen - a protein for detecting prostatitis) and ultrasound of the pelvic organs.
Also, the patient without fail passes general blood and urine tests. Based on the results of all the tests performed, the urologist can accurately determine the diagnosis and form of inflammation of the prostate gland. Only after these procedures, the doctor can prescribe an individual course of treatment to the patient, including medications, antibiotics and other drugs that are usually taken at home.
Prostate adenoma or prostatitis?
Prostate adenoma is a benign neoplasm in the area of the prostate gland, usually this pathology is observed in men after 45-50 years. As an important reason for the formation of pathology, hormonal imbalance is recognized - over the years, the level of male hormones changes, decreases. There are also risk factors that contribute to the appearance of pathology - obesity, stress, atherosclerosis, harmful addictions.
The manifestation of the pathology is pronounced, therefore, even at the first stages of its development, you can accurately establish the diagnosis.
The course of prostate adenoma in men is characterized by translational movement, developing, the tumor provokes new clinical moments.
Symptoms of adenoma of the prostate and prostatitis in representatives of the strong half of humanity are similar - frequent difficult urination, burning in the prostate, pain, etc.
The course of the disease of prostate adenoma in men depends on the stage of this pathology.
The consequences of prostate adenoma in men are serious - renal failure, cystitis, urolithiasis.
Who is at risk
Anyone who has previously had problems with the prostate gland may face an ailment again
Having considered what causes prostatitis, one should determine the group of persons predisposed to its appearance. The following men are subject to the development of prostatitis:
- leading a sedentary lifestyle,
- suffering from frequent constipation,
- involved in sedentary work,
- subject to severe stress and hard physical work,
- having irregular sex or often changing sexual partners,
- previously had prostatitis,
- suffering from immune disorders,
- abusing alcohol and cigarettes.
Fungal prostatitis is one of the most rare forms of disease. In most cases, the causative agent is yeast-like fungi of the genus Candida. This representative of yeast-like fungi is part of a healthy human microflora. Under the influence of a number of factors, an increase in the fungus population occurs and infection of the genitals, urethra and prostate gland occurs.
Factors predisposing to the development of fungal prostatitis:
- decreased immunity,
- long-term antibiotic therapy,
- violation of the gastrointestinal tract.
A latent course is considered a feature of this form of the disease. In most cases, the inflammation is asymptomatic, which complicates the diagnosis, since the patient is not aware of the presence of the disease.
Watch a video on this topic:
In 95% of cases, a man knows exactly what diagnosis a urologist will give him, because the pains associated with inflammation of the prostate are very specific. You must constantly listen to your body, monitor all changes that occur with the body.
Only in this way will a man be able to maintain his male health for many years.Launched prostatitis threatens not only urination disorders, but also problems with libido, ejaculation, erection, which ultimately can lead to infertility.
Signs of illness
As a rule, three types of painful symptoms are distinguished:
- Disorders in the genitourinary system. Accompanied by a groin in the groin during urination and constant urge to the toilet. Blood discharge is possible. Urination occurs in small portions,
- Sexual dysfunction. Accompanied by pain in the canal, rectum during ejaculation. There is also a decrease in potency, frequent pollutions, loss of orgasm. There is a decline in erection or its complete absence,
- Disorders in the nervous system. They are accompanied by apathy, aggression, psychological and emotional disorder.
The cause of prostatitis is an infectious process.
Pathogenic and conditionally pathogenic microorganisms are the most common cause of prostatitis. The causative agents in this case are:
- nonspecific flora - Escherichia coli, cocci, Proteus found in 80% of infectious prostatitis,
- sexually transmitted infections - gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, mycoplasmosis and ureaplasmosis,
- viruses of influenza, mumps, herpes are a rare cause of prostatitis and are often forgotten.
They enter the bacteria retrograde from the urethra affected by a particular infection.
As for viruses, they are introduced into the prostate gland with a blood stream. In addition to herpes: it comes along the nerve endings. On the 5-8th day, a microbial component joins the viral inflammation, because bacterial prostatitis still develops.
The fungal component in men with normal immunity is almost never found. Yeast from the candida genus or representatives of the mold group appear against the background of prostatitis with deep and serious immunodeficiencies - AIDS, cytostatic therapy.
Based on only symptoms of prostatitis, a definitive diagnosis cannot be made. In addition, doctors must collect an anamnesis: information about the time of the onset of symptoms, their relationship with the main and significant events in life, physical and mental shocks, all possible predisposing factors are clarified, etc. A physiological examination is always performed - a digital rectal examination in the knee-elbow position a sick man lying on his side with bent legs or standing with his body tilted forward. During this study, you can find signs characteristic of prostatitis (the presence of all is not necessary):
- Enlargement of the male’s sex gland.
- The shape of the organ is regular or flattened with retraction.
- Dressed up or testy consistency.
- The smoothness of the borders of the prostate gland.
- Increased pain with pressure.
Further examination of the patient with symptoms of prostatitis is supplemented by laboratory methods. General and biochemical blood tests are prescribed - there are no specific changes in the indicators, only indirect signs that make it possible to judge the presence of an inflammatory process in a man's body (increase in the number of leukocytes, acute phase proteins, accelerated ESR, etc.). The results of urine tests will be valuable, which will make it possible to judge the presence of an infectious process in the genital tract, and will help determine the pathogen for initiating etiological treatment. Additionally, urologists can prescribe an analysis of prostate secretion, a spermogram.
Among instrumental methods for diagnosing prostate diseases, the most informative is TRUS - transrectal ultrasound. In this case, a special sensor is used, which the doctor inserts into the rectum. This gives discomfort to a sick man, but is compensated by the information content of this method.Using TRUS, you can evaluate the structure of the organ, judge the presence of inflammation of the tissues, the degree of narrowing of the urinary tract and exclude the presence of calculi. The main echoes of prostatitis are: organ enlargement, swelling, fibrosis, sclerotic tissue changes, coarse-grained and heterogeneous structure, etc.
TRUS - transrectal ultrasound
Additionally, for patients with prostatitis symptoms, uroflowmetry is performed - a special diagnostic manipulation in which a man measures urination speed. Based on the data from this study, conclusions can be drawn about the degree of narrowing of the urethra, detrusor activity. Uroflowmetry should not replace TRUS, but rather confirm its findings and signs of existing prostatitis.
The plan for a diagnostic examination for prostatitis can be expanded if a man has indications. To clarify certain points regarding the diagnosis, cystoscopy and CT of the small pelvis can be performed. In unclear cases, a biopsy is performed to differentiate with tumor processes.
How is inflammation of the prostate gland treated?
Early treatment makes therapy more effective, and treatment takes a minimal amount of time. In addition, sad consequences can be avoided this way.
Treatment methods are chosen by the doctor based on the patient’s age, characteristics of his body, condition, and severity of inflammation.
Treatment includes various methods:
- Conservative medication,
- Hardware physiotherapy,
- In severe cases - surgical intervention,
- Some cases allow therapy with folk remedies.
The main medicines for treatment:
- Antibacterial drugs based on fluoroquinolones, penicillins and macrolides,
- Anti-inflammatory drugs (Nimesulide, Diclofenac),
- Painkillers and antispasmodics, such as No-shpa,
- Medications to boost the immune system,
- Herbal remedies (Prostamol),
- For the regeneration of normal urination - muscle relaxants Baclofen, Midokalm, Sirdalud.
Surgery is prescribed when most of the parenchyma is affected, as a rule, this occurs in the chronic stage of prostatitis.
In case of minor organ damage, it is recommended to increase blood circulation by electrophoresis, magnetotherapy and laser therapy.
Treatment with folk recipes involves taking decoctions from parsley root, chicory, Kalanchoe. Effective treatment with wormwood, infusion of aspen bark. It is recommended that the patient add crushed pumpkin seeds to the food daily.
Characterization of individual forms of the disease
Acute prostatitis is an inflammation of a man’s prostate gland caused by penetration of an infectious agent into the body through blood, lymph, or urethra. The disease begins abruptly and is characterized by the severity of all clinical signs. The main symptoms of acute prostatitis:
- Raising body temperature to 39–40 degrees.
- Symptoms of general intoxication (headache, weakness, fatigue, decreased performance, etc.).
- Severe pain in the perineum, sacrum, over the pubic joint of a man.
- Rapid, painful urination.
- Sometimes men experience urinary retention.
A temperature of 39–40 is a clear sign of inflammation of the prostate gland.
Acute inflammation of the prostate gland usually ends with a recovery or a chronic process (symptoms can be disturbing for several months). But more often this form of prostatitis is primary and is the result of bad habits (alcohol abuse, smoking, etc.), a sedentary lifestyle, a deficiency of vitamins and minerals, prolonged sexual abstinence, or occurs due to non-aggressive sexually transmitted infections or exposure agents of normal microflora, etc.The clinical picture of chronic prostatitis looks more poorly relatively acute, the signs of the disease are inconsistent, which greatly complicates the diagnosis. The following symptoms are most typical for a chronic form of prostatitis:
- Increased urge to urinate, including at night.
- Soreness when urinating, as well as ejaculation.
- Dull aching pain in the lower back, pelvis, above the womb, etc.
Chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CFS) in a man combines periodically arising pain in the area of the prostate, temporary disorders of the urinary and reproductive systems. SCTB in medicine is a broader concept, since pathogenetically, the basis of the pathology can be a tumor or ischemic process, disorders of the nervous system, and not just inflammation. The inconsistency of the presence of signs of prostatitis in chronic pelvic pain syndrome makes it difficult to make a diagnosis, but it is much more difficult to do this with an asymptomatic form. In these cases, the main and decisive role is played by the data of laboratory and instrumental research methods.
What to give preference to?
- vegetables - beets, carrots, pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, broccoli,
- greens - onions, parsley, watercress, spinach, celery, dill, garlic, lettuce,
- fruits - apples, pears, figs, melon, apricots, peaches, watermelon,
- berries - cranberries, lingonberries, cherries,
- cereals - millet, pearl barley, oat, corn, rice, wheat,
- milk and its derivatives - kefir, cream, sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurt,
- low-fat varieties of meat, poultry, fish,
- other products - vegetable and butter peasant butter, honey, eggs, sugar, pumpkin seeds.
What should be excluded?
- fast food,
- concentrated broths and soups,
- spicy, spicy, fried and fatty dishes,
- canned food, sausages, smoked meats, fatty varieties of fish, meat,
- hot spices, seasonings, sauces,
- products containing caffeine or nutritional supplements - cola, tea, coffee, chocolate,
- carbonated drinks, alcohol.
Therapeutic gymnastics with inflammation of the male organ is useful as well as with any other disease. With regular use, it allows you to achieve the following improvements:
- restore blood circulation in the pelvic organs,
- increase the general tone, normalize the activity of the nervous system,
- strengthen the muscles of the perineum, pelvis, and femoral joints.
With prostatitis, it includes a whole set.
- Kegel exercises. They are aimed at strengthening the muscles of the perineum. You can determine them in the process of delaying the stream of urine. The peculiarity of the exercise is the alternating tension and relaxation of this group. In the first case, the exercise is performed at a fast pace, in the second - more calm, keeping the muscles in one state or another for 4-5 seconds.
- Yoga. It is aimed at eliminating stagnation in the center of the vital force located in the pubic zone. It is recommended to perform asanas “Triangle”, “Eagle”, “Closed ring”.
- Exercise therapy. Alternating exercises while standing, sitting and lying down. Jumps, squats, tilts, and kicks are performed. It is useful to hold stretch marks on the twine.
Stress has become an integral part of the life of a modern man, and in order to resist it, you need to develop your own strategy. It lies in the ability to cope with unpleasant problems, quickly returning to a normal state, harmonious balance.
To do this, you need:
- learn to find a way out of any situation,
- maintain good relationships with a close circle of people,
- change your lifestyle
- to engage in self-development and self-knowledge,
- protect your emotional and physical health.
The consequences of constant nervous tension are steadily leading to problems in the urogenital sphere of a man, so it is necessary to fight this condition.
Highly specialized drugs
Today, pharmaceutical companies produce drugs aimed specifically at the treatment of prostatitis of varying severity. The following are considered the most popular and effective:
- Vitaprost - a drug with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. It is available in the form of rectal suppositories, which are allowed to be used in acute and chronic form of prostatitis. With the course use of the medication, you can get a good therapeutic result.
- Prostamol Uno - A popular and effective tool based on a dense extract of Sabal palm. Available in capsule form, which must be consumed daily in an amount of 1 piece. It has a positive effect on the entire genitourinary system, due to the natural composition it rarely provokes side effects.
- Prostatic - An effective medication, produced in the form of rectal suppositories and injection. To achieve a pronounced therapeutic result, it will take at least 10 days. In severe cases, the course is extended until improvement occurs.
Such funds are used only after examination and identifying the severity of the condition. Experts are categorically against self-medication.
Physiotherapy is necessary for a chronic form of the disease - this is the only way to stop the disease. Naturally, patients take antibacterial drugs, and the treatment courses are quite long (sometimes 2-3 months).
Mandatory is prostate massage (it is contraindicated in the period of acute inflammation). During the procedure, it is possible to normalize the outflow of prostate secretion, as well as improve blood microcirculation (respectively, and tissue nutrition).
Patients are sent to sessions of laser and ultrasound therapy. Sometimes warm microclysters are carried out with special medicinal solutions. Immunomodulating drugs are also included in the treatment regimen.
Acute and chronic infections
Infectious lesions are the first thing that causes prostatitis. When penetrating the prostate infection, an inflammatory process develops. Most often, the provocateurs of these forms of prostatitis are diseases such as gonorrhea and urethritis.
pathological processes such as caries, tonsillitis, tuberculosis, etc. can provoke the development of infectious prostatitis.
In order to cure this form of the disease, it is necessary to eliminate the infectious agent, which has become the root cause of its development. Only after neutralization of the main causative agent of infection can prostatitis be completely cured.
In the life of every man there should be enough sex - otherwise he cannot escape problems with the prostate
The consequence of the lack of regular sex life can be the development of congestion in the prostate. In this case, blood circulation is disturbed in the organ, as a result of which the secret stagnates, which disrupts its functioning. All this can lead to prostate deformity and the development of the inflammatory process.
Regular sex life allows you to avoid stagnation of prostate secretion. Moreover, experts recommend that their patients refrain from messy relationships, finding a permanent sexual partner.
In recent decades, there has been a sharp trend in the transition from physical to mental labor. And it is precisely the sedentary lifestyle that is one of the main causes of prostatitis in men.
In addition, a sedentary lifestyle leads to a deterioration in the functions of the nervous, endocrine and cardiovascular systems. As a result, the cells of the prostate gland lack oxygen, which leads to the creation of optimal conditions for the propagation of pathogenic microflora.
And although sedentary work is not a direct cause of prostatitis, it creates optimal conditions for infection of the prostate gland. Therefore, to prevent prostatitis, the body should provide regular exercise.
When maintaining an active lifestyle, a person normalizes blood flow, the endocrine and nervous systems work better. Therefore, the tissues of the prostate gland are protected from oxygen starvation.
In the absence of regular sex life in the body, stagnation of the secret occurs. In view of this, blood circulation in the tissues of the prostate is impeded. The result of this is the same as with a passive lifestyle.
Oxygen starvation leads to the fact that ideal conditions for the propagation of pathogenic microflora appear in the tissues of the prostate gland. As a result, only a weak infection of the body will be enough to ensure the guaranteed development of prostatitis.
Freezing - a sure way to the appearance of pathology
Scientists say that it is hypothermia that acts as one of the main provocateurs of prostatitis. Prostatitis from hypothermia develops for several reasons:
- Due to hypothermia, a narrowing of blood vessels occurs, which leads to a weakening of the nutrition of tissues and a deterioration in the functioning of organs.
- With a significant freezing of the body, a person's immune system weakens. This leads to the fact that the body becomes susceptible to various types of infectious lesions.
Particularly dangerous are hypothermia for those men whose prostatitis has already developed earlier. Even if the disease has been treated, it can occur again.
To avoid the development of prostatitis, it is necessary to dress warmly in the cold season, to avoid sitting in the cold and on cold surfaces. It is also forbidden to walk barefoot on an insufficiently warm floor.
The development of prostatitis can occur not only due to the above reasons, but also under the influence of such factors:
- poor working conditions, in which there is a strong load on the perineum or significant shaking,
- hormonal disorders,
- SARS, carried on legs,
- Chronic constipation.
The best prevention of this disease is to avoid the above factors. Especially susceptible to the development of this disease are those men who have previously had prostatitis.
A bit of anatomy
To understand what causes prostatitis, it is necessary to know the features of the functioning of the prostate gland. The prostate is located between the bladder and the pelvic diaphragm. This gland is the most important organ, thanks to which the reproductive functionality of the male body is ensured.
You can restore erectile function! TESTED PEOPLE'S NEIGHBORHOOD ... Reviews My story spotenciey.ru
Treatment of PROSTATITIS according to a new technique. Every day is needed to restore prostate function ... Website Interview with a doctor bezprostatita.ru
The problem of a small size of dignity is solved. The erection mechanism is revealed ... Official site Restoration of bigbigrazmer.ru
- secretion of a component of sperm, ensuring the viability of sperm,
- synthesis of prostaglandins,
- sperm release.
The synthesis of prostaglandins promotes blood supply to the penis. In addition, these substances are involved in the production of testosterone. The prostate also acts as a valve, due to which urine and sperm do not mix during sexual arousal.
Thus, with violations of the prostate gland, a deterioration in the reproductive function of men is noted.
Due to the peculiarities of location and structure, this organ is vulnerable to the action of pathogenic bacteria that affect the urinary tract. This explains why prostatitis occurs.