Signs and symptoms of prostatitis in men: how to treat at home?
It is caused by inflammation of the tissues of the prostate gland, a purely male pathology. The prostate is located below the bladder, as the sleeve covers the urethra.
Inflammation can be infectious and non-infectious in nature. In the first case, pathogens are:
- Sexually transmitted infections.
- Nonspecific pathogens from chronic foci.
- Nosocomial infection obtained during surgery.
A non-infectious form of the disease occurs with blood stasis in the pelvis, prolonged abstinence, excessive sexual activity, decreased immunity, hypothermia, alcohol abuse. With the development of prostatitis in men, its treatment with drugs is carried out primarily
What happens in an acute illness?
Bacteria enter the tissue of the prostate gland.
Most often these are representatives of opportunistic flora - Escherichia coli, staphylococci, Klebsiella, Proteus.
With a decrease in immune defense, good conditions are created for their reproduction: prostatic juice is a concentrate of nutrients, glucose, and vitamins that dilute semen and maintain sperm viability.
The waste products of microbes and they themselves cause an inflammatory response - leukocytes migrate from the bloodstream, the liquid part of the blood flows through the vessel wall, edema develops, the gland increases in size, compresses the urethra more strongly.
Microbial toxins increase body temperature, symptoms of intoxication develop.
Signs of illness
Signs of prostatitis in men and its symptoms appear gradually.
Chills begin to disturb, body temperature rises, fever. Intoxication is increasing, muscles and joints ache, weakness appears, and working capacity decreases.
The temperature in some cases can remain normal, its increase will be noticeable when measured in the rectum. The reason is the immediate proximity of the inflammatory focus.
There is pain in the perineum, scrotum, radiating to the sacrum, lower back, anus.
Pain can be spilled in the pelvis, without a clear localization. When urinating, a characteristic pain occurs - burning and pain in the urethra.
The nature of urination changes. It becomes more frequent, the portion of urine decreases. Frequent night desires are characteristic. Sometimes acute urinary retention develops.
An enlarged prostate can squeeze the rectum, constipation or soreness during bowel movements.
Stagnation of urine and the proximity of the infectious focus leads to the development of cystitis, with the penetration of pathogens ascending into the kidneys, pyelonephritis occurs.
Additional symptoms may be colorless, white or yellow-green discharge from the urethra, blood in the semen.
The diagnosis is rarely difficult, its clinical picture is typical. For confirmation, a digital examination of the prostate through the rectum is used.
It is palpated as an enlarged, painful mass. They also take her secret for analysis.
Changes in general blood and urine tests will be inflammatory in nature. In the blood, the number of leukocytes, ESR increases, in the formula an increase in neutrophils.
Urine may contain white blood cells, bacteria.
Be sure to examine for sexually transmitted infections. Urine and prostate secretion are inoculated on culture media to diagnose the flora and its sensitivity to antibiotics.
For diagnosis, ultrasound of the prostate and transrectal ultrasound are used.Sometimes they carry out urethrocystoscopy, an urodynamic study, an x-ray.
Prostatitis in men: signs than to treat, drugs at home
Depending on the course of the disease, two forms of prostatitis are distinguished: spicy and chronicthe symptoms of which vary.
The following signs indicate the presence of acute prostatitis in the body:
- frequent urination,
- weak pressure and pain during urination,
- pain in the rectum and burning of the perineum during bowel movements,
- a sharp increase in body temperature.
- the most visible symptom is pus, which is released at the end of urination or defecation,
Can not be ignored and minor symptoms:
- prolonged erection during sleep,
- rapid ejaculation, often accompanied by painful sensations,
- decreased sexual desire.
Is it possible to cure yourself?
We dealt with signs of prostatitis in men. How to treat this disease at home?
“Can prostatitis be cured at home”, - a question to which doctors cannot give a definite answer. Even if a specific treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies has helped one patient, there is no guarantee that the same course will help another.
Disputes do not stop about the duration of home treatment. Do not panic if a course of alternative therapy has not given instant results. In order to achieve a positive result, you will need of the monthand sometimes even years.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis at home will be effective if the use of folk remedies is alternated with pharmacies. It is important to always consult with a specialist so as not to aggravate the problem. It is undesirable to focus on a specific recipe, it is always worth trying something new.
Diagnosed symptoms of prostatitis in men and its treatment with what drugs the doctor decides based on the tests.
The basic principles of treatment:
- Bed rest.
- Prohibition of prostate massage.
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics.
- Painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Correction of urination disorders.
- Blood flow improvement.
Medications for prostatitis in men (list, price will be lower) should have good permeability in the gland tissue, have a bactericidal, and not bacteriostatic effect.
This will contribute to the destruction of the pathogen and prevent the transition to a chronic form.
The following drugs have the best effect:
- Levofloxacin belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones, penetrates well into the tissue of the prostate gland. Used to treat complicated and uncomplicated urinary tract infections. Contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity, epilepsy, renal failure. Side effect - tendon damage, allergies, nausea. Price from 77 rub.
- Sparfloxacin is a low-toxic drug of the fluoroquinolone group. Active against most non-specific microorganisms, ineffective against treponema. Contraindicated in arrhythmias, intolerances, renal failure. The course of treatment of prostatitis up to 14 days. The cost of 314 p.
- Ciprofloxacin - fluoroquinolone, is used in the treatment of urinary tract infections. Contraindicated in case of impaired renal function. If persistent diarrhea develops, the medicine should be discontinued. Price from 19 p.
- Amoxicillin is a semi-synthetic penicillin that penetrates poorly into non-inflammatory tissues, but is very effective in inflammation. It has a wide spectrum of action. It costs from 100 rubles.
In order to anesthetize and relieve inflammation, medications for prostatitis are used, inexpensive and effective of them are as follows:
- Ibuprofen, analogues of Nurofen, MIG. It acts anti-inflammatory, reduces moderate pain. Contraindicated in gastric and duodenal ulcers, bleeding, kidney disease. It costs from 17 p.
- Analgin (metamizole sodium) is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, the analgesic effect prevails, and very weak anti-inflammatory. Contraindicated in diseases of the blood, kidneys and liver. Cost from 12 r. for 10 tablets.
- Nimesulide is an effective pain reliever. Analogs Nise, Nimelid. Able to thin blood. Price from 70 p.
- Ketorolac is the most powerful analgesic effect among non-narcotic analgesics. You can not take for a long time, more than 3 days, since it can cause a stomach ulcer. The cost of 39 p.
- Diclofenac, analogues of Voltaren, Ortofen, Naklofen. It has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect. The price is from 16 rubles.
Correction of urination disorders
- For this purpose, drugs of several groups are used. Diuretics increase the outflow of urine, mechanically wash out the infection and metabolic products. Furosemide is indicated for kidney diseases, nephritic syndrome. It can not be prescribed for anuria, a violation of the water-electrolyte balance. Price - 24 p.
- Antispasmodics (Drotaverin, or No-shpa) relieve spasm of smooth muscles, help relax the bladder and urethra, and prevent urinary retention. It has a slight analgesic effect. The cost of 20 tablets from 12 rubles.
- Alpha blockers facilitate the act of urination. The drug Tamsulosin is used. It is also recommended for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Analogs - Omnic, Fokusin, Proflosin, Omsulosin. The cost of packaging is from 390 rubles.
Blood flow improvement
Medicines of this group improve microcirculation, thin the blood and make it more fluid:
- Pentoxifylline is indicated for disorders of microcirculation, peripheral circulation as a result of inflammation. Contraindicated in case of massive bleeding, cardiac arrhythmias. It is used with caution after surgery due to the risk of bleeding. The cost of packaging is 100 r. An analogue is Trental, the price is much higher, from 450 p.
- Cavinton is used to improve cerebral circulation, but it can be used to reduce blood viscosity by reducing platelet adhesion. It also increases the release of oxygen by red blood cells in the tissue. The price of tablets is 227 rubles.
With the development of symptoms of severe intoxication, drip administration of solutions of Ringer, Hemodez, Lactosol or 0.9% sodium chloride is recommended.
A complication of constipation is eliminated by taking laxatives (Dufolac, castor oil).
Symptoms of prostatitis at home can be removed by the following exposure methods:
- Electrical stimulation with prostatitis. Current impulses stimulate physiological drainage of the prostate, relieve unwanted congestions. The parameters of the device (current strength and frequency) are individually regulated.
- Laser therapy with prostatitis. Laser exposure accelerates the regeneration in cells, changes the phase of edema to the phase of scarring, strengthens the immunity of tissues, anesthetizes.
- Magnetic therapy for prostatitis. Promotes changes in the functioning of the nervous system. It has decongestant, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
- Matrix Urologist. Refers to laser devices. Use is acceptable in combination with other methods of treating prostatitis.
- "Simple". An electromagnetic device has a local effect on the prostate with a laser, magnetic field and vibration. It can be used as an independent treatment technique, or in combination with the use of drugs.
- "Vitafon". The changing sound frequency produced by the device contributes to the creation of vibrations in the affected area.The device reduces resistance in blood vessels and improves blood circulation.
- Intramag. At the same time it combines several effects on the body: micromassage, electrophoresis, magnetophoresis, urethral rinsing.
Use two techniques massage with prostatitis:
- The patient lies down and bends his legs to the body, his face should be turned to the person who performs massage. The bougie penetrates the urination channel, reaching an inflamed organ, it is massaged for a minute and a half. Recommended Course - up to 14 days.
- The most popular technique is transrectal.
The person who is doing the massage puts a glove on his hand.
Then, with the index finger or middle finger smeared with petroleum jelly, it penetrates the patient's colon by 5 cm.
The attending person is obliged to constantly change positions: the first position is on the elbows and knees, the second is on the elbows, leaning on a special table, the third is on the side with legs bent at the knees.
The benefits of massage:
- blood circulation in the prostate gland improves,
- glands are freed from unwanted congestions,
- promotes the penetration of drugs into the affected areas,
- as a result of massage, the secretion of the prostate gland is released for analysis.
Physical activity on the prostate gland positively affects only when combined with other treatment methods.
Exercise therapy helps to improve blood circulation in the prostate and relieves swelling.
To varieties physical activity include: exercise therapy, Kegel gymnastics, yoga, heavy shower and perineum massage.
Positive sides physiotherapy exercises:
- the work of organs located in the pelvic area is stimulated,
- blood supply to the prostate improves and nutrition is stabilized,
- Unwanted clusters are displayed.
Only flaw Exercise therapy - contraindication to the performance of a particular exercise. In this case, the doctor selects an acceptable course of treatment that does not require special efforts.
If not treated?
Most men promptly seek help from a urologist when the first symptoms of acute prostatitis appear. Poorly treated acute prostatitis in men (symptoms) treatment will drag on for a long time. A sclerotic process develops at the site of inflammation, which will lead to urination disorders.
A purulent focus may form, then an abscess of the prostate will form. In this case, symptoms of intoxication increase, there is an acute urinary retention.
If the disease becomes chronic, then the signs of prostatitis in men and its treatment is left to chance. Few people ask for help during periods of exacerbation, preferring to take pain medication and drink an antibiotic on their own.
But such treatment further contributes to the chronicity of the disease, the development of resistance of microorganisms. After each exacerbation, the infection penetrates higher into the urinary tract, cystitis, pyelonephritis develops, infertility can occur. Unpleasant sensations during exacerbation lead to a decrease in libido and potency.
The causes of the disease
A common cause of prostatitis in men is a bacterial infection in the body. The catalysts of the disease, as a rule, are hypothermia, various inflammatory processes that occur in the body and transferred venereal diseases. This is an incomplete list of causative agents of the disease. Other possible causes of the disease:
- Violation of the pelvic circulation (congestion causes inflammation of the prostate).
- Decreased immunity.
- Disturbed hormonal background of a man.
- Prolonged abstinence, interruption of sexual intercourse or its artificial extension.
- Passive, sedentary lifestyle.
- Vitamin deficiency, lack of trace elements.
- Frequent hypothermia.
- Excessive physical exertion, anxiety, stress.
The main signs and symptoms
Prostatitis is a disease that is easier to prevent than to cure. There are several options for its classifications, but among them it is worth highlighting three main forms of the disease: acute, chronic and congestive. Based on the symptoms of the types of disease described below, the doctor diagnoses one of the existing forms of the disease in the patient.
What it is?
Prostatitis - inflammation of the seminal (prostate) gland - the prostate. It manifests itself as frequent urination with an admixture of blood, pus in the urine, pain in the penis, scrotum, rectum, sexual disorders (erectile dysfunction, early ejaculation, etc.), sometimes urinary retention. Possible abscess prostate gland, inflammation of the testicles and appendages, which threatens infertility. Climbing the infection leads to inflammation of the upper parts of the genitourinary system (cystitis, pyelonephritis).
Treatment of prostatitis varies depending on what form of the disease occurs in men. So, bacterial prostatitis can occur both in acute form and as a chronic disease. Quite often, non-bacterial prostatitis, which proceeds as a chronic ailment, is also diagnosed. This kind of prostatitis is also called chronic pelvic pain syndrome. In such patients, all the symptoms characteristic of prostatitis are observed, but there are no bacteria in the secretion of the prostate gland.
Prostatitis develops when an infectious agent penetrates, which enters the prostate tissue from the organs of the genitourinary system (urethra, bladder) or from a remote inflammatory focus (with pneumonia, flu, tonsillitis, furunculosis).
There are a number of risk factors that increase the likelihood of developing prostatitis.
In acute prostatitis
The disease often develops suddenly, like acute inflammation with symptoms characteristic of this disease. In the presence of this form of prostatitis, the temperature of a man rises to 38-39 degrees, cutting pains appear in the groin, in the anal canal, behind the pubis. The processes of defecation and urination are invariably accompanied by acute pain.
Why does prostatitis develop?
Currently, the causes of prostatitis are divided into two large groups:
- Infectious (sexually transmitted infections (penetration into the prostate tissue of the pathogen microbes, viruses, bacteria, fungi, etc.): also the presence of foci of chronic infection (chronic tonsillitis, sinusitis, kidney pathology), operations on the pelvic organs, etc. )
- Non-infectious (stagnant) (decreased immunity, hypothermia, decreased physical activity, a sedentary sedentary lifestyle, prolonged sexual abstinence and, conversely, excessive sexual activity, alcohol abuse, etc.).
The development of prostatitis is facilitated by injuries, impaired blood and lymph circulation in the pelvic organs, hormonal disorders (absolute or relative androgen deficiency).
Thus, it is emphasized that the isolated entry of the pathogen into the tissues of the organ is not always and not necessarily the cause of the development of the disease. The most commonly identified pathogen is E. coli (86%), followed by Klebsiella, Proteus, Enterococcus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa. With regard to streptococci, staphylococci, chlamydia, mycoplasmas, ureaplasmas, the opinions of researchers about their importance in the development of the disease differ. Very rarely, specific pathogens become the causes of prostatitis (pale treponema, Koch's wand, etc.).
In chronic form
Symptoms of chronic prostatitis and its treatment in men are diagnosed more often than an acute form of the disease. The disease at first practically does not bother a person. Symptoms, although similar to those of acute prostatitis, are minimal.Body temperature can only occasionally rise to 37 degrees, sometimes discomfort appears in the groin and at the time of urination. One of the characteristic symptoms of a chronic form is a characteristic discharge from the urethra.
Prostatitis often develops as a complication of any infectious disease that is transmitted sexually, for example, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, ureaplamosis. During the disease, only minor symptoms appear: discomfort during urination becomes more pronounced, pain in the perineum occurs more often, during defecation, fluid is released from the urethra. Often the signs are so mild that the man does not even notice them.
After a certain time, the patient observes problems of erectile function. Doctors attribute this to the transition of inflammation to the nerves that pass through the prostate gland, which are responsible for erection. Chronic disease negatively affects the general well-being and mood of a man. Often appear uncharacteristic to the patient irritability, discontent.
For the alleged reason of inflammation, prostatitis is divided into:
- Acute bacterial - pathogenic microflora causes serious damage to the tissues of the prostate with a pronounced inflammatory reaction. Most often develops when infected with gonococcus and other STI pathogens.
- Chronic bacterial - the association of pathogenic or conditionally pathogenic bacteria causes a sluggish inflammation, the activity of which persists for more than 2 months. As a rule, streptococci, staphylococci, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella, Mycoplasma, ureaplasma, Chlamydia, herpes viruses, yeast-like candida fungus are causative agents.
- Chronic abacterial - in the presence of an inflammatory process in the prostate, it is not possible to detect the causative microflora. A similar form of the disease develops when urine is thrown into the ducts of the prostate gland, stagnation of venous blood in the pelvis, and violation of its emptying (rare or too frequent ejaculation). In the latter case, the disease is called congestive prostatitis.
When did a chronic illness develop?
Inadequate treatment, an incomplete course of antibiotic therapy, and a decrease in immunity lead to the formation of a focus of chronic infection.
When exposed to provoking factors, it can become aggravated.
Sometimes the symptoms are mild. The aching pain, muffled, to the violation of urination, the man gets used to and takes frequent desires for granted.
With an exacerbation, there will be changes in the analysis of urine - bacteria and white blood cells appear.
The chronic process is dangerous because it creates an infectious focus that can spread throughout the body under favorable conditions. This affects erection, potency and the ability to have children.
This form of the disease is inherent in men who lead a passive lifestyle and do not have regular sexual contacts. Congestive prostatitis, as a rule, affects mature men, but it also occurs in young people. The problem can occur against the background of chronic prostatitis, but its occurrence is due to other reasons. The main symptom of congestive disease is a violation of the genitourinary system.
The onset of prostatitis is characterized by inflammation of the excretory tract and detachment of the epithelium, which causes pain during urination. However, even insignificant complications when going to the toilet for a man should be the reason for going to the urologist. Severe cases of congestive prostatitis are fraught with a complete cessation of the functioning of the urethra.
The second characteristic symptom of the disease is a gradual violation of the erection. In men, with the development of congestive prostatitis, erectile function decreases, the orgasm becomes dull. Over time, sexual dysfunction begins to develop very quickly.In addition, congestive prostatitis is often characterized by a characteristic burning sensation in the perineum or in the area of the urethra of men. Symptom is also itching in the inguinal region, fever, signs of intoxication.
Symptoms of prostatitis and the first signs
In a man, the first signs of prostatitis are very diverse and include a complex of disorders in the seed:
- involuntary urination
- the appearance of discomfort and pain during urination,
- frequent urination,
- soreness with prolonged sitting in the perineum,
- decreased potency
- problems with urination, impaired erection and sexual desire, infertility,
- difficulty urinating, sensation of obstruction when urinating,
- weak stream when urinating,
- feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder after urination,
- the impossibility of an erection or a decrease in the duration of an erection,
- decreased libido
- in some cases, the main symptom of prostatitis is male infertility.
In order to prevent the development of the disease, any infections should be treated in a timely manner - from colds to caries and purulent foci. They can become a source of infection of any other organs.
Sexuality matters for this disease.
Long abstinence affects badly - stagnation of secretion occurs, blood flow is disturbed.
Frequent change of sexual partner, casual relationships increase the risk of getting a sexually transmitted infection. Containing ejaculation, prolonged, repeated, incomplete sexual intercourse is harmful.
The general level of health, smoking cessation, alcohol consumption, and physical activity are important.
Symptoms of acute prostatitis
There are three stages of acute prostatitis, which are characterized by the presence of a certain clinical picture and morphological changes:
- Acute catarrhal prostatitis. Patients complain of rapid, often painful urination, pain in the sacrum and perineum.
- Acute follicular prostatitis. The pains become more intense, sometimes radiating to the anus, intensify with bowel movements. Urination is difficult, urine flows in a thin stream. In some cases, urinary retention is noted. Subfebrile condition or moderate hyperthermia.
- Acute parenchymal prostatitis. Severe general intoxication, hyperthermia up to 38-40 ° C, chills. Dysuric disorders, often acute urinary retention. Sharp, throbbing pain in the perineum. Difficulty in the act of defecation.
Symptoms of Chronic Prostatitis
In rare cases, chronic prostatitis becomes the outcome of an acute process, however, as a rule, primarily chronic prostatitis with erased symptoms develops. Temperature occasionally rises to subfebrile values. A patient with chronic prostatitis notes discomfort or slight pain in the perineum, discomfort during the act of urination and defecation. The most characteristic symptom of chronic prostatitis is scanty discharge from the urethra during an act of defecation.
It should be remembered that primary chronic prostatitis develops over a significant period of time. It is preceded by prostatosis (stagnation of blood in the capillaries), which gradually turns into abacterial prostatitis (the initial stage of inflammation).
Chronic prostatitis is often a complication of the chronic inflammatory process caused by the causative agent of a specific infection (chlamydia, trichomonas, ureaplasma, gonococcus). Symptoms of a specific inflammatory process in many cases mask the manifestations of chronic prostatitis. Perhaps a slight increase in pain during urination, slight pain in the perineum, scanty discharge from the urethra during bowel movements.A slight change in the clinical picture and the addition of chronic prostatitis often goes unnoticed by the patient.
Chronic prostatitis can be manifested by a burning sensation in the urethra and perineum, dysuria, sexual disorders, and increased general fatigue. The consequence of impaired potency (or fear of these disorders) often becomes mental depression, anxiety and irritability. The clinical picture of chronic prostatitis does not always include all, without exception, the listed groups of symptoms, varies in different patients and varies over time.
There are three main syndromes characteristic of chronic prostatitis:
- Dysuric syndrome (urination disorder).
As a result of inflammation in chronic prostatitis, the volume of the prostate compresses the ureter. The clearance of the ureter decreases. A patient with prostatitis has frequent urination, a feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder. As a rule, dysuric phenomena are expressed in the early stages of chronic prostatitis. Then compensatory hypertrophy of the muscle layer of the bladder and ureters develops. Symptoms of dysuria during this period weaken, and then increase again with decompensation of adaptive mechanisms.
- Pain syndrome in chronic prostatitis.
There are no pain receptors in prostate tissue. The cause of pain in chronic prostatitis becomes almost inevitable, due to the abundant innervation of the pelvic organs, involvement in the inflammatory process of the nerve pathways.
Patients with chronic prostatitis complain of pain of varying intensity - from mild, aching to intense, disturbing sleep. There is a change in the nature of pain (increased or weakened) with ejaculation, excessive sexual activity or sexual abstinence. Pain radiates to the scrotum, sacrum, perineum, and sometimes to the lumbar region. It must be borne in mind that lower back pain occurs not only with prostatitis. The cause of pain in this area can be osteochondrosis and a number of other diseases.
- Sexual disorders with chronic prostatitis.
In the initial stages of chronic prostatitis, dyspotency may develop, which manifests itself differently in different patients. Patients may complain of frequent nightly erections, an erased orgasm, or worsening erection. Accelerated ejaculation is associated with a decrease in the threshold level of excitation of the orgasmic center. Pain during ejaculation can cause a prostatitis patient to refuse to have sex. In the future, sexual disorders become more pronounced. At an advanced stage of chronic prostatitis, impotence develops.
The degree of sexual disorder in chronic prostatitis is determined by many factors, including the sexual constitution and psychological mood of the patient. Potency and dysuria disorders can be caused by both changes in the prostate gland and suggestibility of the patient, who, if he has chronic prostatitis, expects the inevitable development of sexual and urination disorders. Especially often, psychogenic dyspotension and dysuria develop in suggestible, anxious patients.
Impotence, and sometimes even the threat of possible sexual dysfunctions, is difficult to tolerate by patients with prostatitis. Often there is a change in character, irritability, obtrusiveness, excessive preoccupation with one's own health and even “withdrawal into a disease”.
As complications of both acute and chronic prostatitis, a number of serious diseases and conditions occur. So, in a man who had prostatitis, the number of male sex hormones can significantly decrease, which causes a decrease in sexual desire. As a result, a person has constant problems with an erection.In addition, difficulties with potency in a man with prostatitis can occur as a result of a number of psychological problems.
Another serious complication of chronic prostatitis is infertility, which is observed in about 40% of patients suffering from a chronic form of the disease.
Sometimes, prostate stones and prostate cysts are noted as complications of prostatitis. An even more formidable complication is prostate sclerosis: a condition where the gland decreases and stops functioning fully. In this irreversible condition, the patient is doomed to constant pain, problems with urination, sexual disorders.
Prostate adenoma, which is a benign formation, also often develops precisely as a result of prostatitis. With adenoma, surgical intervention is inevitable.
The most formidable complication of prostatitis in men is prostate cancer, which is fraught with the most serious consequences.
All these complications, as well as the direct disease of chronic prostatitis, significantly worsen the life of a man. That is why timely competent treatment of prostatitis is extremely necessary.
Changes in prostatitis
Thanks to active agitation and ubiquitous advertising today, even schoolchildren know not only about symptoms, but also how to treat the prostate. However, the absence of any signs prevents not only the correct selection of drugs, but also the time to make a diagnosis. The best way to prevent inflammation is to visit the clinic more often. Therefore, how often the diagnosis of prostatitis is carried out during a routine examination by a urologist.
If there are complaints, an experienced doctor may already suspect inflammation of the prostate and prescribe appropriate tests, among which they often carry out:
- digital rectal examination
- analysis of secretion and seminal fluid,
- ultrasound examination of the prostate,
- urine and blood tests,
- taking a smear from the urethra.
How to treat prostatitis?
Prostatitis in men is treated depending on the form of the disease.
Acute inflammation is an indication for hospitalizing a patient in a urological hospital; in chronic patients undergo therapy at home. If the cause of the disease was a sexually transmitted infection, the prescribed antibiotics should be taken by both partners.
Physiotherapy and massage of the prostate
Prostate massage. It is currently one of the main methods in the treatment of prostatitis. Many experts believe that the treatment of prostatitis without this procedure is impossible at all. However, reliable clinical data on how effective massage is not. Many patients report a significant improvement in their condition according to many criteria after a course of massage. Therefore, let's consider the methodology of this procedure and the mechanism of its therapeutic effect.
For the procedure, the patient takes a knee-elbow pose. Thanks to this position, the pelvic muscles relax as much as possible. The doctor wears rubber gloves, the index finger of the glove is lubricated with a special gel-like lubricant. Gently the index finger is inserted into the ampoule of the anus. This is followed by feeling the front wall of the rectum. Having felt the prostate, the urologist makes stroking pressure.
Due to pressure on the prostate gland, mechanical secretion of the gland secretion into the urethra occurs. The urethra is the outflow of the latter. It is recommended that each time after massage of the prostate, a microscopic analysis of the secretion of the prostate is performed to assess the dynamics of the process.
However, secretion of prostate secretion is not the only positive effect in massage. There is also an increase in blood circulation in the prostate gland, which leads to improved resistance to infection and accelerated recovery of damaged tissues.
Microwave microwave therapy.Local exposure to microwave waves leads to an increase in temperature in the heated region. With an increase in local temperature to a level of 39-40 degrees, vasodilation occurs, blood flow accelerates, immune cells are attracted to the focus and activated to fight the infection. Also, an increase in temperature leads to a decrease in spasm of smooth muscles, which leads to better drainage of the secretion of the prostate gland and a decrease in soreness.
During inflammation, congestion occurs in the prostate gland, which provokes swelling and soreness of the organ.
Physical training will help disperse blood, tone the gland and speed up metabolic processes. Physical therapy consists of static and dynamic exercises, you can also perform special exercises according to Kegel, which consists in the reduction and relaxation of the muscles located in the pelvic area.
The diet for prostatitis in men is based on the principles of a healthy diet and the restriction of harmful foods. The diet is selected taking into account the severity of the manifestation of the disease and the characteristics of the body. All products that cause allergies or exacerbation of symptoms are prohibited.
The basic principles of the diet:
- adding garlic and onion, mustard to dishes,
- preparation of the menu taking into account the phase of exacerbation,
- quitting any kind of alcohol and smoking,
- exclusion from the diet of spices, preservatives, convenience foods, spicy and salty dishes,
- regular meals, preferably at the same time,
- diet supplement with exercise and walking,
- refusal of fatty and smoked dishes,
- the use of vegetable salads, greens,
- minimal heat treatment of fruits and vegetables,
- restriction of salt and sweets,
- constant maintenance of a diet and refusal of harmful products.
- various soups (rich broths are undesirable),
- cereals (oat, millet, buckwheat, and others), pasta, spaghetti,
- vegetable fats (olive oil is highly recommended),
- fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables (melons and watermelons, squash and pumpkin, parsley and salad, green peas and cauliflower, cucumbers and tomatoes, beets, potatoes and carrots),
- fermented milk products (bifidoc, yogurt, airan, cottage cheese, fermented baked milk, kefir, sour cream),
- lean meats and ocean fish,
- gray bread
- dried fruits,
One of the very important substances in the prevention of prostatitis is zinc, so you often need to use healthy seafood, pumpkin seeds, which have a lot of zinc, white poultry, walnuts and beef.
Folk remedies for home treatment
Before using folk remedies, be sure to consult a urologist ..
- Pumpkin powder. Dried pumpkin seeds must be ground in a blender or coffee grinder until flour is obtained. The resulting dry powder is recommended to be taken a couple of times a day, washed down with copious amounts of water. The course of treatment lasts about a month and is repeated every six months.
- Juice from black elderberry. After sleep, drink a glass of water. Then, after about 15 minutes, drink 1 tbsp. a spoonful of elderberry juice. You need to drink the drug before meals. The minimum course of treatment is 10 days. A side effect may be an increase in body temperature, which will indicate the start of the healing process from prostatitis.
- Bee pollen is a real storehouse of vitamins and minerals for men's health. No recipes should be invented with her: to reduce tension in the perineum, improve blood circulation in the prostate gland and normalize general sexual activity, it is enough to eat 1-2 teaspoons of the pure product 3 times a day. In order to prevent the development of relapses of the disease, pollen is recommended to be consumed on a regular basis.
- Propolis, which has an antibacterial effect, is a good helper in the fight against prostate inflammation. For oral administration: 40 drops of a 20% alcohol tincture of propolis should be dissolved in 100 g of water, taken half an hour before meals. The course lasts 45 days.
- Parsley. For the treatment of prostatitis, seeds, leaves and roots of the plant are used. Tinctures are prepared from seeds and roots according to the same recipes: 1 tablespoon of the drug is poured with 100 grams of boiling water and insisted for a day. It is recommended to squeeze out the leafy part of the plant and immediately consume the juice.
- Tincture of bark or leaves of hazel. Take one tablespoon of leaves or bark of hazel, brew boiled water in a glass, cover tightly, let it brew for half an hour, strain and take 1/4 cup of infusion 4 times a day. Usually a week of such procedures is enough. Note: it is necessary to brew hazel bark twice as long as it is hard. At each brewing, it is better to use fresh ingredients, but you can use already used ones.
How to prevent the development of prostatitis at any age?
- The use of barrier methods of contraception (condom), especially when it comes to anal sex,
- Timely treatment of STIs,
- Regular sex life, bringing intercourse to full ejaculation,
- Prevention of perineal injuries, when practicing traumatic sports should use all possible methods of protection,
- Personal hygiene
- Providing sufficient physical activity.
Despite the fact that today prostatitis is not associated with the risk of developing adenoma or prostate cancer, the disease brings a lot of suffering to its owner. A man exhausted by chronic pain, feeling his sexual weakness, tired of prolonged treatment noticeably changes externally and experienced doctors identify such patients at a glance. To avoid such a fate, you should be careful about your health, carefully protect yourself with each new partner and treat sexually transmitted diseases on time.
Prostatitis is not completely treated in all cases, but an experienced urologist can significantly improve the patient's condition and quality of life.
Complete recovery without any consequences is the most typical outcome. In some cases, a complication in the form of chronic inflammation with the development of chronic bacterial prostatitis or the so-called. "Chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome."
Other complications are also possible: prostate abscesses, prostate fistula, sepsis, ascending urinary infection - cystitis, pyelonephritis, autoimmune infertility, due to antisperm antibodies.
The first symptoms and signs of inflammation of the prostate in men
At a young age, men do not always consult a doctor if they have rapid ejaculation, a decrease in sex drive. This can be an alarming bell about the onset of prostatitis.
Until the moment when it becomes painful for a person to go to the toilet a little, several years may pass. Prostatitis is most often asymptomatic at first.
The signs of the disease join with a decrease in libido over time:
- pain in the perineum, lower abdomen, in the scrotum,
- ejaculation disorders
- the appearance of blood in the urine,
- concomitant symptoms: nervousness, sleep disturbance, depressive states, poor appetite.
The main manifestation of the disease is rapid urination, which is sometimes seriously difficult and is accompanied by severe pain. Blood in the urine signals the beginning of a purulent process in the organ. The main symptoms are an increase in temperature, swelling of the gland.
Is it possible to cure prostatitis at home?
If the patient has severe intoxication of the body, treatment in the clinic will be required to withdraw from this condition.
Hospitalization will be needed if urination has stopped due to swelling of the gland. Surgery will be prescribed.
In other cases, you can be treated at home. It is important to follow all the doctor's recommendations.
How to deal with a disease at home to get rid of it quickly?
After the examination, the doctor prescribes treatment that can be taken at home. It consists of several points:
Medical and preventive measures also include following the rules of a healthy lifestyle: giving up bad habits and regular physical activity. A prerequisite for a speedy recovery is nutritional correction. From the diet, spicy, salty, spicy, smoked food, fatty meat, alcohol, soda, sweet muffin are urgently removed.
Antibacterial pills and other medicines
With manifestations of non-infectious prostatitis, the appointment of antibiotics is not required. If bacteria join the disease, you can’t do without them.
Most often prescribed drugs from the groups:
- levofloxacins: Eleflox, Tavanic,
- ciprofloxacins:Cifran, Ciprinol,
- ofloxacin: Zanocin, Ofloxin.
Tetracycline drugs are rarely used, as they have many side effects. The exception is Unidox Solutab. Intravenously administered: Suprax, Ceftriaxone, Zefspan, Kefadim.
Penicillins of the latest generation are popular: Amoxiclav, Augmentin. Less commonly prescribed macrolides: Sumamed, Zitrolide, Clarithromycin.
Candles are very popular. They quickly relieve pain and cramping, eliminate inflammation in the focus of infection, and relieve swelling. Vitaprost, Voltaren, Diclofenac, Ichthyol suppositories are very effective.
The drug Afala consists of plant components. It is used only in combination therapy with other agents. The medicine helps with ejaculation disorders. Prostamol is prescribed for weakening erectile function. Both drugs improve blood circulation in the body.
Self-massage of the prostate against inflammation and erectile dysfunction
Self-massage is a necessary component in the treatment of problems with the gland. With the help of the procedure, blood circulation in the organ improves, the accumulated purulent secret is squeezed out, the prostate comes into a state of tonus.
Massage is carried out as follows:
- the patient takes a knee-elbow pose or lies on his side, bending his knees,
- the index finger in gloves, pre-lubricated with petroleum jelly, is inserted into the anus,
- the patient makes stroking movements along the inflamed organ. A small tubercle can be easily felt
- then the intensity of the massage movements increases. They are done in a circle, figure eight, down and up,
- at the end of the procedure, it should be done along the central groove of the organ.
The duration of the massage is 2 minutes, it all depends on the patient's sensations. A sign of a properly organized procedure is the release of a small amount of prostatic juice.
What to do exercise?
If the cause of the development of the disease is a violation of blood circulation in the body, you can restore circulation using special exercises:
- squats. The most effective exercises to bring the body in tone. Squat should be deep with arms raised. Quantity - at least a hundred times per session. If there is pain in the legs, it means that the muscles are weak, blood supply to the pelvic and gland organs is impaired. You can do the exercises three times a week. It’s better to do three sets of 50 times with a three-minute break,
- exercise "scissors". Perform movement on the floor, the emphasis with his hands - behind. Machs kick twenty times each,
- lifting straight legs from the “lying on my stomach” position. Quantity - 20 times with each foot.
Effective with prostatitis will be exercises to reduce sphincter muscles. They need to be trained several times a day, the amount - thirty times. At first, discomfort will occur.
Effective physiotherapy as a method of therapy
There are many devices for home treatment of prostatitis on sale.
The most popular with men are Vitafon (vibroacoustic apparatus) and Almag (intended for magnetotherapy).
Less commonly used Darsonval, Electron. All devices have contraindications for use: organ tuberculosis and cancer.
Why is self-medication dangerous?
Despite the fact that prostatitis is successfully treated at home, you can not do without the recommendations of a doctor. The disease can be masked by cystitis, tumor disease, neuralgia.
Self-medication threatens infertility, prostate sclerosis, impotence. In severe cases, with an infectious form of the disease, a fatal outcome is possible
What helps best: reviews of men and doctors
Doctors agree with patients, since the drug penetrates directly into the affected organ.
Candles with antibiotics work especially well.. Prostamol, according to doctors, helps only with a non-infectious type of disease. Men approve of the use of the drug, because it has a good effect on erectile function.
Microclysters with herbal infusions help many patients. Doctors remind that the use of traditional medicine recipes should occur in conjunction with other treatment methods. Both patients and doctors agree that in most cases, antibiotics of a wide spectrum of action quickly remove the symptoms of inflammation.
How to treat prostatitis at home with folk remedies:
Prostatitis is a disease of the prostate gland, the main symptoms of which are frequent urination, pain in the perineum and impaired erectile function.
The disease can be treated at home when it is not in a complicated form. If the disease is of an infectious origin, therapy will necessarily include the use of antibacterial agents.
For complex treatment of the disease, physiotherapy and self-massage of an inflamed organ are prescribed. Prescriptions for a national pharmacy are used in conjunction with traditional therapy. Subject to medical advice, the prognosis is very favorable.
Antibiotic therapy is acceptable after a medical examination. Contraindicated in prostate disease non-bacterial. In case of prostatitis bacterial nature - necessary, even if the disease goes away almost without symptoms.
Ofloxacin. An antibacterial agent prescribed for various forms of bacterial prostatitis. It has an instant effect on the affected tissue of the prostate.
Ciprofloxacin. Together with the previous drug are substitutes for each other, antibiotics differ only in the active substance. It is prescribed if the patient has intolexacin intolerance. Designed for oral use, dosage is determined individually.
Azithromycin Contraindicated in kidney and liver problems. It tends to accumulate in the gonads, which explains the long-term effect of the drug after the last dose. It is used strictly as prescribed by the doctor.
Wilprafen. With bacterial inflammation, it slows down the growth of bacteria, with focal inflammation it has a bactericidal effect.
It is impossible not to mention the following antibacterial drugs:
Anti-inflammatory. Relieve pain, spasm of blood vessels, contribute to the destruction of pathogenic bacteria.
Antibacterial. The main action is the destruction of pathogenic bacteria. They have the quality to accumulate in tissues, which accelerates the healing process.
Methyluracil. The drug has a positive effect on local immunity.
It contributes to the normalization of metabolic processes and improves trophic tissue nutrition, which has a beneficial effect on the restoration of the prostate.
Pain relievers. They have an analgesic effect.
Rectal. They have anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory effect, increase immunity in tissues.
How to relieve an attack?
Sometimes attack of prostatitis can take a person by surprise when the hospital is far away, and strong pain does not allow you to wait. The following recommendations will help in this situation:
- pain can be relieved with a painkiller pill (non-steroidal type), for example, aspirin,
Now you know all about prostatesymptoms and treatment at home. But if it happened that treatment at home turned out to be ineffective, urgently need to turn to professionals for help. Even the smallest symptoms of a urological disease cannot be ignored, as the consequences may be deplorable.
How to treat prostatitis in men
It is not always possible to cure a sick man, but modern medicine has the power to eliminate the unpleasant symptoms of prostatitis and achieve stable remission. The duration of the lull period of the disease depends on the patient. If a man follows the doctor’s recommendations, the symptoms may disappear and no longer manifest. For this, the treatment of prostatitis should be correctly selected and be comprehensive.
Compliance with diet
Along with drug therapy, correction of the patient’s lifestyle and diet is of great importance. Following a special diet will help improve the overall well-being of a man and reduce the symptoms of prostatitis. The diet should be used when the primary signs of the disease occur, since a balanced diet helps suppress the inflammatory process of the prostate.
Symptoms of prostatitis and its effective treatment in men include the rejection of such products:
- strong hot drinks (coffee / tea),
- alcohol, soda,
- offal, semi-finished products, canned food,
- bakery products
- smoked, spicy, fatty dishes,
- onion, garlic, pepper,
- sour fruits
- gas-forming products (beans, cauliflower),
Dietary nutrition for prostatitis includes the consumption of exclusively digestible foods - a lot of vegetables and non-acidic fruits, fish, lean meat. In a chronic disease, a man should not completely abandon the above products, however, during periods of exacerbation of the form of the ailment, one should refrain from using them. Of alcohol, only a small amount of red wine is allowed.
Regardless of the diagnosed form of prostatitis, a man is prescribed antibiotics. Doctors often stop at fluoroquinologists, since the drugs of this group are characterized by increased penetration into the prostate tissue. In addition, often patients are prescribed macrolides and amoxicillin. To reduce pain, the doctor may prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to the patient.
When diagnosing genital infections in a man, there is a need for treatment aimed at eliminating the causative agent of prostatitis. The consequence of such therapy is a complete cure for infection or the transformation of the disease into a latent form. In the second option, the infection will necessarily appear in the future.Therefore, an experienced doctor responsibly approaches the choice of antibiotics, after conducting the necessary tests.
The medicine for prostatitis is selected exclusively by a doctor, which takes into account the results of the tests of men. Incorrectly prescribed tablets entail the emergence of resistance of the causative agent of prostatitis to drugs - this greatly complicates further treatment and can stimulate the transition of the disease into an acute form. If a man took any antibacterial drugs before going to the clinic, you should definitely notify the doctor about this. Therapy usually lasts longer than 3 weeks. It is impossible to interrupt the course of treatment or reduce the dosage while relieving symptoms.
Symptoms of prostatitis and its treatment in men implies a set of measures aimed at suppressing the disease. Physiotherapy is no less important than taking medications, because it stimulates the nutrition of prostate tissue cells and accelerates the healing process. To treat acute or chronic prostatitis, a doctor may prescribe one or several effective physiotherapeutic methods to a patient:
- diadynamophoresis (exposure to organ tissue of low-frequency currents),
- ultrasonic phonophoresis (ultrasound effect on the prostate, the effect of which is comparable to micromassage),
- microwave hyperthermia (a special apparatus is used that acts on the prostate by means of electromagnetic waves).
Treatment of prostatitis in men through laser therapy is prescribed for chronic and close to acute forms of the disease. According to reviews, the technique shows efficacy in the treatment of non-bacterial inflammation of the prostate gland. Laser therapy helps to achieve a stable remission, remove the infection from the patient's body, increasing immunity. By treating laser exposure, the time taken to eliminate a prostate cold is reduced by increasing the effectiveness of medications. The procedure is painless and takes no more than 15 minutes.
Symptoms of prostatitis and its surgical treatment in men are considered by the doctor in the presence of advanced forms of the disease: in case of progression of the disease, with the appearance of an abscess inside the gland, the formation of cysts or strictures. In these situations, exclusively radical intervention can be applied, which gives more chances to eliminate the inflammatory process. Depending on the patient’s condition and aspects of the disease, the doctor prescribes one of the three types of operations for a man:
- Transurethral resection. Closed removal of the gland occurs through a tube that the surgeon inserts through the urethra.
- Transurethral incision. An incision is made at the neck of the bladder, due to which the pressure on the last is reduced. Used with a slightly enlarged prostate gland in men. Compared with resection, this type of operation entails fewer possible complications and recovery is faster.
- Radical prostatectomy. An open operation in which the doctor removes the prostate. The procedure is complex, traumatic, often accompanied by significant loss of blood to patients.
The most effective cure for prostate inflammation
Pills "Prostamol Uno":
- Ingredients: the main substance is sabal palm fruit extract.
- Indication: with stage 1 and 2 prostate adenoma, as a component of the complex treatment of prostatitis. The tool regulates the urogenital system of a man, has anti-inflammatory, antiandrogenic effect.
- Application: the drug is taken after meals with a glass of water. The recommended dosage is 320 mg per day, adhering to the same time of administration.
- Price: 650-1200 p.
- Composition: active ingredient - bull prostate extract.
- Indication: the drug activates blood circulation in the prostate, strengthens the walls of blood vessels. Injections help the work of the bladder of a man, have a beneficial effect on the patient's immunity. Apply Prostatilen with a chronic form of prostatitis, reflex urinary retention, prostate adenoma.
- Application: administered intramuscularly at 5-10 mg per day. The course of treatment lasts from 6 to 10 days.
- Price: 250-400 p.
- Composition: the main substance is ciprofloxacin hydrochloride monohydrate.
- Indication: the drug destroys pathogenic bacteria, including streptococcus, salmonella, staphylococcus and others. Tablets are prescribed by a doctor for cystitis, prostatitis, pyelonephritis, and other diseases of the urogenital system of men.
- Application: standard dosage - 1000 mg per day, dividing the dose 2 times with an interval of 12 hours. Symptoms of non-acute prostatitis and its treatment in men include taking the drug at 250 mg twice a day. Treatment lasts up to 28 days.
- Price: 17-50 p.
Disease Prevention Methods
Preventive measures for acute prostatitis or relapses of the chronic form of the disease are based on a careful attitude to health, regular exercise, and refusal from bad habits. Prevention of prostatitis in men includes several important rules that should be followed by each representative of the stronger sex, including healthy and young men:
- It is better to have a permanent sexual partner, because illegible connections often bring sexually transmitted infections that cause prostatitis.
- Have a regular sex life (ejaculation is the main preventive measure).
- Provide timely treatment for any urological diseases.
- Eat right.
- Lead an active life, go in for sports.
- Try not to get too cold.
As a rule, home treatments for prostatitis in men are used simultaneously with antibiotic therapy. There are a huge number of different unconventional drugs to fight inflammation of the prostate, which help accelerate recovery and increase the effectiveness of drugs. Following the tips in the video, it is possible to independently eliminate the symptoms of prostatitis at home.
Pathology of the prostate gland, developing as a result of inflammatory processes in it, is called a disease - prostatitis.
More often than others, an infectious form of prostatitis occurs. An infection that can affect the prostate by penetrating from the urethral opening or other organs and glands of the genitourinary system.
The high probability of infection of the organ is due to the neighboring localization of the anus and urethral canal.
With this probability, statistics reveals infrequent inflammation of the prostate in men, which is associated with the fitness of the organ to infected neighbors.
Even the presence of infection in the prostate does not provide the development of inflammation.
Inflammation of the prostate occurs with the combined action of pathogenic microorganisms and provoking factors.
Causes of Prostatitis
Every man who is taken by surprise or who understands the inevitability of the disease due to an exacerbation of provoking factors can guess the course of prostatitis.
The prostate gland is a place for transit of the urethral canal, therefore, the inflammatory process in the diseased organ, leading to an increase in its structures, leads to a violation of the emptying of the bladder.
When establishing a diagnosis of various forms of inflammation of the prostate gland, the binary nomenclature is used:
- chronic non-infectious,
- chronic infectious
- acute infectious
- acute non-infectious.
Varieties of prostatitis are caused by a complex of provoking factors in certain circumstances.
The first factor that is statistically predominant in men of young and pre-retirement age is infection transmitted from the sexual partner.
Sexually transmitted diseases, especially those in the stage of symptomatic remission, are able to leave behind an infection in a latent state or damage to the prostate, progressing even after elimination of the infectious agent.
Hypodynamia, systematic overeating, eating spicy, excessively fatty, high-calorie carbohydrate foods can supplement the infection.
So non-infectious prostatitis occurs and the course of the non-infectious variety is enhanced.
Provoking factors are hypothermia and age-related changes in the prostate.
Signs of prostatitis in men
It is difficult to diagnose an infectious or non-infectious form of inflammation of the prostate, relying only on the similarity of symptoms.
If the following signs of prostatitis are detected, it is necessary to conduct a comprehensive diagnosis of the methods for detecting the disease:
- during the emptying of the bladder, pain of a different nature and intensity is experienced, after the end of urination, the patient feels a burning sensation in the urethra,
- body temperature in excess of normal
- the feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder after the end of the urination process does not leave the sick man for some time,
- pain between urination is felt in the perineum, inguinal and abdominal areas, reflected in the legs, buttocks, pelvis and sacrum,
- lethargy and malaise.
A man can form a suspicion of prostatitis at home if at least two of them become noticeable from the entire list of signs and symptoms.
A specific sign of the inflammatory process in the prostate is the temperature difference, measured in different parts of the body.
The pattern of temperature change is associated with the localization of the focus of inflammation: the closer to it, the higher the temperature.
When measuring the temperature in the oral cavity, deviations from the norm are not observed, in the armpits - subfebrile temperature, in the rectum the value of the parameter exceeds the norm by more than a degree.
A pain symptom develops with increasing intensity as inflammation in the prostate intensifies.
A typical occurrence of pain is characteristic of the process of emptying the bladder, during the day the pain spreads to the rectum and the entire perineum.
The intensity of pain increases from small to unbearable.
Lethargy and malaise can accompany dizziness and headaches, minor bouts of nausea, drowsiness.
If such symptoms are detected, urinary retention is suspected, due to which general intoxication of the body with protein decay products develops.
Deviations in urination are associated with lethargy of the stream, prolonged drip of urine, slow formation of the stream and the urge to empty the bladder in the absence of urine output.
Complications after prostatitis occur in the absence of medical intervention in the course of the disease or improperly drawn up treatment regimens.
Medical practice shows the most common spread after prostatitis:
- lack of erection and ejaculation,
- the spread of the inflammatory process to nearby organs of the genitourinary system,
- cytological disorders leading to the inability of sperm to fertilize eggs,
- lower libido
- psychoneurotic conditions that reduce the quality of life and the health status of men in general.
Penis after prostatitis dramatically reduces the ability to harden and fill with blood. Possible sexual contacts end quickly compared to recent full-fledged sex life. Not every sexual contact ends in ejaculation.
If such abnormalities are found, a comprehensive diagnostic test is required.
With the spread of the inflammatory process to the urethra and bladder, cystitis and urethritis develop.
With the development of the latter, sharp pains appear, the process of violation of the outflow of urine (delaying it or incontinence) threatens to go to a chronic level. The man's performance in this state is doubtful.
Erectile dysfunction leaves behind a number of psychological and therapeutic problems requiring competent medical correction.
The inability of the cavernous bodies to fill with blood is explained by the edematous state of the prostate and the genitourinary organs associated with it.
The blood supply to the penis, necessary for an erect condition, becomes problematic.
Psychologically, a third of men who have undergone the development of consequences after prostatitis suffer in a severe form.
The condition of a man is able to normalize only during a long psychological work with the patient on the background of drug therapy. Failures in sexual activity impede the further desire to continue sexual activity.
Prostatitis can provoke a violation of the acid-base composition of sperm, which affects the fertilizing ability of sperm.
The result of the pathology is infertility in a man of the first degree. It is important in this condition to timely eliminate the cause of infertility due to the lack of the ability to cure infertility of the second degree in a medical way. Competent treatment can be prescribed by an andrologist or urologist. That's why men should not ignore the signs of prostatitis.
When signs of prostatitis appear, men should not self-medicate, the drugs presented below should only be prescribed by a doctor.
The drugs offered for the treatment of prostatitis are distinguished by a variety of forms and pharmaceutical properties. Most often, suppositories for rectal administration are prescribed.
The rationale for the choice of doctors is related to the proximity of the effects of the components of rectal suppositories and prostate gland.
The condition for the effective effect of the active substance of suppositories on the organ tissue is the patient's rest in a supine position for 30 minutes after the administration of a rectal preparation. Candles inactivate pathogenic microflora and have an analgesic effect.
Intramuscular and intravenous injections contribute to the most rapid effect on the diseased organ through distribution through the bloodstream.
Immediately after urination, instillations are prescribed aimed at the penetration of drugs into the prostate through the urethral opening. The maximum volume of administration is 5 ml.
Tablets with prostatitis are better known as antibiotics, divided into 3 groups and successfully cope with the possible spectrum diversity of pathogenic microflora types:
The main condition for using an enema is the inadmissibility of overstrain of the gland and compliance with the temperature regime. Refers to folk methods of treating prostatitis.
Prostatilene - is offered to patients in 2 dosage forms: rectal suppositories and injectable solutions.
The drug is aimed at improving blood flow in the affected gland, strengthening local immune reactions and helps to strengthen the smooth muscles of the blood vessels and vas deferens.
PROSTAMOL UNO. It is made in the form of capsules. The pharmacological action of the active substances of the drug is associated with a weakening of the inflammatory process and the prevention of the formation of exudate. With a course admission, the functions of the male reproductive system are improved.
OINTMENT FINALGON. It is used more as a local remedy for the treatment of neuromuscular diseases.
The independent use of Finalgon is not allowed, although deep heating of muscle and connective tissue with prostatitis is justified.
It is recommended for hypothermia or inflammation in the muscles bordering the prostate.
PROSTALAMINE TABLETS. Effective for improving metabolic processes in the prostate. Assigned in complex treatment as an additional tool. According to the pharmacological classification belong to biologically active additives.
SIMPLE. Reduce the intensity of the symptoms of the urinary system. The course of treatment can be up to 6 months, used as part of complex therapy.
PEPONEN IN CAPSULES. It has a stimulating effect on the male reproductive system, improves lipid metabolism, eliminates pain during urination, and helps to normalize urodynamic parameters. The effectiveness of the application is detected with prolonged use.
Terazozin, Tamsulosin and other drugs from the group of α-blockers. They have antispasmodic effects in relation to the smooth muscles of the bladder and urinary tract, normalizing the process of urination.
The active substance of tamsulosin hydrochloride is part of several drugs, one of which is Omnic capsules.
Used with concomitant prostatitis, an increase in the prostate gland of a benign nature (only!).
Rectal suppository Vitaprost forte. They are used in the treatment of chronic forms of prostatitis and in the recovery period after surgery on the prostate. The effectiveness of the impact is realized through the improvement of metabolic processes and urodynamic indicators.
CREAM ESCADO. Prevents and eliminates congestion in the prostate gland. For effective exposure and comfortable use, the crotch area is smeared with cream in the evening, before bedtime.
ZERILTON TABLETS. They contain plant extracts and are used as an adjunct in the treatment of prostatitis in complex therapy.
CREAM OF HEALTH. 8 components of the natural origin of Zdorov cream provide a comprehensive effect on the prostate (bee products: morbidity, propolis, wax, bee venom, wax moth and plant products: cedar oil, olive oil, horse chestnut extract and cedar oil).
After repeated use of the Zdorov cream, sexual desire and tone of the prostate gland are restored, secretion of prostate juice is improved, general health is normalized, going to the toilet becomes regular and painless.
Rectal suppositories Diclofenac. They are used in the treatment of prostatitis due to the high efficiency of the processes:
- reduce inflammation
- eliminate pain
- recovery of affected cells,
- local temperature drop,
- removal of tissue fluid from edematous tissues,
- elimination of smooth muscle cell spasms,
- decreased blood coagulation.
A well-chosen antibiotic is the key to successful healing of prostatitis. To select an antibiotic, when signs of prostatitis appear, a bacterial analysis of the secretion of the prostate (urethra, urine) is required.
In the acute form of prostatitis, antibiotics of a wide spectrum of actions are prescribed:
- Tetracyclines (Xedocin, Doxycycdin, Vibramycin, Oxytetracycline, etc.) are the least universal for a variety of pathogenic bacteria,
- Penicillins (Amoxiclav, Oxacillin, Ampiox, Ticarcillin, Ampicillin) are used for microflora of a nonspecific nature, as well as for residual coccal infection after gonorrhea. Active against the indicated pathogenic microflora, inactivating it with clavulanic acid,
- Fluoroquinolones (Oflaxacin, Ciprofloxacin, Lomefloxacin, Norfloxacin) have the most widespread effect on pathogenic microflora,
- Cephalosporins (cefamandol, ceftriaxone, cefpirome, ceftazidime) are the most effective agents for the destruction of the murein cell walls of bacteria, but limited use is associated with high toxic properties,which does not allow the use in allergic diseases, meningitis, etc.,
- Macrolides have the least toxicity of all antibiotics, but their effectiveness is doubtful (Azithromycin, Josamycin, Vilprafen).
Drugs for relieving spasm, pain and inflammation
As an analgesic and antispasmodic, patients with prostatitis are more often prescribed No-spa, its analogues.
Diclofenac, Voltaren, Proserin, Nimesulide, Meloxicam, Diphenhydramine, Prostanorm, Nimid, Novocain, Ketanol, Papaverine, Ibuprofen have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects.
Preparations have a methodological variety: rectal suppositories, tablets, solutions for intramuscular and intravenous administration. With severe spasms, Baralgin, Drotaverin, Platifilin, Tolperil, Midokalm are prescribed.
To improve blood circulation
As stimulants of microcirculatory circulation in the prostate and pelvic organs, doctors recommend using Pentoxifylline and its analogues in Russia (Trental, Trenpental) and foreign products (Vasonit, Flexital and Agapurin) as part of complex therapy.
READ ON THE TOPIC: Preparations for prostatitis, how to take.
Homemade prostatitis medicine
To reduce the symptoms and signs of prostatitis, folk methods that can be used at home will help. But you need to understand that you need to use them only in conjunction with modern drugs that the doctor prescribed.
Juice is squeezed from asparagus and drunk during the day in unlimited quantities. The daily intake of asparagus juice should not be lower than 0.5 liters if the patient wants to notice a positive result from treatment.
Propolis candles are made at home independently. To this end, 40 grams of propolis is poured with a glass of medical alcohol, the mixture is dissolved and evaporated to obtain a pulp consistency.
In a ratio of 1:20, the propolis gruel and cocoa butter are mixed, after which candles for rectal administration are formed and stored in a refrigerator.
Every day, before going to bed, it is required to inject 1 suppository into the rectum. The course lasts 1 month. To eliminate signs of prostatitis, treatment is carried out in 2-3 courses, a break after treatment should be 1 month.
With excess body weight, the prostate gland can increase in volume. In order to return the prostate gland to its original size, some patients starve, in which obesity and prostatic hyperplasia disappear.
If the reasons for the enlargement of the prostate gland were associated only with body weight, then the problem disappears, but the determination of the reasons should not be discarded from the competence of the doctor.
The ground part of the plant goose cinquefoil is boiled in milk and the broth is drunk during the day. With the help of a decoction cystitis, prostatitis and urine outflow disorders are cured.
For aesthetic reasons, not every man is suitable. If the patient decides to take a course of treatment for prostatitis with urine, then in the morning you should drink a large glass of fresh liquid. So, an increase in the inflamed organ, which leads to a violation of the outflow of urine, is treated, the course is continued for 1 month.
During breakfast, urine intake should not be reflected, and the volume of breakfast dishes is slightly reduced.
Seeds of a shepherd’s bag.
A quick positive effect with prostatitis has a decoction of the seeds of a shepherd’s bag. They are crushed with a blender, boiled for 15 minutes. Use the cooled broth daily for at least 2 weeks several times a day.
Preventive therapeutic exercises
Inflammation in the prostate gland, which is diagnosed by the signs described above, is most effectively eliminated with the simultaneous action of several environmental factors, including proper nutrition and therapeutic exercises.
A properly organized set of physical exercises helps to prevent severe inflammatory processes and prevent complications after prostatitis.
The complex of physical exercises begins to manifest itself effectively even in the morning five-minute duration. It is recommended to move more in the form of hiking, swimming, horse riding and skiing.
Before starting classes, a doctor’s consultation is necessary if there are concomitant diseases in a man.