The use of methyluracil for hemorrhoids: 2 dosage forms of the drug, indications, instructions and cost
Hemorrhoids - a disease accompanied by numerous injuries of the skin and mucous membranes.
Constant constipation and increasing hemorrhoidal nodes injure the internal walls of the rectum, with the passage of compressed feces, ruptures on the walls of blood vessels and deep anal fissures occur.
To restore tissue, safe and effective agents are needed - such as methyluracil ointment.
Features of the drug
Methyluracil - active regenerative and wound healing agent. It has a mild analgesic effect.
With hemorrhoids, methyluracil removes small external and internal edema, prevents inflammation. Various preparations are made on the basis of the substance: tablets, rectal suppositories, ointment.
Hemorrhoids ointment Methyluracil is used for dermatitis, extensive skin lesions, injuries, burns, boils, purulent abscesses, trophic ulcers, bedsores, gynecological and proctological diseases. Often, the drug is prescribed for hemorrhoids external or combined.
An ointment with methyluracil acts locally, affecting only damaged areas and without affecting healthy tissues. The drug is prescribed for deep anal fissures, damage and irritation of the skin in the anus, pain, itching and other unpleasant sensations associated with long healing wounds.
The principle of action of methyluracil ointment for hemorrhoids is simple. The ointment creates a thin film on the damaged surface, accelerating the absorption of the active substance in the tissue.
Getting on the damaged surface, methyluracil suppresses the vital activity of pathogenic bacteria, starts the process of regeneration of skin cells, reduces anal bleeding and prevents suppuration.
Ointment can be used to treat chronic hemorrhoids, during exacerbations, the drug should be combined with antibiotics and painkillers.
The composition of the funds
The main active ingredient of the drug is methyluracil. The component has a complex effect, it heals wounds, starts the process of cell regeneration, reduces swelling, prevents inflammation and suppuration, strengthens cellular immunity.
In 1 g. Of an ointment from hemorrhoids Methyluracil contains 100 mg. active substance. As additional components, the composition of the drug includes lanolin, purified water, white soft paraffin.
The ointment is pale yellow with a uniform, slightly viscous texture and has a characteristic smell of lanolin. It is packaged in aluminum tubes with a volume of 15 or 25 g, each tube is packed in a cardboard box and supplied with detailed instructions.
You need to store the drug in a cool, dark place away from heaters and direct sunlight. Opened packaging is best placed in the lower compartment of the refrigerator.
Methyluracil ointment: instructions for use for hemorrhoids
The use of methyluracil ointment for hemorrhoids involves rubbing or intrarectal applications. It is advisable to empty the intestines.
If independent separation of feces is not possible, it is recommended to make a cleansing enema with warm water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Before use, the anus should be washed with warm water and dried with a napkin. With severe ulcers and deep wounds, the surface of the skin is treated with antiseptics.
The ointment is applied in a thin layer directly to the damaged areas: anal fissures, abrasions, protruding hemorrhoids. The drug is recommended to rub lightly and cover with a sterile gauze cloth. The procedure can be carried out 2-3 times a day until the wounds heal and the inflammation disappears.
In case of damage inside the rectum, a little ointment can be squeezed onto a cotton swab and inserted into the anus. Such the procedure is best done before bedtime. For healing, 7-10 days are enough. If necessary, the course can be repeated.
Contraindications and side effects
The ointment with methyluracil is well absorbed by the body, the residual components are excreted in the urine no later than 12 hours later.
Despite the wide range of applications, there are diseases in which the use of the drug is undesirable.
Contraindications for use include:
- severe diabetes
- serious damage to the liver and kidneys,
- malignant tumors
- autoimmune diseases
- acute inflammation
- disorders of cholesterol metabolism.
In case of an overdose, mild side effects are possible: redness of the skin around the anus, rash, itching. Too long use of the drug can cause a change in the peripheral composition of the blood, which passes after the end of the course.
Patients with especially sensitive skin immediately after application may feel a slight burning sensation in the anus, which quickly disappears.
If the unpleasant symptoms do not disappear, the course of treatment for hemorrhoids must be interrupted and the ointment replaced with another gel or cream.
How to supplement treatment?
The drug is suitable for relieving the main symptoms of hemorrhoids, however, it is impossible to cure the disease solely with ointment.
At the initial stage of hemorrhoids, venotonics and anticoagulants in the form of tablets or rectal suppositories are especially effective.
With severe pain, novocaine blockade or drugs containing benzocaine and lidocaine can be used. Antibiotic injections are needed to relieve exacerbations and block infections.
Methyluracil ointment fits perfectly into any therapeutic regimen. It does not affect the effectiveness of antibiotics, hormones, and other potent drugs.
It is not recommended to combine ointment with external agents: gels and creams. This combination can cause severe skin irritation and provoke inflammation.
With internal hemorrhoids or combined ointment can be supplemented with methyluracil suppositories. In a day, it is enough to introduce 1-2 suppositories, applying ointment to the anal area. This combination is especially effective for profound shallow wounds and tears. You can find out how to use rectal suppositories here.
Methyluracil ointment is an inexpensive and easy-to-use drug that has a minimum of contraindications and is suitable for the treatment of various forms of hemorrhoids. The drug is easily tolerated by debilitated patients and can be used both in acute attacks and in the chronic course of the disease.
Dosage forms of methyluracil for hemorrhoids
Manufacturers today offer us three dosage forms of methyluracil, namely:
From hemorrhoids, methyluracil suppositories and ointment help better than the tablet form, since the drug acts directly on the problem area.
Methyluracil candles are white-yellow torpedo-shaped inserts with a pungent odor.
Methyluracil ointment is a yellowish substance of a uniform consistency, which smells strongly of lanolin. The drug is available in tubes of 15 and 25 grams.
The ointment is prescribed to eliminate acute hemorrhoids, prevent bleeding and anal bleeding, and heal anal fissures. A patient with hemorrhoids suffers from reduced immunity - the cells of the affected tissues respond to the recovery process slowly. The ointment, which includes methyluracil, restores local immunity, and the healing process is much faster. The functions of the immune system are activated after the first two uses of a medicinal ointment.
The main indications for use:
- chronic hemorrhoids,
- acute hemorrhoids,
- prolapse of hemorrhoids
- healing of anal fissures,
- elimination of pain and burning with hemorrhoids.
Methyluracil ointment for hemorrhoids
The role of the active ingredient in this dosage form is also performed by methyluracil.
The auxiliary composition of the methyluracil ointment is represented by lanolin, white paraffin and distilled water.
Excipients are designed to maintain the soft form of the drug, facilitate the penetration of the main component into the tissue and soften the skin in the field of application.
Methyluracil belongs to the group of reparants and regenerants. The drug has the following pharmacological effects:
The mechanism of action of methyluracil is the effect on the enzyme systems of the human body, which accelerates the growth and reproduction of cells, and only normal ones. Due to this property, the restoration of damaged tissues of the anus is accelerated.
The essence of the anabolic effect is that methyluracil activates the synthesis of proteins that “build” muscle tissue.
In addition, methyluracil helps to reduce inflammation in the anus, stop bleeding to stop soreness.
Does Methyluracil Help With Hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids - a disease caused by a violation of blood circulation in the veins of the anus. As a result of stagnation of blood, their expansion is formed, hemorrhoidal nodes are formed. They become inflamed and fall into the anal passage, and sometimes into the intestinal lumen. The characteristic symptoms of hemorrhoids are pain of varying intensity and blood secretion during bowel movements. Methyluracil is prescribed when diagnosing a patient with such a pathological condition:
- injury to the rectal mucosa due to the difficult discharge of feces,
- penetration into cracks or wounds of pathogenic bacteria from the intestine and the development of infection.
The drug eliminates the inflammatory process in the anus, in addition, it stimulates the production of immunoglobulins. This leads to an increase in local immunity, helps prevent new exacerbations of the disease.
Methyluracil is an effective regenerant and reporter. The substance quickly eliminates pain of any etiology and intensity, relieves inflammation, has an anabolic effect.
Ointment is an effective drug based on methyluracil. It quickly restores the integrity of the skin and mucous membrane, relieves irritation in the anus and eliminates discomfort in hemorrhoids. Ointment copes with infection in the intestines, improves trophic tissue and restores vascular tone. Normalization of blood circulation helps to eliminate stagnation in the pelvic organs and the rapid restoration of the affected vessels of the anal area.
An effective anti-inflammatory drug quickly heals the affected tissues of the skin and mucous membrane. It increases the natural production of protein and starts the recovery process at the cellular level.
Treatment of hemorrhoids with methyluracil ointment helps to cope with the disease in a matter of days. Within a week, the inflamed hemorrhoidal nodes decrease in size and are drawn into the anal canal. Ointment softens the skin, penetrates deeply into its layers and has a powerful healing effect. The active components of the product begin to act upon the first application of the product.
Suppositories and ointment for hemorrhoids methyluracil: indications for use
The main indications for the use of suppositories and ointments of methyluracil are as follows:
- tears of the anal ring,
- eczema of the anus,
- inflammation of the mucosa of the anal canal,
- acceleration of rehabilitation after surgery on the rectum and tissues of the anal area.
Description of the drug
Ointment Methyluracil (instructions for use) is an effective remedy for hemorrhoids, with which hemorrhoidal nodes resolve. It is used in the treatment of any pathologies to stimulate trophism and tissue regeneration. In proctological practice, methyluracil is used in three dosage forms:
- rectal suppositories
- tablets for oral administration.
When diagnosing a severe course of the disease, systemic and local drugs are prescribed immediately. And at the initial stage of the pathological process, it is enough to use only ointments and (or) suppositories.
The use of tissue repair stimulant is practiced with external hemorrhoids, complicated by anal fissures. It stops inflammation, restores iron stores in the body, and promotes the formation of red blood cells.
Instructions for use
Instructions for the use of methyluracil ointment for hemorrhoids describe in detail how to use the drug correctly. The daily dosage of the product should not exceed 5-10 g of ointment every day. Before applying the drug substance, hygiene of the anal area is required. Anus and genitals should be washed with warm water without using soap and dried skin with a soft clean cloth.
Then a small amount of ointment is applied to the affected areas and inflamed hemorrhoids. You should wait until the drug is completely absorbed.
With internal hemorrhoids, the ointment is introduced into the anal canal using a special nozzle or gauze swab. To do this, the medicine is applied to a tampon, which is carefully inserted into the rectum. Tampons are used in the morning and at night before bedtime.
Ointment is prescribed for the healing of postoperative wounds. To do this, before using the product, you must first clean the wound from pus and blood. Then the ointment is carefully applied to the wound. Methyluracil ointment is prescribed after removal of hemorrhoidal nodes. A proctologist prescribes an ointment for the rapid restoration of tissues of the anal area in the postoperative period.
It is recommended to use the ointment 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment is until complete recovery.
In gynecology, the ointment is used to quickly heal perineal tears and restore vaginal tissues.
Methyluracil ointment has a beneficial effect on areas affected by the inflammatory process. It perfectly anesthetizes, eliminates burning sensation in the anal area and heals anal fissures. The antiseptic composition of the ointment contributes to the rapid disappearance of the symptoms of the disease.
Ointment in some cases can cause irritation, redness of the skin and an allergic reaction. In a situation of the appearance of unwanted manifestations, you should stop using the ointment.
Features of the use of the drug for hemorrhoids
With an exacerbation of the internal appearance of hemorrhoids, proctitis and anal abscesses, candles are used, and with inflammation of the external nodes, Methyluracil ointment is used.
Before using this medication, you should prepare the anus according to this algorithm:
- empty the intestines. With constipation, you can use glycerin suppositories, Norgalax microclysters or Microlax, or make a cleansing enema.
- wash with warm water without detergents, as they dry the skin,
- wipe the skin with a soft towel or napkin,
- wash hands thoroughly with soap and treat their skin with an antiseptic.
Methyluracil suppository for hemorrhoids: instructions for use
- Take a comfortable pose, for example, lying on your side with slightly bent legs in the hip and knee joints.
- Release the candle from the plastic wrap.
- Moisten the rectal insert with room temperature water.
- Spread the buttocks with one hand, and with the other - insert the candle into the anal canal, holding it by the end, until you feel a failure.
- Squeeze the buttocks and soak for 20-30 minutes until the drug is absorbed.
- Wash your hands thoroughly so as not to put any residue in your mouth or eyes.
Methyluracil suppositories from hemorrhoids are used according to the following scheme: one suppository 1-4 times a day. The course of treatment is 1-16 weeks. The duration of therapy and the frequency of use of the drug is determined by the attending doctor.
For example, for the healing of anal tears, the course of therapy is on average 2 weeks.
Methyluracil ointment for hemorrhoids: instructions for use
- Take a comfortable pose, for example, lying on your side with slightly bent legs in the hip and knee joints.
- Squeeze a pea of ointment on your index finger.
- Spread the buttocks with one hand, and with the other - apply the drug in a thin layer, without rubbing it into the skin, on the external hemorrhoids and bones around the anal ring.
- Lie down for 20-30 minutes until the drug is absorbed.
- Wash your hands thoroughly so that you do not put any residue in your mouth or eyes.
In the treatment of hemorrhoids, methyluracil ointment is applied two to four times a day. The duration of treatment is 2-4 weeks.
Suppositories and methyluracil ointment for hemorrhoids: side effects and contraindications
This drug has a minimal amount of side effects, including:
- short burning in the field of application,
- allergy to the components of the drug in the form of a local reaction (hyperemia, itching, burning, swelling, urticaria, dermatitis).
The use of the drug is not recommended in the following cases:
- individual intolerance to the components of suppositories or ointments,
- malignant diseases of the blood and bone marrow,
- children under three years old.
Treatment of hemorrhoids with methyluracil suppositories and ointment during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Methyluracil partially penetrates into the systemic circulation, through the placenta and into breast milk. The effect of the drug on the fetus and the child’s body has not been reliably studied, so manufacturers recommend that you refuse treatment with this drug during pregnancy and lactation.
In the case when methyluracil cannot be replaced with another drug, and the expected result from its use is above all risks, a specialist can prescribe this drug to a pregnant or breast-feeding woman.
Terms of dispensing drugs and their cost
Ointment and suppositories Methyluracil are sold in a pharmacy without a prescription, since they belong to over-the-counter drugs. But this does not mean that you can engage in self-medication. The unauthorized use of this medication may not give the expected result or even harm health.
The cost of the drug varies in different regions of the country. We have selected for you the average prices of methyluracil:
- rectal suppositories Methyluracil - 90 rubles.
- Methyluracil ointment - 95 rubles.
As a result, we can conclude that methyluracil suppositories and ointment are a highly effective healing agent that is indispensable for tears of the anal ring caused by hemorrhoids. In addition, this drug contributes to the speedy recovery of the patient, is inexpensive, has a minimum number of contraindications and side effects.
Leave your feedback about this drug in the comments under the topic. Your experience may be useful to readers of our resource.
Methyl-uracil ointment has an anabolic effect. It enhances the processes of cell metabolism and improves trophic tissue. Various body structures quickly recover from damage. The drug is used for a reduced number of white blood cells and for rehabilitation after a severe infection.
Ointment stimulates the regeneration of cells of the skin and mucous membrane of the anal canal and rectum. The drug is not recommended for use in treatment more than 2-3 times a day. Before using the product, you must first consult with your doctor. The specialist will prescribe treatment with the drug, taking into account the characteristics of the disease and its course.
The use of methyluracil ointment provides a quick recovery and restoration of the skin. Healing of injured areas takes place without irritation of the mucous membrane. The ointment is especially showing in the initial stages of the disease to prevent complications.
Review No. 1
Hemorrhoids are a dangerous disease that Methyluracil ointment well eliminates. It can be used independently or in the complex treatment of hemorrhoids. I was advised this tool in the hospital when I came to a consultation with a proctologist.
The ointment was applied three times a day. On the fourth day there was a relief of well-being. A good effective preparation that softens the tissues of the anus.
Victor, 54 years old - Voronezh
Review No. 2
Used methyluracil ointment for hemorrhoids in the treatment of hemorrhoidal cones, which appeared after childbirth. The ointment is absorbed very quickly and eliminates pain and burning sensation in almost 10 minutes. Gradually during treatment, these manifestations of the disease become smaller. An ointment helps get rid of hemorrhoids in just a week. It perfectly restores the skin, nourishes it and softens cracking.
Irina, 33 years old - St. Petersburg
Review No. 3
I used methyluracil ointment for a very long time, but I remembered well that it helped to quickly cure hemorrhoids. Good effective remedy. The action of the drug is aimed at eliminating inflammation. The ointment quickly anesthetizes and removes discomfort in the rectum.
Well resolves external hemorrhoidal nodes. After treatment with this remedy, I did not have an exacerbation of hemorrhoids. The drug perfectly cures hemorrhoids in the initial stages.
The drug "Methyluracil" is available in several dosage forms:
As an active component, all of these dosage forms contain "Methyluracil". Ointment and suppository also contain alcohol-containing substances, paraffin and macrogol, and tablets contain potato starch. In addition, release ointment "Methyluracil" with miramistin. This additional substance is a powerful antiseptic that significantly enhances the therapeutic effect. Miramistin eliminates pathogenic flora, while Methyluracil exerts its effect.
With hemorrhoids, the use of such local agents as suppositories and ointment is considered most appropriate. They act directly on the affected area, thereby exerting a more pronounced positive therapeutic effect.
Principle of action and effects
The Methyluracil preparation itself directly affects deep metabolic processes in tissues, affects enzymes, enhances the division and growth of healthy cells, stimulates regeneration processes, restores affected structures, and activates cellular and humoral immunity. Thanks to this principle of action, it has a number of positive therapeutic effects, namely:
- Regenerating. Restores affected tissue, promotes rapid healing of wounds.
- Anti-inflammatory. Releases substances responsible for the elimination of inflammation.
- Immunomodulating. Stimulates the work of cellular and humoral immunity by accelerating the maturation and entry into the bloodstream of leukocytes.
- Anabolic. It stimulates tissue recovery after heavy physical exertion, which is why it is very popular among professional athletes, bodybuilders.
- Photoprotective. It protects a person from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation when used as a cream for skin integument.
How to use suppositories for female diseases
The instructions do not contain official recommendations on how to use Methyluracil suppositories in gynecology, because they are designed to treat hemorrhoids. But since they proved in practice their high efficiency in the treatment of diseases of the reproductive sphere in women, doctors, as already mentioned, expanded their scope.
If methyluracil candles are used in gynecology, then where to insert them? They should be inserted into the vagina. This causes doubts in patients: rectal suppositories in the vagina? Will there be no harm? You should not think that the doctor was mistaken or confused something. Although the annotation says that they are intended for rectal use, in the treatment of "female" problems, they are injected into the vagina. True, there is an exception: if a girl has not yet begun sexual life, then she should use them as indicated in the instructions - enter into the anus.
The doctor chooses the application, but the general rules for using these candles are as follows:
- to reduce erosive formations - twice a day (morning and evening) for 14 days, 1 candle,
- in the treatment of vulvitis - 1-2 suppositories. The course is 10 days,
- Before inserting a candle, it is necessary to wash with warm water and soap. It is also recommended to douche the vagina using a disinfectant (Chlorhexidine, Nitrofural) or a decoction of chamomile and a string. This will remove the excess vaginal secretion,
- before using a candle, it should be removed from the refrigerator. For convenient administration of a suppository, it is recommended to lie on your back. Insert the candle deep into the vagina, after which lie down for about half an hour so that the melted mass does not leak out,
- since the candle will nevertheless periodically leak, it is better to use a daily gasket.
The maximum dosage is no more than 4 suppositories per day. The classic scheme provides for the insertion of 1 candle 3 or 4 r. in a day. The duration of therapy can be from 10 to 14-30 days (after surgery).
During the use of suppositories, sexual contact should be completely abandoned so as not to provoke inflammation. During the “critical days”, suppositories are also not used vaginally, as the contents of the suppository simply go outside along with the menstrual flow. During this period, it is advisable to insert it into the rectum. Under the influence of the heat of the human body, the candle melts and is immediately absorbed by the tissues, so it instantly affects the focus of inflammation.
Methyluracil during pregnancy and while breastfeeding
Use of methyluracil suppository during pregnancy can be used to treat certain diseases or as a supportive therapy. Pregnancy and lactation are not among the contraindications to the use of this medication. But experts do not recommend purchasing and starting to use the product on their own, even taking into account the many of its positive properties.
Most often, the drug can be prescribed to a pregnant woman in cases of:
- the occurrence of hemorrhoids,
- progression of infectious and inflammatory processes,
- erosion formation.
Hemorrhoids appear during the expectation of a child due to the production of increased amounts of progesterone. It slows down the function of almost all muscles, including the intestines.
Because of this, the frequency of contractions of the intestinal walls decreases, causing constipation, as well as hemorrhoids. Also, the cause of this ailment can be an increase in pressure on the intestines by the growing uterus.
The therapeutic dose of the drug is indicated by the instruction, and the appointment of the gynecologist most often coincides with it. Providing a mild effect, methyluracil will relieve inflammation and pain, accelerate the healing of the mucosa, and improve its microflora.
The main effect of this dosage form is anabolic. In addition, Methyluracil tablets have anti-inflammatory, hematopoietic (accelerates the formation of new blood cells in the bone marrow) and immunostimulating effects, but they are less pronounced.
Most often they are used for:
- inflammatory chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract,
- non-healing injuries
- radiation sickness
- massive burns
- reducing blood cell formation,
- frequent infectious diseases.
With hemorrhoids, these tablets normalize local metabolic processes, improve the restoration of tissues of the rectal mucosa, accelerate the maturation of granulation tissue, which is necessary for healing wounds, cracks, and erosion of the rectum. To get this result, you need to undergo a month-long course of treatment, and you do not have to wait for an instant effect. In addition, they are used in the postoperative period after removal of pathological hemorrhoidal nodes, when the administration of suppositories or the use of ointment is difficult for patients.
Ointment "Methyluracil" is actively used in various fields of medicine. It is applied to the wound surfaces of postoperative sutures, inserted into the vagina during postpartum traumatic ruptures of the mucous membrane and soft tissues.
If we talk about the pathology of the rectum, then the use of ointment is advisable for external hemorrhoids. It stimulates the speedy healing of cracks and erosion, eliminates such burdensome symptoms of hemorrhoids as pain, burning, itching, a feeling of a foreign body in the rectum, discomfort during an act of defecation.
Candles Methyluracil indications for use
Use methyluracil suppositories, the indications for use of which are described in the instructions for the drug, can be used to treat various proctological problems. At the same time, these suppositories will be effective and have a pronounced therapeutic effect in both acute and chronic diseases in humans.
Unlike ointments, methyluracil suppositories, the indications for use of which are quite diverse, can be used in the following cases:
- Exacerbation of the chronic form of hemorrhoids.
- Anal fissures.
- Mechanical damage to the rectum that can occur during anal sex, enemas, bowel surgery, or an incorrect diagnostic procedure.
- Inflammation of the rectum after prolonged constipation and indigestion.
- Exacerbation of hemorrhoids after the birth of a child.
- Inflammation of the rectum due to bad habits or malnutrition.
Suppositories Methyluracil fairly quickly reduces pain in a person, thereby returning the patient to a normal mode of life. Indications for the use of these candles can be described in more detail by the attending physician.
It is possible to use this drug only after the permission of the observing proctologist, because the wrong dosage of the drug can lead to the development of a number of side effects.
Suppositories Methyluracil for hemorrhoids have excellent patient reviews and have been widely used in proctological practice. They are mainly used for acute internal hemorrhoids, chronic hemorrhoids, in the postoperative period after removal of hemorrhoids with the aim of:
- provide proper nutrition of the rectal mucosa,
- stop bleeding from the hemorrhoid,
- increase local cellular immunity in the hemorrhoid.
- remove the inflammatory process,
- accelerate the regeneration process, thereby eliminating microcracks, erosion, wounds through which the infection penetrates into the depths of the tissues,
- eliminate pain.
As a rule, this medicine is well tolerated by patients and rarely when it provokes unwanted side effects in them.
Despite this, the drug can cause the following reactions:
- Itching and burning in the anus.
- Redness and rash that occur in the form of an allergic reaction.
If any of the above side effects occur, the patient needs to stop treatment and consult a doctor. In turn, a specialist can reduce the dosage of suppositories or replace the drug with an analog.
According to the observations of doctors, cases of overdose with such a medicine are very rare.Due to their low toxicity, these suppositories are rare when they provoke allergic reactions and other negative consequences. If a person used more than five suppositories per day and now feels the negative consequences of this, he is recommended to make an enema, take a sorbent and consult a doctor.
Ointment "Methyluracil" with hemorrhoids
With hemorrhoids, methyluracil ointment must be applied to hemorrhoids, observing a number of rules:
- Before applying, it is necessary to carry out an act of defecation.
- Rinse the anorectal area with soap and warm water. Dry with a towel.
- The ointment is applied in a thin layer. Massaging movements rub into the pathological area.
- Application must be carried out 1 time per day in a volume of 5 grams.
The course of treatment of external hemorrhoids using the ointment "Methyluracil" is about 1 month. It is this period of time that is enough to restore local immunity, tissue regeneration and eliminate the symptoms of rectal disease.
Use during pregnancy
Hemorrhoids often accompany one of the best times in a woman's life - pregnancy. A pregnant uterus creates excessive pressure in the pelvic organs, which can cause stagnation of blood in the hemorrhoidal veins. Particular burden falls on them directly during the passage of the fetus through the birth canal, so pregnant women and nursing mothers often have to deal with the need to treat hemorrhoids.
"Methyluracil" is not contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation. The components of this drug do not pass through the placental barrier, respectively, do not have any effect on the condition and health of the unborn child. If you need to consult your doctor about the need for taking a tablet form, then local funds (suppositories and ointment) can be taken without fear for the condition of the baby.
Interaction with other drugs
The interaction of the drug "Methyluracil" with other drugs has been little studied. It is known that the simultaneous use of it with "Cysteine" significantly enhances the anti-radiation effect of the latter.
Before using this drug, you need to consult a proctologist. Only he will be able to determine the appropriateness of the use of the drug "Methyluracil", will tell you which dosage form and dosage to choose, and also eliminate the presence of contraindications to therapy with this drug. Remember that self-medication can cause significant harm to your health!
Under normal conditions
Before entering the drug intravaginally or rectally, it is always necessary to wash your hands, as well as perform the procedure for hygiene of the genitals. Douching is preliminarily performed with a weak soda or chlorhexidine solution. For this purpose, infusions made from chamomile, string or eucalyptus are suitable.
Candles are introduced vaginally to the greatest depth. To do this, you need to take the most comfortable position. For rectal use of the medication, you should carefully empty the intestines, use an enema so that the substance acts most effectively. After the introduction of the drug, it takes 2 hours to lie on your back so that the substance does not leak.
In accordance with the instructions, an intravaginal agent is not recommended for critical days. Dissolution of the active component during menstruation will occur earlier than the onset of a therapeutic effect on the body. If the treatment course has already been started, then it should be interrupted for a few days before menstruation.
You can continue to use the drug after the discharge is stopped or you can administer a suppository rectally, in consultation with your doctor. It is better to begin treatment procedures immediately after the end of menstruation. This eliminates the need to specifically take a break for critical days.
Candle replacement preparations with methyluracil - table
|The name of the drug||Active substance||Indications for use||Contraindications||Side effect|
|Phytostimulin||Hypersensitivity to the components.||Slight tingling sensation.|
|Viferon (Kipferon)||Interferon alfa-2b|
All these drugs belong to the group of regenerants and reparants. It is the drugs of this pharmacological group that have a powerful regenerative and anabolic effect.
According to the instructions, methyluracil-based suppositories are recommended for patients suffering from the following proctological diseases:
- anal fissures (acute and chronic),
- wounds of the skin of the anus or rectal mucosa,
- necrotic and ulcerative inflammatory changes in the digestive tract,
- post-traumatic or postoperative damage to the anus.
The drug on the basis of methyluracil can not be used for children under 3 years of age
The drug should be treated with caution for those who are allergic to any of its components, otherwise the result of therapy may be negative. A doctor must be informed of the presence of a chronic disease.
Suppositories are contraindicated in patients suffering from one of the following diseases:
- leukemia (chronic or acute),
- malignant tumors.
You can not use the medication if there are contraindications associated with certain types of diseases:
- acute and chronic leukemia,
- bone marrow cancer
- malignant tumors in the peritoneum,
- migraines and dizziness.
Contraindication to use is individual intolerance to the main and auxiliary components, i.e. hypersensitivity to the components of the drug. For local therapy, it is not recommended due to the presence of excessive granulation in the wound.
- Erosive and ulcerative colitis,
- Exacerbation of hemorrhoids,
- The occurrence of anal fissures,
- Nonspecific vulvitis.
Also, candles are recommended for use in the postoperative period for the rapid healing of injured tissues of the rectal mucosa.
- individual intolerance and hypersensitivity to individual components of the drug,
- excessive development of granulation tissue,
- malignant tumors of the digestive tract,
- acute and chronic leukemia (leukemic, myeloid form),
- malignant neoplasms of the bone marrow.
Contraindications and side effects
Although Methyluracil suppositories belong to the class of drugs for the treatment of radiation sickness and its consequences, gynecologists often resort to using this remedy. In this case, rectal suppositories are used vaginally. They allow you to speed up the healing process, contribute to the healing of injuries, sutures, erosion.
Suppositories with methyluracil are used during therapy:
Suppositories Methyluracil is used in complex treatment when it is necessary to quickly restore tissue damaged by erosion surfaces.
With prolonged use in the treatment of suppositories Methyluracil, some adverse reactions are possible. Very rarely occur:
- mild itching
- dry mucosa.
At the end of treatment, all side effects go away on their own.
There are a number of contraindications when the use of this medication is prohibited. The following conditions and diseases can serve as the basis for this:
- acute and chronic leukemia,
- malignant neoplasms in the peritoneum,
- bone marrow cancer
- migraines accompanied by dizziness,
- sensitivity to the components of the drug,
- age up to three years.
Pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding are not contraindications to the use of methyluracil. Candles are often prescribed to expectant mothers if gynecological diseases such as:
- vaginal dysbiosis,
- cervical erosion.
Despite the rectal route of administration, methyluracil suppositories are also used in gynecology for the treatment of a number of diseases, since they have a quick effect on suppressing inflammation in the tissues of the genital organs, restore them and stimulate immunity locally. And at the discretion of the doctor, administration is practiced, in the rectum or in the vagina. Their effectiveness does not change from the method.
In gynecology, a medicine is prescribed:
- after surgery on the cervix or in the vagina, with the removal of polyps,
- for the treatment of erosion before cauterization, and after it, helping to recover tissues after a burn,
- with any mechanical damage to the mucous membrane of the vagina, neck, labia (except oncology).
In all cases of using methyluracil suppositories in gynecology, the process of repairing the damaged mucous membrane improves, the growth of granulation and the healing of the damaged layer of cells are accelerated.
The instructions for use on methyluracil suppositories describe contraindications in which the use is prohibited:
- with hypersensitivity to the components of candles,
- with malignant diseases,
- bone marrow lesions
- with lymphogranulomatosis,
- bowel diseases.
As a rule, the administration of suppositories is easily tolerated and does not have any negative effect on the body, however, a number of adverse reactions have been recorded.
- crotch rash,
- sometimes after application, a slight burning sensation is observed.
When these symptoms appear, the use of methyluracil suppositories should be discontinued. The doctor will select an alternative drug with a similar effect to end the course of treatment.
At the time of therapy, several limitations prescribed by the instruction should be remembered:
- refrain from making love for the entire period of the use of candles,
- do not use methyluracil suppositories during menstruation, since bloody discharge will not allow the drug to fully reveal its effect, which in this period is complicated by the fact that part of the drug is washed out, without having time to properly absorb the mucous membrane. The course should be started at the end of critical days.
Reviews about the effectiveness of methyluracil suppositories in gynecology are mostly positive. Many women were satisfied with candles and noted the rapid healing of wounds after gynecological operations and cauterization of erosion. But the information, although positive, should not be confusing. Remember, methyluracil candles can not be used only following the instructions, without visiting a antenatal clinic and without having to go through an examination with your gynecologist.
Methyluracil has a fairly large number of analogues with a similar composition and therapeutic effect. The most effective remedies among them are Galavit suppositories, Vitanam, Estifan tablets and Proctosedil suppositories.
To better understand how effective it is to use such suppositories for the treatment of hemorrhoids, here are the reviews of those patients who have already tried them on themselves:
- Anna: “I suffered from exacerbation of hemorrhoids after the birth of a child. Due to severe pain and bleeding, every act of defecation was a real torment for me. Fortunately, I turned to a proctologist, who recommended me to use suppositories with methyluracil. After a week of treatment, I noticed significant improvements, because the pain went away, and the inflammation decreased. At the end of therapy, I was able to fully restore normal rectal function. ”
- Valeria: “For the treatment of hemorrhoids and anal fissure, I tried more than a dozen different drugs. One of the most effective seemed to me a means of methyluracil in the form of candles. With it, I quickly eliminated pain, burning and inflammation. Now, with every exacerbation of hemorrhoids, I will use only this drug, since it really works and is not expensive. ”
- Michael: “As prescribed by the doctor, I began treatment with suppositories with methyluracil. So far, everyone is happy, since the drug gently affects the intestine and does not cause side effects. The only thing I don’t like is the marks on the linen that the melted candles leave. ”
Price, where to buy
Properly selected medications will help you quickly, effectively and without harm to the body get rid of a particular ailment. Today, medicines are available in the form of tablets, ointments, capsules, etc. Methyluracil suppositories are an effective drug that has long been successfully used in medicine (proctology and gynecology). The dosage and duration of the course of treatment may be different and depend on the disease, the age of the patient, etc. In order to avoid negative consequences, you must first consult a doctor.
The main characteristics of the drug
The instructions included in the medicine box allow you to get acquainted with the main properties of the drug used. The attached form provides the following information:
- pharmachologic effect,
- application rules
- release forms
- storage features.
The active drug substance in suppositories is Menyluracil. The component has restorative and anti-inflammatory properties. If it gets on damaged tissue:
- Activation of local cellular immunity. Cells more actively produce enzymes that inhibit the action of a harmful agent.
- Stimulation of cell structure restoration. Damaged mucosa is restored due to the active regeneration of cells. Wounds and ulcers heal faster.
- Suppresses the severity of the inflammatory process. Under the influence of Methyluracil, the activity of pathogenic microorganisms decreases.
Methyluracil suppositories for hemorrhoids help to quickly eliminate:
- discomfort in the anus
- signs of bleeding.
Despite the fact that the local use of Methyluracil for hemorrhoids does not have a general effect on the body, the proctologist should prescribe the medicine, taking into account the combination of the drug with other drugs used in antihemorrhoidal therapy.
Suppositories with methyluracil for hemorrhoids are administered rectally.Before using the medication, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the rules described in the instructions for use:
- Cleanse the rectum. For this, it is recommended to use an oil enema.
- Carry out the perineum toilet after defecation. It is recommended to wash the anus with warm water and dry with a napkin.
- Spread the buttocks and insert the candle into the anus. It is more convenient to do this while lying on your side, pulling your knees to your chest.
Being in the suppositories, Methyluracil, after dissolving the oil excipients, is actively absorbed into the mucosa and has a therapeutic effect on inflamed hemorrhoidal nodes.
The drug Methyluracil has several forms of release:
- Suppositories with Methyluracil. This form of release allows you to deliver the drug to hemorrhoidal formations located on the intestinal mucosa.
- Cream or ointment Methyluracil. About Methylurocyl ointment, instructions for use in hemorrhoids indicate that the drug should be smeared on the vascular nodes or applied to a gauze cloth and applied to the inflamed area, like a compress. The instructions also indicate that with hemorrhoids, methyluracil ointment can be applied to a tampon and inserted into the rectum to treat internal bumps, but ointment turunda is less convenient than suppositories.
- Methyluracil tablets. The tablet form of the drug is used only with advanced forms of the disease in combination with local therapy. In moderate and mild forms of the disease, tablets are not prescribed.
With hemorrhoids, methyluracil can be used both as a means for local administration, and as a drug for general effects on the body (tablets). The method of application and dosage is selected taking into account the nature of the pathology and the specifics of the action of other drugs necessary for complex therapy.
To maintain the maximum effectiveness of the drug, it is recommended to store methyluracil suppositories and ointment in the refrigerator.
For the tablet form of the drug, storage in a dark place at a temperature of up to + 25 ° C is allowed.
Non-compliance with the temperature regime causes a decrease in the therapeutic effects of the use of the drug.
Composition, release form and action
The pharmaceutical preparation "Methyluracil" has 3 dosage forms at once:
The main component, regardless of the form of release, is methyluracil. Additional substances are contained in the medicine, however, they differ from the type of drug. The list of auxiliary ingredients is described in the table: